*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

sick family

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by emmakhandelwal, Sep 15, 2019.

1. emmakhandelwal

emmakhandelwal New Member

Hi all, I am a new member of this online group. It was about a year ago that I lost my grandpa on my mom's side to lung cancer. Now it's my grandpa on my dad's side that his health is failing very quickly. He's got stage 4 prostate cancer and also leukemia, congestive heart failure and also his kidneys and liver are failing. So my question is how do you cope or come to terms with him not being around forever and just watching him waste away. I feel so helpless with him no one can get him to eat, take his medications, or use any of the supportive equipment that has been given to him from the hospital. I feel like I'm in a sinking boat that can't get to shore.
    I am a full-time college student and trying to be there for both my dad, grandma and also spend as much time as I can with my grandpa. How can you be there for your family and support them when you are working on homework? The doctors gave him anywhere from 3 months to 2 years to live. I have a very complicated relationship with them for things that have been done and said when I was a child. I have no one to talk to that understands what I'm going through.