*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

What do you do when you're feeling lonely?

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by David Hughes, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

My husband found me after the (self inflicted) death of his last wife. Long time addicted to pain killers. Now I wonder how he wants me to carry on. I'll figure it out. I think he's actually guiding me....

2. Michael beck

Michael beck Well-Known Member

I beleive he is yes.. He wants to make sure you are safe

Liley773 likes this.
  3. Liley773

I know he's here with me. I just don't always pick up on the signs you know?

4. Michael beck

Thats the same here..
    Im always listening and looking but I dont always pick up on signs ..
    I know windy is with me as well..
    Just wish i could hold her just one more time ..
    One more kiss..
    One mire time to tell her just how very mych I love her and that she is my hearr

Sweetcole and Liley773 like this.
  5. Liley773

I'm sure she hears it from you.

6. Michael beck

I really hope she does..
    I said it so often when she was here.
    I made it a point to tell her everyday that i not only loved her but that I was... IN... love with her... she is my world..
    From the first time we meet..
    I made sure. She knew I loved her..

7. Liley773

That's wonderful. Jerry and I did the same. Whether in person or on the phone. He always said you never know if that will be the last time you talk to that person.

8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I’m no expert or anything. But I totally feel our loved ones are definitely with us. Even though we can’t touch, hold or hear them. They are with us and guiding us. They know we feel lost and are suffering in pain. They know how we all were each other’s everything. Just this morning as I’m preparing for this storm to hit which now has tornado warnings too. I started crying, I don’t want to go through this alone, I need Ron. As I’m crying, I smell Ron’s deodorant. He’s here, he’s helping me be strong to get through this.
    Keep the faith. There’s a good chance you’re missing signs.

Sweetcole and Liley773 like this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Barry. Don’t feel concerned for how others react. You be you! Think about it, we’re judged if we still hurt after a year. And judged if after a year we find someone to help with the loneliness. It’s either to much time or not enough time. These same people have their spouses. We’re trying to just get through the worst experience in our lives. That’s why this site works.
    My best support comes from people I’ve never met. Strangers if you will. But we know everything about each other.
    We don’t and you don’t Barry, need anyone’s blessings or approval, but you have mine. Do what’s right for you!

Sweetcole, Liley773 and Barry like this.
  10. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Thank you Robin. You're so right.

RLC likes this.
  11. Michael beck

12. Michael beck

Thats rite..
    And even now I talk to windy to make sure she knows that she is my love and I love her and miss her every second..
    I know she is with her mom who meant the world to windy.
    i know her mom was with her to hold her hand .i know she is not sick no more and feels. No pain.
    But I want her back so bad..
    I guess I'm selfish.. That way..we all are i know.

Liley773 likes this.
  13. Liley773

I've gotta be missing the signs. I feel left alone after the other signs I did see.

14. Liley773

We are all selfish and rightly so. We weren't ready to let go ....

15. Michael beck

You are so so right there..
    I am not ready to let go at all..
    Now its only going on a month fir me. Since windy passed . and my question is open to anybodys opinion..
    Can I hold onto windy to much i am now I know..but in the coming months is it possible I am holding on to tight..
    Meaning is it healthy for me to constantly dwell on what I cannot change

Remebering is one thing but constantly dwelling.
    Is it healthy.
    Is it normal?
    I really need to know your. Opinions.
    God bless you all

16. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Michael, don't worry about worrying or dwelling as you say. We have to dwell and work through our thoughts. I've found for me it's a progression at first it was how unfair it all is, and what could've I done differently, what questions didn't I ask. It does hurt, and it was constant, you're at a month it makes complete sense. As time goes on, you'll find yourself starting to get better your mind will drift to other things, then by surprise you'll come upon a good day, then a couple of bad ones, then back to a good one. I'll be at 9 months soon, and I've found I'm not consumed all day, they're are moments sprinkled through the day. Then by surprise you may have another bad day or two. This is a process, one step forward and two back, next day four steps forward and one back. A process, which you're just starting, very normal.

Always remember, always honor, always try, they'd want us too.

RLC and Liley773 like this.
  17. Michael beck

Thank you so much..
    I appreciate you're feed back on this fir me..
    It does help to know how yourself or someone else delt with a question this for me..
    I know im not the only one feeling like this at some point ..
    Thank you again..
    Gid bless you..

glego and Liley773 like this.
  18. Liley773

No you aren't the only one. I'm at 4 mos. I agree with glego whole heartedly. Dwell as much as you need to. There's no written time limit. You need to feel these feelings to get through it.

glego and RLC like this.
  19. Michael beck

I appreciate that.
    I'm so glad I. Found this site.
    All you good people have really helped me to understand what im feeling and I see it is normal..
    I was starting to feel like I was going nuts..

Liley773 and glego like this.
  20. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Michael,
    You’re not going nuts. You lost a huge part of your life, you, we all need this process. There’s no switch or magic wand to turn off the love and emotions that have grown for years.
    What you’re feeling is so normal. It sucks, it’s painful, but don’t stress over that. You have enough going on to drain all your energy.
    This site has been a life saver for me, and I’m sure many others. You’re just starting this process, just take care of you.

glego likes this.