*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Fund raiser for medical bills, should I go?

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by JohnFS, Jun 21, 2019.

1. JohnFS

JohnFS Well-Known Member

My nephew and his sister are having a fund raiser to help me pay on my wife’s medical bills, my niece runs the eagles lodge here in town and they are having a big to do with a big screen tv and a swimming pool raffle, door prizes, selling bbq plates, pool tournaments and other things of the sort. I’m am very grateful but also at a loss for words for what they are doing for me, complete strangers will be there to donate to someone they don’t even know. My heart soars with the love and support of my family that no words can express the real thank you that I feel. I think this is something that they feel they can do to help, their contribution so to speak because everyone wanted to come to Houston to help but my wife didn’t want them to see her that way. It was heartbreaking for them I’m sure. What kind of bothers me is that I don’t know if can attend without getting very emotional. I would rather not go but it is for my wife’s cause. Maybe I can make a showing eat a meal and sneak off. What do you folks think I should do.

2. LynHH

LynHH Member

As difficult as it will be I feel maybe you should make a showing, say a brief thank you (even if through tears) and go back home to cry some more but to also realize how blessed you are with this showing of support. I wish you the best.

3. JohnFS

JohnFS Well-Known Member

Yes, I think I should at least make a showing and eat some bbq with them and say thank you. I should show gratitude for the blessing of fellowship and help from some very gracious people.

4. WoodMan

WoodMan Active Member

I agree, you should go to be with these people who are showing love towards you.

5. JohnFS

JohnFS Well-Known Member

I went to the benefit and it was a great event. The people were so wonderful.