*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Work Advice

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by csmith532, Jan 3, 2022.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

But Lou, how are you doing? Did you have to go see the nurse practitioner? Are you any better?

Van Gogh likes this.
  2. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

KIM who's does medical researcher, over night.gave
    me another ride tonight & was not happy,
    the mother gave me a shot, innocuculatuon.
    Lou

n the office,.ppl plz
    there alternative therapies for all us, if we can just show paiience. Lou . Musinex
    rocks !

3. Van Gogh

Talk tomorrow., Debi . Undercovers. . See you later . Lou. ...... .

4. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Lou I never heard the song by Johnny Cash “when the man comes around” till tonight. My favorite is “don’t take your guns to town” by Johnny. “Kentucky rain” is my favorite Elvis song. One of my honeymoons was spent at Graceland. Chad one thing I read in the 6 needs of reconciliation for the Mourner was to dose yourself with grief. Don’t take large dosages. Spread them out. We have to be able to distract the mind to accomplish this. Get some exercise, call a friend, pay bills, cook some food, or run the sweeper. Do anything healthy to break the demon spell of Mr Grief. Afterwards let in a little grief at a time. We have to feel to heal. At the 2 month mark from losing Cheryl I thought it wasn’t going to be that bad. At the 3 month mark I relapsed so bad I went to the doctor. If I had a really bad week usually the next week was ok. Not this time. It was really bad at least another month. Then I found GIC. My therapist suggested mindfulness earlier. I had already started reading the book Radical Acceptance by Tara Brack. It took a month of practice to work. I gained the ability to reset my brain(stop all the screaming) and sleep better. I need to thank Karen for the LMSO about watching out for the bedbugs. Karen my Grandma told me a story of picking the bedbugs off Grandpa so he could sleep when they lived in a flop house in Chicago in the early 30s. She said the bites drew blood. Jobs were scarce then. Bernadine The designer hankies with “I’m OK just grieving” gave me a LMS0 too. You have experienced a variety of culture. Patti I’m sending you a virtual hug with love on it. We press onward towards the goal of complete liberation of Mr Grief. Gary

5. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better. Im glad you got people in your corner to help. Praying you get stronger with each passing day.

6. Van Gogh

That's amazing that one of your stays, was
    in Graceland, Gary. We liked the song,
    Graceland, by Paul Simon. As for The Man
    Comes Around song, by Cash, it was
    recommended to me about the possibility
    of an afterlife, and I found Johnny's voice to be older and moving. Lou

csmith532 and DEB321 like this.