*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Kelly54, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Kelly54

Kelly54 New Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you for sharing your stories, I can identify with your loss. I lost both parents , 2 sisters and a brother in a span of 25 months, I am a nurse and I felt called to be the sole caregiver and hospice nurse to 2 of the 5 family members. My story is 2-fold, the loss of 5 family members and then the loss of 2 friends that I feel in some ways abandoned me through my grief, through the grief and my vulnerability I feel the friends took advantage of me , judged me and I felt very alone. I am doing my best to recover and heal from all the loss. I went to therapy, tried medications, but it didn't help . I thought about going to a grief meeting, but feel as though it's depressing to sit around and hear everyone's stories , just a constant reminder of loss. The only thing I found that works for me and helps me get up in the mornings, is I am staying close to my higher power and I am finding the grace, peace, and comfort to work through this painful time. I love life , its beautiful and yet can be so painful. My prayers are with all of you and I hope we can once again find joy and peace , hugs to all of you. Kelly

True North likes this.
  2. True North

True North New Member

Kelly,
    This is my first time on any site like this. I am struck by several similarities:
    *We are the same age.
    *I too have experienced many losses in a short period of time.
    *I was surprised to lose relationships after the biggest loss of my life...
    *I am a nurse.
    *My middle name is Kelly!
    Just writing this reinforces that I have not had the opportunity to grieve any of my losses. Hands shaking, tears forming... I have been in survival mode. Focused on work... Saying a prayer for you as well. Perhaps we will be able to encourage one another.

TJones and Kieron like this.