*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

The fact that today is the day we first met is the trigger. We celebrated May 26 every year. As the day our lives changed. Celebrate that we found each other. Missing us.
    Small world. Your anniversary being the 5th. We wanted to get married on May 26th. But his neighbor chose that date same year. They were divorced 3 years later. Thank you Karen. It does feel good to share and get support from my GW friends. Robin

Van Gogh likes this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Helena, I knew my GW friends would understand and offer support. Ron was in his car with his cousin. I was friends with his cousin. I was leaving my cousins house because I only had my junior license and couldn’t drive after dusk. As I was driving I saw them and we chatted. And invited them to go to my cousins house and play bumper pool. Ron and I were holding hands before the evening ended. Which for both of us, that was way out of normal. And then we bought our home on that corner we first met. I love how you love me was our special song. And on a lighter note Ron used to sing to me, I’ve got the brawn you’ve got the brains let’s make lots of money. It felt fitting, because we had a business together. He sang to me many songs actually. And music is difficult for me because of that. We were most definitely young teenagers falling in love. Such a special time. so many tears today. Thank you Helena. Robin

3. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Robin, your words about your June 4
    anniversary, are very moving.Anniversaries of a long relationship are extremely hard. As I
    just told Helena, we GW are always
    here for each other. On top of my
    daily grief over Linda, I'm in physical
    pain, from my leg being cut, getting on
    the bus. I'm taking Tylenol & an
    antibiotic,but it's taking forever to heal.
    GIC is a welcome distraction from my
    pain. Like you&Ron, Linda & I knew we
    had something special, when we met at a
    party in Boston. After we danced, we sat
    at a table, and I put my hand on hers. I
    kissed her in the parking lot, as we were
    leaving. I called her for a date the next day.
    We were in our 40s. Neither of us had
    ever been married. It was as if we had
    waited for each other. After living
    together for 3 years, I proposed to
    Linda, on a vacation, and she said
    yes. We were married for 25 years. I
    regard our wedding anniversary as
    "just one day", and try not to dwell on
    it, and enjoy each day following it. Lou

4. Van Gogh

Karen. It is so wonderful to,see you on here, reaching out to console our friend,
    Robin, after your sadness over the death of
    Rambo. I find that when I'm depressed, or
    lonely, it helps me to "talk" with my
    fellow GW , who are also lonely in their
    grief for their soulmates. You & Robin
    have so much in common, with almost
    the same number of years of marriage.
    Robin & I have something in common,
    unique to us. Ron and Linda died
    around the same time, right before
    Thanksgiving, 3 & a half years ago. I hope
    you will get on GIC more often. I was
    glad to give you a LMSO over my
    "bteak" typo. Lou

5. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Lou, as always, you give such compassion with words to everyone, always -- And that's why I love you, my friend.

Losing a pet sounds like bull shit compared to a person, but not so.

Yes, you and Robin have something in common, yes you do. Good night, K

6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Lou, I knew my GW friends would understand and offer support. I’ll be ok. Made it through today, stayed busy doing yard work. Next is our anniversary. Ron would always kiss me at 11:30 on our anniversary. That was the time of our wedding. I love your story of how you and Linda met. Thank you for sharing. Ron called me the next day for a date just like you and Linda. We went to see Lords of Flatbush at a drive in theater. Not everyone understands how you just know you’ve met the right person and know immediately. It’s something you can’t really describe. But it’s beautiful.
    Lou I’m so sorry you cut your leg getting on the bus. I hope you feel better and heal fast. Take care, Robin

Helena Beatriz and Van Gogh like this.
  7. Van Gogh

Thank you so much, Robin. Just woke up
    and my leg hurt, so I took 2 Tylenol. I'm happy I'm going to a rehab center , for
    balance, tomorrow afternoon.
    Karen, as I just told Robin. the cut on my
    leg hurt, so I took 2 Tylenol, and decided to
    get on GIC. When you said I gave compassion to everyone, and you used the
    word, always----twice----- it touched me.
    When you said that's why you love me,
    you moved me even more. I love you, too,
    Karen. Jack was a lucky man, to have you
    as his soulmate all those years. You are
    one of the brightest and funniest GW on
    here. They say that some of our best
    comedians have experienced great
    sadness and anger in their lives, and have
    managed to channel that into acting, or
    stand up comedy. It is a pleasure to know
    you, Karen. Lou

8. Van Gogh

Robin, P.S. ( I sent last post too soon. without signing my name, as I always do),
    and talked with Karen. I was so happy to
    see her talking with you. I feel like we've known each other a long time. I loved
    your drive in story. Linda & I never
    went together. I went with another
    woman, when I was in my 20s. I wish
    it were Linda, & that we'd met sooner.
    It was good that Linda & I had different
    relationships before we met, "beige"
    ones, to quote Linda, before we fell in love
    with each other. Deb loves Linda's word,
    "beige", bc Linda & I were anything but !
    Lou

Helena Beatriz and Rose69 like this.
  9. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Van Gogh likes this.
  10. Helena Beatriz

Van Gogh likes this.
  11. Helena Beatriz

Good Morning Robin, Wishing you a peaceful Friday! Lovely memories when you met Ron and the way you began holding hands, starting your business, buying your house and singing, happy times that will stay with you for ever. Thank for sharing your song, our song was from the movie Love Story "Where do I begin", we used to listen the romantic voice of Andy Williams...those where the days...sweet memories. Helena

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

Sadly, loss of memory/having trouble concentrating, seems to be an all too common side effect of grieving. It SUCKS!!! However, at least we can blame this on our foggy widow brains, lol... Hoping in time, as we're able to win more battles than we lose with Mr. Grief, our memory and concentration will return to "normal."

The sun has made very brief appearances in my corner of the world today. It looks like more of the same..., heat, humity, rain, thunderstorms, etc., etc., etc. It SUCKS!!! (I'm still stuck on SUCKS!!!, although it's grown way past stale, lol...) I'm guessing you're experiencing much the same nasty weather as I am. Hope in spite of Mother Nature's bad mood, your morning is going well...

As always, sending you, Yogi, and Sami, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Helena Beatriz and Van Gogh like this.
  13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

Laughter..., it IS!!! the very best way to get through all these daily, random, multiple attacks from Mr. Grief. Laughter, to repeat myself for what must be the zillionth time already, is one thing I'll NEVER!!! take for granted again!!!, TUTTAM!!!

As always, sending you, Yogi, and Sami, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  14. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

LOVE THIS!!! Just as I've said to George in the past, you could definitely sell your artwork. You are so very talented!!! Thanks so much for sharing, and for the smiles...

As always, sending you and Yogi & Sami, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  15. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Deb, I can't fine your post but what I remember was you said you wanted to wait until the fall for a fur baby, therapy dog and didn't want to care for anything this summer. That statement hit me. Friends and family suggest I get another kitty. I tell them I want my summer with nothing to care for. That seems to calm everyone down. And, truly I need this time for myself even if my home is empty, even if I'm empty. I have to learn to live without Jack and Rambo. It's time to focus on me so I don't make mistakes about decisions. So, on that note, thank you for your strength knowing you need this summer to focus on yourself. Karen

cjpines, Wednesday at 12:54 PMReport
    #147UnlikeReply

Karen,

In spite of all the pain and loneliness you're experiencing, I see such positive changes in you... I smiled BIG!!! TIME!!! when I read this. You are doing all the hard work grieving is forcing you to do, and in the process are learning new things about yourself. Sadly, it's a l o n g process..., but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, you are one of the wisest persons I know. You might keep things short, but your messages are filled with those "light bulb" moments!!!, TUTTAM!!!

I'm confident, ( I know you probably don't believe me yet), you're going to find your purpose again, find some sort of contentment, and some happiness too (although it will NEVER!!! be the same kind of happiness you felt while you were sharing your life with Jack), and will continue healing..., right up until the very moment you're reunited with Jack. I know Jack would be very proud and happy knowing how far you've come in this miserable journey (for lack of a better word), that not one of us would have chosen to take.

Although I've repeated this so many times, life is a gift. Whenever Mr. Grief wins one of those way too frequent daily battles, I remind myself of one of Bob's very favorite says, " As long as I'm on the right side of the dirt, it's a good day." The best way we can honor Jack and Bob, is by living the very best life we can, without them by our sides (physically). This is what they would want for us.

I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel now that I'm taking the time to put myself first. Sometimes I feel guilty about this, but to repeat myself again, guilt is one of those over the top useless emotions. On the days when I feel like I'm going to drown in tears, I keep repeating to myself, "I AM!!! healing!!!," over and over and over again. (Thank you Tom Zuba!!!) In a strange way, I think the more tears we experience, the closer we are to less tears, and more smiles... (Not sure if this makes sense, but I decided not to delete the last sentence.)

It looks like the sky is going to explode, one of those tropical like downpours... I want to get to the post office to mail a birthday gift for my very closest friend from "home." So, stopping here (for now).

Hope you have at least one reason to LMSO today, but hopefully more...

As always, sending you lots of love and hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Rose69, cjpines and Van Gogh like this.
  16. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I'm getting here late... Your message left me teary eyed... So over the top bittersweet... No words of wisdom, no advice, only zillions of virtual hugs, and lots and lots of love, being sent your way...

I hope you're feeling at least a little better today...

As always, sending you, Teddy, and Slinky, more hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

RLC and Van Gogh like this.
  17. cjpines

You just made my day.

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  18. Van Gogh

Karen, I'm so glad I made your day. From the moment we met, we made each other
    laugh. It seems so long ago that you were
    "the girl with the broken arm" and I was
    drowning my sorrows & getting more
    depressed ( even crying at the Shack bar
    one time). Now, I don't drink, or go to the
    Shack. I go to a place called the Whale's
    Jaw Cafe, which has live music every day.
    Met a married friend ( 50 years) there. He
    plays the drums in the backroom, and we
    talk about everything. I like his wife, too.
    About to go to see a physical therapist, but
    after that, I'll walk down the Neck on the
    ocean, to see my friends. It feels like
    summer today. Hope you have a great
    Memorial Day weekend, & do something
    fun with your daughter. Lou

19. cjpines

I will be with Jack's kids for a bbq. Sometimes I can't stand to look at them, they remind me of Jack and it hurts.
    I'm sure the Whale's will be a full house with lots of happy people celebrating Memorial w/e. Who knows that special gal just may be sitting there for you.
    Heal that leg. K

Van Gogh likes this.
  20. Van Gogh

Thank you, Karen. Deb says I may meet a
    "mystery woman" this summer, either at
    Whale's , or down the Neck. She will
    have to be from out of town, bc it's slim
    pickins here. I'd want her to have her own
    place. I'm used to my own apartment, &
    the freedom to come & go. At rehab center
    now. Good to see your post. Hope the