*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

New to this. Feeling alone.

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by FrozenInTime, May 18, 2019.

1. FrozenInTime

FrozenInTime New Member

Hi, I am new here. I hope to find solace in stories and a place to understand my grief. I never have dealt with loss of a close person in my life. Nonetheless, my mom.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi FrozenInTime - welcome, and thank you for being here. Our site has been designed for exactly this - to find comfort, and those who understand. Grief is the experience of so many emotions, happening all at the same time. It can be so hard to know how to think, act, or feel, and it's changing all the time. I'm glad you've found us, and I truly hope we can be a help. Please take care~

3. Adriel

Adriel Member

I'm so sorry for your loss . Maybe we can help each other. My mom died in November and I am grieving hard!!

David Hughes likes this.
  4. LondonLady

LondonLady New Member

I'm sorry for your loss. My mom died in December. There are so many days I feel alone and nobody knows how I feel. I'm so glad that I joined this site since I feel like I will not feel so alone.

David Hughes likes this.
  5. segasan

segasan Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I too recently lost my Mom. Its overwhelming me emotionally, and I hope this website may be able to lend you some comfort.

David Hughes likes this.
  6. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

FrozenInTime, sorry for the loss of your mother. I know when my mother passed it was extremely hard to deal with, even though she had suffered for years.

I was with dad when he asked me to take care of mom, he passed two days later. I did the best I could, shopping for her, taking her to dialysis, keeping her company, and feeding her cats.

She would share so many stories with me, you see her first husband died in WW2 on D-Day, he was a naval sailor. She would show me pictures of him and her together and their short time together.

I got to ask whatever I liked, and she held nothing back. I will just say those were special days, times I will never forget. She eventually during the war married my dad, also a naval sailor. She would tell me you never knew what tomorrow would bring, war to home, a knock on the door from the dreaded mailman, or just bad news about the war.

My dad never wouldn’t share his time in the service with me, just that he and six brothers, not all of them, joined up because he said it was the right thing to do. My step brother, me, and many uncles, my grandfather all served, all but one went to war. It is a time as I now understand that is so tough to speak about.

I know nothing can ever replace the ones we have lost in life, so we keep those precious memories close, and over time look back over them as we recall. I will never forget the great times I had talking with my mom, nor all the special meals she would prepare.

Over the course of my life we did have many vacation trips to special places, and pictures would capture those moments. When I am sad and blue I reach for music to soothe me.

I hope you will take time to grieve, like we all must. I know it also has to be very tough considering the times we all face right now with Covid-19. Talk as much or as little as you wish.

Peace be with you today. Look over the site and read others' posts.

-david

I found this song, I hope you liked it