*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Losing everyone I turned to in life

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Zack, May 29, 2019.

1. Zack

Zack New Member

Hello, I’m 30 years old and married for a short 19 months.

My mom wasn’t around from the time I was 14 until 28 when she moved back from Florida. 6 months later she was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer, this was March of 2018. Fast forward to the end of March 18 and my wife called to tell me her mom passed away in the passenger seat of the car from a heart attack while they were on a shopping trip.

6 weeks later my father in law had emergency surgery and spent months recovering.

Next my stepdad had cancer and had to go through radiation at the same time as my mom.

3 days after Christmas last year my mom finally succumbed to her 9 month long battle after a 3 month prognosis originally.

My wife and I were struggling but coping then March or this year my grandpa who I was very close with suddenly became ill and had to be taken of life support due to oxygen deprivation of the brain and no activity.

Now my dad is struggling health wise and diagnosed with congestive heart failure.

Sorry for such a long introduction but we are both just at a breaking point and exhausted, with the suddenness of all these situations and duration of them we can’t take time to heal ourselves because we are constantly taking care of everyone in need.

It seems odd to still have bad days but we just don’t have anyone left to turn to when they come.