So lonly

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by christine 36, Nov 2, 2019.

1. christine 36

christine 36 Member

Hi
    Hi Robin
    Sorry yesterday was tough for you, I have never met anyone who understands
    and thinks the same way I do, you seem to say the words I am thinking , So you are an animal lover as well, I had a beautiful cat that absolutely adored my husband and visa versa, I even bought him to the hospital so he could see him,
    It was an amazing experience The kitty walked up to my husband’s face and just stared at him George gave him a pet then the kitty walked to the end of the bed and curled up and went to sleep for an hour, if you knew my cat you wouldn’t have believed it because Sasha (my cat) never does that it was Amazing,
    Sadly my little cat got very sick in March
    And I had to put him down it was so heartbreaking , I loved him so much as he was a part of George to me, So after Sasha was gone I really felt alone, I am glad you at least have your little dog it’s sad as well when your animals miss the person that has gone my cat used to find anything of Georges and lay on it, it was so sad, Anyway lovely to hear from you,
    Talk again soon
    Christine ❤️

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Hi Christine,
    What a nice compliment, saying I say the right things. I think it’s because we had such wonderful husbands and marriages and longevity. We think the same. I love your story about taking your cat to the hospital. Warms my heart! Yes, I am an animal lover. Ron found my dachshund (Ted) after our last one passed. He set us up to go to the breeder and see him, it was all a surprise for me. The day my husband passed he felt so sick he was laying in the bathroom floor and I couldn’t keep Ted away from him. Wanted to walk on him and lick him. Ted sniffs my husbands shoes regularly. I don’t know about you. But I’ve kept many of the things where my husband put them down for the last time. Including where he last took his shoes off. So Ted sniffs them. He’s always been very attached to me but even more so now. Cries when I leave him. Makes me sad. I feel so bad your cat had to be put down. That’s heart breaking. Maybe you should look into finding another beautiful cat. Your relationship with your husband seems so close to what I had with Ron. So I feel I can say without a doubt, your George would want you get another cat, a friend for you to hold. Just a thought.
    I wish I could go out for walks like you mention you do. Afraid my arthritis makes it difficult. Ron and used to go on walks and take ted depending on where we’re going. I also inherited a large fish tank that I’m struggling with. I’ve lost some fish sadly. Don’t know what I’ll do if they all die. Can’t think about it. I’m trying to do things I’ve never done and other things I’m not strong enough to do. As I e mentioned we did everything together so I know how he did most things cause I was by his side, so that’s makes things harder cause I picture him doing things but easier but thankfully we did everything together.
    Look forward to your post. You also say the things I need to hear. It’s cray.
    Robin ❤️

3. christine 36

christine 36 Member

Hi Robin
    The only thing wrong with being connected is we live so far away from each other, I know we would be friends and I would be able help you with stuff , I think you are a bit younger than me but I don’t look or feel my age so i’ve Been told haha, Actually Robin I do have another cat, She belonged to my niece but she couldn’t keep her for many reasons so she begged me to take her, this was shortly after George passed away, I really didn’t want another cat because I had Sasha and I didn’t think it fair to bring a strange adult cat into the house, so I said No, besides I was already so stressed and crazy dealing with the loss of my husband, So a few months later my Niece started begging me again so this time I said yes because I felt so sorry for the poor cat, there is a lot more to this story but it’s to hard to write, Anyway I got the cat her name is SnowB she has been with me for two years, Sasha and her didn’t really like each other but they tolerated each other so it was OK , Of course I have grown to love SnowB but it’s not the same as Sasha , He was such a special little cat and I miss him soooo much!! Another loss I had to bare, I am glad you have Ted as I am sure he is s great comfort to you, I don’t understand why bad things happen to good people it’s just not fare,
    Where exactly do you live, You never know maybe I can come and visit one day,
    Sending you a hug
    Christine ❤️

4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

So I wrote a whole answer and it disappeared. I’ll try to rewrite it, that’s frustrating. I usually see what I’ve written gets saved often. Ugh that didn’t happen.
    I agree we would be friends and go get coffee, be each other’s support etc. as far as age, I feel it’s just a number. There are days I feel 50. If I didn’t have arthritis I’d feel much younger all the time. Usually sitting still I feel great. The business Ron and I operated was an auto upholstery business. I was sewing about six hours a day that’s very therapeutic for my hands. We made cushions and straps for therapeutic exercise machines and that’s what I sewed and created daily. I miss going to work with my husband. We had a great life. People say I should keep sewing and I will eventually but I’m not feeling it right now. Plus I brought so many things home from our business I need to clean some of that up. It’s hard to go through those things.
    I understand your feelings on the cat, it must have been difficult bringing a new pet into your life so soon after losing your husband I’m thankful for ted, he’s always been so well behaved but he’s been acting out some. Chewing on cords and things, when he’s left home alone. I think I spent too much time with him and now he’s needs me by his side. He checks on me often. And now I have music play and give him a little treat when I leave him. He seems to be doing better.
    I had more written but I’m forgetting and need to get ready to meet up with my daughter.
    This link should show you NY. I live on Long Island that’s the red fish like shape you see. Hope it opens for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island

Take Care, Robin