*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Lost my two soulmates in exactly two months.

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Martin2946, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Martin2946

Martin2946 New Member

Bit more than 5 months ago my dog (Wollie) suddenly passed away. Wollie were rescued from the streets by my girlfriend who then gave me the dog as a present and we immediately bonded very tightly.She was barely 18 months old and I loved her so much. She was like my shadow wherever I go she also go even the bathroom. When I leave the house she would sit in front of the gate till I get back it does not matter how long I would take. Then on the 22 May 2018 she were playing in the yard and suddenly became quiet I went out and she were shaking and vomiting. I immediately rushed her to the vet but one hour later the vet called me and said she passed away. I were devestated I never experienced such intense pain in my life. Then on the 17 July 2018 my girlfriend became ill. She refused to go to the doctor till I forced her on the 19th to go. She were diagnosed with pneumonia. She went to stay with her cousin for a few days till she got better because they had a respirator and she were having difficulty breathing. On the evening of the 21st her cousin called me and said she have had a mild stroke and were put in a induced coma and would be awoken the following day at noon. During the night of the 21st while in the induced coma she had another massive stroke. She were declared brain dead on the 22 July 2018. We were together for 5 years. Now all I feel is pain and sadness. I don't know how to go on. I'm not suicidal or anything but the pain is just unbearable. It feels like the grief come in such intense waves. When the one wave calm down I just get struck by another and so it goes all the time.

2. Xyzaa

Xyzaa Member

I would like to say, I am deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my very best friend and other half on Sept. 1st, 2018.. he was absolutely everything too me. It was very sudden, and then I got a ten week old puppy to help distract me and 3 weeks into having my Riley I learned he was going into kidney failure and had to be put to rest at only 13 weeks old. It seems like the season of pain will never end, like everyone says only time may help that too. I hope you have people there for you, or someone to confide in as well. Just know you are not alone.