*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Work Advice

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by csmith532, Jan 3, 2022.

1. csmith532

csmith532 Well-Known Member

Hoping you get better soon, brother.

-Chad

Van Gogh likes this.
  2. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Chad. your story of. singing the same
    Elvis song, every night, to Lizzy, choked me
    up. When Linda died, ANY song was a
    trigger, and would make me break down,
    & weep. The sad, slower ballads of
    Frank Sinatra, reminded me of the fact that
    Linda would not grow old with me: Cycles, It Was a Very Good Year, That's Life, and, of
    course, My Way. One day, by accident, I
    saw a young Elvis appear on the Frank
    Sinatra TV show. They obviously liked &
    respected each other. Sinatra was classy
    enough to let the younger Elvis bask in the
    applause of his younger, louder audience.
    Linda & I went to many blues concerts
    together, & I couldn't stand to listen to
    those songs, without sobbing. One morning, over coffee, I listened to a song
    that made me happy, before I met Linda:
    Hootchie Cootchie Man, by Muddy Waters.
    I didn't cry. I listened to the beat, and even
    sang along. That opened the doors for me
    to listen to ANY song---after 3 years. Your
    wife's death, like those of many here, is too
    recent. It may not seem like it, but your
    grief DOES get better, even though it can
    never disappear. Maybe there's a different
    song you can start with. Lou

csmith532 likes this.
  3. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Chad, I love that song too. The one I always hum by Elvis is, "Your always on my mind". Not sure if that's the name of the song or lyrics. It's been 1 year now and I still can't listen to music. Jack has 6 boxes of records dating back to when he was a teenager; as going through them it brings back so many memories listening to his favorite songs together. We used to dance in the front room to blues, our favorite. I will not play them. He loved his music so much.

csmith532 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. Van Gogh

Karen, so sorry you can't listen to music
    right now. Linda & I had the Willie Nelson
    versions of both You're Always on my
    Mind, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow,
    both of which would bring me to tears.
    Maybe some day...... Lou

5. cjpines

I never liked any songs by Willie Nelson or Merle Haggard. Two family members would buy me a record by either composer for a joke. I just don't like their way of singing. But, I'll bet I find them in Jack's records.

Van Gogh and Countess Joy like this.
  6. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

I can't wait for the day when I can walk into a grocery store, do all of my shopping, without having to carry zillions of tissues with me. It really SUXS (I like George's creative twist)!!!, TU!!!, that food, something we should just be able to enjoy, has to be such an emotionally charged thing... I think we should have the biggest cyber party ever, complete with all of our favorite foods, (and music too) if the day ever arrives when food becomes just food again, when it's no longer necessary to keep the Kleenex company in business.

Hope today you have at least one reason to LMSO...

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace.

P.S. Fried dough dusted with powered sugar... Out of nowhere, one of Bob's all time favorite junk foods, the really bad for you kind that you get at carnivals, amusement parks, not that there is a really good for you kind, lol..., has me reaching for my faithful companion, that box of tissues. This just SUCKS!!! (Variety is definitely the spice of life.) I think I'm beginning to really "lose it" in more ways than one, so stopping here.

P.S.S. In my defense, I've been on hold with a financial company for the last hour, (a service representative came back once to make sure I was still on the line) all because I want a copy of a 1099 that should be sent to me automatically without all this garbage (being polite today!!!) so I can give it to my CPA when she prepares my taxes this year. Whatever happened to REAL customer service???!!! Better get off my soapbox before I even begin to get going!!!

Van Gogh likes this.
  7. Van Gogh

Katen, perhaps It's time to donate
    Dvds. & CDs..... Lou

8. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Chad,

It brightens my day when I can help someone else even if it's only in a very small way. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. "Can't Help Falling In Love,"by Elvis was one of our all time favorites... It's a good thing I keep a box of tissues in every room in this house... You and I have something else in common. Although I bet I have you beat in the can't carry a tune department!!!

I hope in spite of how much all of this SUCKS!!!, I hope you have at least one reason to LMSO today...

As always, sending you and Fergie hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

csmith532 and Van Gogh like this.
  9. Van Gogh

Deb so sorry about clueless customer
    swerice

DEB321 likes this.
  10. Van Gogh

Deb, Karen, Bernadine. Chad: TIME for
    THIRD nap under WARM blanket....Lou

11. cjpines

I will donate some records. My son-in-law found out some of the old Beatles are worth $4000 in good condition that I have. Katen, new spelling.

Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  12. cjpines

Yes, Lou I'm giggling.

Van Gogh likes this.
  13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Lou.

Still on HOLD!!! There's no point hanging up, I'll just have to go through all of this garbage (in a polite mood today) tomorrow. Bob didn't have any patience when it came to horrible customer service. He definitely wouldn't be in a polite mood!!!, TU!!! This SUXS!!! (I'm really beginning to lose it now...) Well, at least I can "talk" to you, and TGW while on hold (Started this and then, it was a MIRACLE!! the customer service rep, if you can call him this!!!, returned to the phone with good news!!!, the needed form will be mailed to me at the end of this month!!!) Now I've lost my train of thought. But, will post this anyway.

Hope you're feeling lots better!!! Hope you have at least one reason to LMSO today...

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  14. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lou,

Enjoy that nap... Sleep well...

Van Gogh likes this.
  15. Van Gogh

Hurrah, for your good news. About to get
    under blanket for nap. while Kiim &
    daughter go shopping for me. Talk later. L

16. Van Gogh

GOOD ;):mad::D!!! Lou

17. Van Gogh

"nwe" spelling. Oh.brother
    ! Lou

18. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

We need to find hand towels embroidered with “I’m fine, just grieving” on them to replace the kleenex all together. We’d be less invisible in our grief and more environmentally responsible!
    (I think I just gave myself my own lmso, lol)

cjpines, DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  19. Van Gogh

Kim, not "Kimm " , just stopped by. Way
    past my nap. See you later, "Katen"!!! L

20. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

Thanks for that LMSO!!! I definitely needed it!!!, TU!!! We would be following the advice to mourn in public that is in all those books on grieving I've either read, skimmed, or put on the shelf underneath the end table in my living room, and are currently serving more than one purpose, adding not only an unwanted decorative touch, but also to the accumulation of the dust bunnies that I've been ignoring, and also we would be doing our part to make sure future generations will be able to enjoy all the beauty Mother Nature provides. (This could be my all time longest run on... However, I'm not the least bit concerned since George has absolved all of us from any and all grammatical errors. Thanks again George!!!) Hope this super l o n g sentence makes sense...

Countess Joy likes this.