*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Anyone under 35 grieving?

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Sabrina9451, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Sabrina9451

Sabrina9451 Member

I’ve lost both of my parents and my only sibling in the last three years. Really looking to connect with other young people who are grieving. Either parents or siblings.

So many people keep telling me I’m so young and still have so much life ahead of me. Well that “life” has changed drastically when not one person of my core family is still alive. I’m the only one left. I’m also single with no kids. Trying to figure out what this “life” is supposed to look like without a family there by your side.

C4tbear, Jessica Abigail and Nathan08 like this.
  2. cookie97

cookie97 New Member

First I want to say that I am sorry for your loss. I lost only my mother when I was 16 and I am 21 now. There is a lot I could say to attempt to comfort you but really i have no idea how you're feeling. I too am trying to get through life and make decisions without the one person i thought would be around forever. There is no guide book on how to get through grief or how to survive each stage f your life without people we hold dear to us. I just hope and pray that somehow we keep going through life and if you ever want to exchange messages I even though I am only 21 I can be there to listen if that's all you need.

3. sarasponda

sarasponda New Member

Hi there, I’m brand new to this site so note entirely sure how to navigate so I hope it’s ok that I’m replying here!

I just lost my dad 3 weeks ago, and my mom passed when I was 16. I’m 30, and often hear people say “you have your whole life ahead of you/ so much to look forward to/ the best is yet to come” and it drives me up a wall. I don’t know how I’m supposed to live the rest of my life without them. It seems so daunting.

Let me know if you’d like to talk; I think we have a lot in common.

4. Nathan08

Nathan08 New Member

Hi Sabrina. I’m 30 and I’ve lost my father and both paternal grandparents. The more recent losses were my grandma (2016) and dad (2017).

I am here to connect as well. Please feel free to message me or continue here first. Humans are so strong. Getting through all this pain and grief will make us stronger.

Sabrina9451 likes this.
  5. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Hi, Nathan. I am so uplifted to read your posts. I understand how positive you are being. You are right that all the pain and grief make us stronger. That is the purpose of it all. We become more compassionate with others' situations. We understand them better. I am 20+ years past the suicide of our 28 year old son. For many years I wondered how God could ever work our situation for good. Yes, we can help others going through the same experiences. However, I just heard a message that made me understand, not only does God use our experience to help others, but He uses it to help us to be better people ourselves. Our pain and grief make us stronger, just as you said. We understand what is really important in life and what really doesn't matter. When we turn to God with all of our heart, He develops more of His wonderful character into us. Yes, it is difficult, but it helps us become more than what we ever could be on our own. We don't grow when everything is good-we grow when life is hard. I appreciate you. May God bless you, give you peace, and continue to strengthen you. Chris

6. Sabrina9451

Sabrina9451 Member

I’m happy to hear how positive you are. I have days were I feel like I can be then other days where it’s just so hard to. All of this will certainly make us stronger individuals. That’s for sure.

7. TommySixx

TommySixx New Member

Hey Tommy here and brand new to this site but I’m 29 and lost my wife at 27 I don’t know how to deal

8. Chris M 2000

Welcome Tommy. We are so glad you are reaching out to us and so very sorry for your terrible loss at such a young age. I am sure you miss her very much. Please stay in touch with us. We want to support you in whatever way we can. Chris

9. Chris M 2000

Hi, Sabrina. We are glad you are here with us again. I am not a young person, as your requested, but I do want you to know we were not positive at the beginning at all. I have had since 2000 to adjust to my son's suicide, so quite a bit of time to get more positive about life. You had so many losses so close together. It must have been very difficult and it will take awhile for you to get your footing again. This walk of grief is not a quick one, so just keep on going and things will get better for you. Love you, Chris

Sabrina9451 likes this.
  10. Hi there, I am turning 24 on the 18th I lost my mom 7 months ago...

11. I lost my fiancé 2 1/2 years ago. He died suddenly while away at school. I am 35 now and we have a child who is almost 6. If you want to reach out I am by no means a pro at any of this. Some days I survive and other days I do very well.

12. C4tbear

C4tbear Member

Hi Jessica, I turned 30 1 month ago and lost my mother to breast cancer 11 months ago. My first birthday without her was though.
    I have a few details about myself on my profile.
    If anything of this sounds interesting to you please feel free to reach out :)

13. Are you referring to your moms birthday or your own birthday?

14. C4tbear

C4tbear Member

Hi Jessica, apologies, my own. I was born in 1991.

15. Would you like to talk? I need support and advice

16. C4tbear

C4tbear Member

Sure. I don't know if I have good advice but happy to talk :)
    What time zone are you in?
    I'm in Adelaide Australia. It's 8:33 am here at the moment. I'll be working for the 4h but then I'd be free to talk.

17. It's after 1h30am in south Africa...

18. I get it. It totally sucks becoming a member of the widow/widower group so young. Do you have a support network? My family is not understanding at all, his parents and siblings are not either and the majority of my close friends prior to his death disappeared because they didn’t know what to say. I am not sure if you want to discuss your situation, but the lonely, alone, empty feeling I have gets better when I talk to people about it most of the time.

19. C4tbear

C4tbear Member

Hi Jessica, have a look at this time zone picture/website.
    Let me know what time would be suitable for you.

I don't know when you get up on a Sunday, this is just an example.

Attached Files:

20. C4tbear

C4tbear Member

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your reply!
    I turned to this website due to the lack of an IRL support network.
    I liked your little bio on your profile and your profile picture.
    I totally forgot to write about my love for nature! :D
    I appreciate it every day since I moved to Australia.
    In Germany I was a pharmacy assistant, so I definitely love to hear about your work as a nurse and about how you met your husband.

I think having a chat about our loved, dead ones does help to ease the empty feeling. I'm in the most awkward time zone possible. SA, Australia, which has a half hour time zone, like why, lol.

I work 8am-5pm plus 1h commute each way, with 45min lunch from 1.15pm-2pm.
    Let me know what time suits you and we can arrange a phone call.

Best wishes,
    Elisabeth