*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Questions for my situation

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Charlie/Jo, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Charlie/Jo

Charlie/Jo New Member

I have questions for my situation, because it is not similiar to the ones on here. So is this where I ask?

2. Charlie/Jo

Charlie/Jo New Member

Wanted to add this to my first post, but don't know how. When my Dad passed, his wife (not my Mother) cheated me out of everything regarding planning his funeral. She is not nice. She has a problem accepting his first family (my 2 sisters and me). I could not get past my feelings of what she did to me regarding this. Then a few years later, I gave it some hard thought. All I could come up with to get closure was the truth of my life with Dad. He truly loved me. Growing up, he taught me so much. He was a hands on Father. To make this short, She may have taken away my closure at that time, but she will never take away my life growing up with Dad. I still have anger toward her. Don't know how to resolve this.

3. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

How to resolve any issue that controls your life. Therapy. First. write a letter to your Dad and thank him for being a great role model. Then, write one to your step mom, read it aloud and tear it up. Get over that, she is not worth another thought. Best of luck for a promising future. Therapy is NOT scary. It is a relief to finally understand why we fell the way we do.

Charlie/Jo likes this.
  4. Charlie/Jo

Charlie/Jo New Member

Thank you for that advice. I have written one to Dad. I will make myself write one to her.....then tear it up. Jo

5. Charlie/Jo

Charlie/Jo New Member

I think the reason I can't seem to write one to her is because for the 33 years they were married, she did terrible things to me & I did not tell Dad because it would have caused trouble. Also when I think about all off it to write her a letter (I have tried before), it makes me physically sick to have to relive it to write it. Jo

6. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

How about recording it on your phone with all of the emotion you feel.? You need to get it out, even without specifics. Erase her from your memory and do not waste any more time on her. She is toxic..and you need to be around people who are genuine