*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

How do I live without my husband

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by LaurieLoo, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Sanpat

Sanpat New Member

TLD: I can relate so much to how you are feeling, especially since your loss is so new. I remember those feelings so well and thinking and praying it was all a bad dream. Your heart just hurts so much. I understand. I know I had to keep reminding myself to take things an hour at a time, a day at a time, etc. I went to grief counseling for many months. It helped to be able to express my feelings and get through that first year.

TLD likes this.
  2. TLD

TLD Active Member

That's all i have been trying to do. My friends and family have been great trying to bring me comfort. But it will never bring him back. Mine is a very complicated situation too. I saw him two days before he passed away and i do not get the opportunity to say goodbye for the last time.

3. blkcrwf1

blkcrwf1 Member

How do we live with out our love of our lives...that is a good question. I have no answer I wish I did. If I did I could continue walking through life, that is so hard to do

4. Nana6

Nana6 New Member

I am new to this, I have been wandering around in a fog and know I need someone who understands. I lost my husband of 40 years to a pulmonary embolism four months ago yesterday. It feels like just yesterday. We were high school sweethearts and best friends for several years before dating. I trying married my very best friend. He was 60 when he passed. His family lives less than an hour away and I haven’t heard from any of them since his passing except his brother last week and his sister the first week following. I have three daughters but I don’t feel I can express my grief with them, they loss their daddy. I feel so alone. I am trying to take care of all the business but I am stumbling with decisions. This is such a surprise to me I handled all the business prior to his passing. I am so scared, sleep is hard, I have bad dreams and restless sleep. I keep asking why the day he died he worked until noon, came home for a nap, at 5 he came to me and said he was having trouble breathing, we went to the ER and a few hours later the doctors came and told me he passed. I still am in shock! I go to the cemetery and sit for hours I know he isn’t there I know he is in heaven but I feel some comfort there. I am scared. I don’t know what to do. I need someone who can talk to me and share their story. I am sorry I wrote a book, I had a lot to say I guess. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and respond

5. Nana6

Nana6 New Member

6. jay.cheek

jay.cheek Member

I just lost my wife also 48 To young I was in disbelief and don't know how to overcome my loss people don't understand. They offer to help me but there is nothing can help