*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

26 of the longest, most horrendous days of my life

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by MissFFMedic, Jun 26, 2020.

1. MissFFMedic

MissFFMedic New Member

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

My 22yr son took his own life on May 31st. As a direct result of bullying from other grown adults. Self inflicted GSW.

It's getting harder as the days go by, not easier.

He was in Florida. I am in Texas. I waved him off on his road trip to new adventures 3 years ago. Last week he came home in a box.

I am beyond broken.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for the tragic loss of your son. And for him to be bullied by adults, horrible what is wrong with people. I’m devastated for you. It’s a shame he didn’t reach out for some counseling so this might not have happened. But I do understand to a degree how he was thinking and it got to him. My daughter got bullied in school. But adults doing that, I feel speechless.
    You gave him the freedom to go enjoy life and experience new and different adventures, that’s a wonderful thing.
    I know the pain you speak of, although my loss was my husband from a massive heart attack. That took him from me in 2 hours, and he had no previous health issues. The pain is overwhelming.
    Your loss is so very resent, I’m afraid this is a very long journey to try and heal. You’ll never forget, he’ll always be in your heart. I’m afraid as I read your story, I feel anger towards the people who bullied your son, so I know you have anger too. And you should. Scream, yell, shout, whatever you feel like doing, do it and get some anger out. And cry, it’s all healing. When I see your profession, I see you’re a very strong woman that chose a profession that’s very giving and caring. I thank you for that. And I pity the people that have nothing better to do but bully a young man who is trying to enjoy life.
    Come back to this site often and read others stories and continue to share your story and your feelings. It’s all very helpful.
    Please take care of you, don’t push yourself too hard, live one day at a time, or one moment. And know you’re not alone in your pain and how you’re feeling. Everyone here knows and understands.
    Sending you hugs! Robin

3. Curtpg

Curtpg Member

I understand. I lost my son (37) to suicide July 3rd. We have no idea why, there were no signs, not even in hindsight. Three months later and I agree, it keeps getting harder. I wish you the best, whatever that is, I can't recall feeling but grief any longer.