*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Will this pain ever go away? miss you mom

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Emss, May 27, 2021.

1. Emss

Emss New Member

I lost my mom almost 1 year ago. At first, I was full of regrets. Sometimes I can't even understand how I pretend that nothing happened. There is always something missing inside of me, and I had hoped that the pain would lessen as time went on. As the longing in me increases, as time passes, as the memories begin to disappear, my pain increases. Sometimes in my nightmares I saw her dead, and when I woke up I realized that it was just a bad dream, the comfort was worth everything. But now I'm in that nightmare and it's real, I'm trying to wake up and I would give anything to have that feeling of relief again and to see her just one more time. I was tired of going on with my normal life knowing that this was going to get worse. I'm 24 and i can't talk to anyone because it's been so long and life goes on for them, I feel ashamed. I just want to be shown empathy.

2. Freebrd30

Freebrd30 New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom suddenly about a year and a half ago. I live 18 hours away from my dad and siblings and I just can't bring myself to go back there when she's not there. I'm reading a book by Teresa Caputo called Good Grief. It's helping a little bit. There is no time limit for when you should be done grieving, so don't beat yourself up.