*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Witnessed traumatic accident loss of spouse

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Chestermaddie, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Chestermaddie

Chestermaddie New Member

Has anyone out there witnessed a traumatic accidental death of their spouse. I’ve not been able to connect with someone who has this experience. My husband and I were out on our bicycles when he was hit by a motorcycle and died on the side of the road despite efforts to save him. I personally performed cpr before EMS arrived.

2. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Hello Chestermaddie. I am sorry for the loss of your husband. Your loss has more trauma than mine but I lost my girlfriend Cheryl suddenly and unexpectedly to a cardiac arrest 18 months ago today. Cheryl had no known health issues. we had supper and watched tv the night before. How could I ever imagine I would be Cheryl’s first responder like you the next day? There are 2 other members on the Loss of Spouse thread that had sudden losses also. When I would replay Cheryl’s death I would look at a collage of photos from special places we had been on my phone. Then I would try to tell myself the tragic event was just a fraction of our time together. I’ve been to in person grief meetings, therapy, read 7 different books on grief and meditation and it all has helped. Interaction with people I’ve met on the loss of spouse keeps me from feeling so alone. Be very gentle and compassionate with yourself. I hope come to the site I am referring to. Gary