*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

cjpines and Van Gogh like this.
  2. Helena Beatriz

Deb, I just realized that I have replied to your always kind words in your same post!? No concentration, I'm blaming to my foggy widow's brain, when I change from one Android tablet to Geoff's Amazon Fire tablet I managed to messed up the posts, one time I put Yogy's picture in Gary's post, making him to quote "nice Yin Yang doggy", or Geoff's tablet is confused. (lol)
    Sending you love, joy and peace + zillion virtually hugs. Helena

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Helena had to reply to this one. I think your post should be in the laughter for the day site. It did make me laugh.

Van Gogh and Helena Beatriz like this.
  4. Helena Beatriz

I have one of those days, everything is a laughing matter!

5. Helena Beatriz

6. cjpines

Of everything you've done this is by far my favorite, perfectly done. How beautiful it would be framed for gifts. Thank you. K

7. cjpines

Deb, I can't fine your post but what I remember was you said you wanted to wait until the fall for a fur baby, therapy dog and didn't want to care for anything this summer. That statement hit me. Friends and family suggest I get another kitty. I tell them I want my summer with nothing to care for. That seems to calm everyone down. And, truly I need this time for myself even if my home is empty, even if I'm empty. I have to learn to live without Jack and Rambo. It's time to focus on me so I don't make mistakes about decisions. So, on that note, thank you for your strength knowing you need this summer to focus on yourself. Karen

8. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Karen, God Bless you . I think you're
    right to have a quiet summer for
    reflection & walks in nature. I am so
    glad to see you on here today. I have
    missed you, but I understand why you
    need a bteak. Lou

DEB321 likes this.
  9. Helena Beatriz

I'm glad you like my today's drawing BUT when Mr G. knocks at my door my drawings become esoteric. HB

Van Gogh likes this.
  10. cjpines

Lou, my first and probably only laugh for the day. Did you catch it? Yes, I do need a bteak and thank you, I'm still laughing. I better watch you more often. Ha!

Van Gogh likes this.
  11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Karen,
    I agree with you in your decision to give yourself the time to heal to take care of yourself. Our fur babies are our family and we need time to to mourn them just like anyone we might lose. You’ll know when it’s time. Your heart will speak to you. You’re not saying never you’re saying not now. It’s good to see you on here today. Working towards better days. Robin

12. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I agree with Karen, absolutely love this. It could be the front of a card. I’d buy it. ❤️
    Robin

DEB321, Van Gogh and cjpines like this.
  13. cjpines

Robin, thank you. And I think we all should focus on ourselves, we've been wounded and we need to recover as long as it takes.

14. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

So true Karen. We need to put ourselves at the top of the list.

15. cjpines

Robin, it's called, "Survival".

DEB321, RLC and Van Gogh like this.
  16. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

What a life-affirming and beautiful creature!

Attached Files:

17. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Karen, I didn't notice "bteak" until you
    pointed it out. I used to get mad when you
    found my typos, but now, I'm glad I can
    give you an occasional LMSO!! Lou

Helena Beatriz likes this.
  18. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’m feeling a little extra emotional today. And thought maybe if I wrote my feelings and shared that I might feel a little better. Here goes.
    Today 48 years ago at about this time is the first time I Ron and I met on the corner that we actually bought our house on and I still live in today. I was only 16 he was 19 and our meeting changed our lives. We each knew that we were meant for each other. which we shared with each other later on. We always celebrated today as a holiday. And then also our anniversary which is June 4th, it would be 45 years. I know I’m blessed and so lucky to find my soul mate when I was so young. I’m doing my best to think of the wonderful years we had together. But today it feels very hard.
    Thank you for listening. Robin

19. cjpines

I'm so glad you posted. Jack and my anniversary is June 5th and would of been 41 years. How special you both found each other so young and knew you were meant for each other. So many marriages end up in divorce. You and Ron have been blessed. Was there something different about today that triggered your emotions? A memory? A thought? We don't know why we have bad days, it's just what it is. Grief warriors are here to listen. Keep upright as my old friend always said. K

DEB321, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  20. Helena Beatriz

Robin, that is very nice to hear that love that never ends, it go my tears going... lovely memories, all the beautiful moments of your life. When I read the correspondence my imagination goes to your time when you just met Ron two young teenagers falling in love, so nice that you shared your feelings. Do you have a song that its only yours and Ron? those memories we will cherish for ever. HB

DEB321, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.