*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

New here... and hurting

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kia, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Kia

Kia New Member

In February I lost my best friend suddenly. Her loss has left me devastated. We were sisters of the soul. Then we lost my husband's Grandfather in May, one week after he was diagnosed with Leukemia. G-Dad was the backbone of our family. Losing him so soon after losing my best friend has plunged me into a deep depression. All I can do is sit in bed, listen to music, and cry. I need help but cannot afford to see my therapist right now. Hopefully soon because I can feel my grip weakening.

Marcia Carey likes this.
  2. ElizabethBen

ElizabethBen Member

Grief hits me like a wave, I try to go numb till it passes. Probably the best thing to do is feel it, sounds like your working it out. So sorry for you loss, death is a bit of an asshole!

Lexi Gangl and Kia like this.
  3. Kia

Kia New Member

Thank you.

4. Marcia Carey

Marcia Carey Active Member

So sorry for your loss.. Grief and depression seem to go hand-in-hand. You will find as a little time passes your coping mechanisms will be better. When you feel it getting too difficult try to side track it. I find me sit down one day and stood realizing that how many people are going through this. My loss has been 13 months old. It is now tolerable. At 1st I didn't think I could live through it but I surprised myself.

Medapa and Kia like this.
  5. Lexi Gangl

Lexi Gangl New Member

I also lost one of my best friends suddenly too, back in April. He played a major role in my current friend group and I was literally on my way home from school when I received that devastating call from our mutual friend. It's definitely hard losing one person, let alone two people. I'm currently at the acceptance stage but he still crosses my mind everyday. I've found distracting myself and running every morning has been beneficial for me. I hope you find peace and comfort, sending many prayers your way

Marcia Carey and Kia like this.