*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Why do some people say , "It will get better ?"

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by Kristine50, Jul 9, 2020.

1. edj9

edj9 Well-Known Member

Hehe. It makes me glad to think of you enjoying chocolate. I always have a package of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Raspberry Radiance within reach that I dip into when I feel really low. Who said anti-depressants have to be prescribed?

Kristine50 likes this.
  2. Kristine50

Kristine50 Member

You had me at dark intense ! LOVE dark chocolate

3. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Sad to say but people say and do things out of ignorance to a situation. They think time heals things but I think time only makes you stronger to deal with your pain. You will forever miss your parents because simply that they were your parents. Hold on to their memories and let them live on through you.

Kristine50 likes this.
  4. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I get what you say about missing Chuck but wouldn't want to leave him in the world alone. I lost my fiancee 4 months ago. Although he had health issues we were dealing with them and his death came as a surprise. I miss him everyday and wish he could magically come back. A small part says I wouldn't want him here dealing with the kids and the pain of his health. I'd rather be overwhelmed with the kids than him have to suffer and find ways to take care of them without me. You're right everyone dont get to send them off. Everytime we've had to go to the hospital I'd been by his side except when he passed. Due to the virus I couldnt be there. I feel like I let him down in the end.

edj9 likes this.
  5. edj9

edj9 Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for you, and I wish I could tell you something to assuage your guilt. I did things or failed to do things that I regret, and will to my dying day. Regrets are just part of the human condition. Only in the movies do people get to die without them. But what I can say is that the pandemic and the isolation protocols were beyond your control, which I’m sure you get, rationally, but I know it’s very hard to reconcile with how you feel.

Sweetcole likes this.
  6. Kristine50

Kristine50 Member

Thank you for your kind words ,very kind words

Sweetcole likes this.