*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Where are you from?

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by griefic, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Linda63

Linda63 New Member

I live in the foothills of Northern California - not too far from Sacramento.

2. Ceee

Ceee Well-Known Member

Born in South Dakota, Lived in New York City, now in rural Pennsylvania.

3. brokenheart

brokenheart New Member

4. brokenheart

brokenheart New Member

I am from Fl. Lost the love of my life who luckily I had for 34 years. Twenty years we fought diabetes while the last 4 1/2 years we battled throat cancer. All along I was his caregiver and so very proud to be. He passed Sept. 2, 2019 and now rests in the Jacksonville National Cemetery. He is truly missed and forever loved so now I am searching a way to go forward. Thank you for this wonderful sight and thank you for allowing me to join. Best of luck to everyone.

5. Brigit

Brigit Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Toronto Ontario Canada.

Anyone live near my area?!

6. Jjslover

Jjslover New Member

What part of Illinois? I am in Champaign.

7. Jjslover

Jjslover New Member

What part of Illinois? I am not from here... moved in Jan.after the sudden loss of my partner. I am in Champaign.

8. Kendra88

Kendra88 New Member

I’m from Arlington, Texas

9. Rosa V

Rosa V New Member

I'm from Toronto, Canada
    I'm new to this site and just wanted to relay my story.
    April 27, 2020 my husband passed in hospital alone (because of COVID no visitors allowed) of massive heart attack. We were married 27 years (together for 33)
    Yes he had kidney failure however we were doing dialysis from home. I was actually in the process of giving him my kidney.
    I took him to hospital evening of April 23 and told them i think he had a minor stroke. They assessed him, gave him a shot of morphine, prescribed him Tylenal 3 and sent him home. Next morning 7:00am we were again back at hospital as he couldn't even walk - barely move. I argued and went in with him.
    Long story short, yes he did have minor strokes and they transfered him to another hospital to put in a stent. That procedure didn't work so they kept him there to do dialysis and to have him undergo surgery. By April 25th he went on a ventilator as he couldn't breathe properly (was tested twice for COVID and results were negative) and didn't come back off ... had massive heart attack morning of April 27.
    Its now 10 months later and still missing him.
    My sons (22 and 21 year old) are still trying to cope with the loss of their father.
    I received a lot of support from family and friends. Visiting my late husbands family (especially his mother) is the hardest.
    Can only last 3-4 hours then I come up with excuse to leave.
    The loneliness is the killer. That's what people don't seem to understand.
    Searching to move forward and signed up for this wonderful site.
    thank you

10. KelleyAnne

KelleyAnne New Member

I’m near Syracuse, NY.

11. Jay Cookingham

Jay Cookingham New Member

I'm in Hyde Park, NY

12. 1Longstem

1Longstem Member

I live an hour & about probably 30 min from downtown Atlanta GA - live in Monroe ga

13. 1Longstem

1Longstem Member

Hello - I noticed u live in TN - I live in GA - an hour @ least NE of Atlanta in Monroe ga my name am using for the site is Long stem but my 1st name is a double 1st name Meri Lee u take care

14. 1Longstem

1Longstem Member

hi Becky - I live in NE Ga - Monroe ga my 1st name is Meri Lee

15. IngridBrooke

IngridBrooke New Member

I live in south-west New Hampshire, but spend the year going up to a family house in The White Mountains. Anyone near here?

16. RobynAus

RobynAus New Member

I’m from Qld Australia. Any other Aussies out there?

Taiga likes this.
  17. lulu52

lulu52 New Member

hi i am on long island too

18. RobynAus

RobynAus New Member

I am from Townsville Qld Australia

19. ValerieD

ValerieD Member

Philadelphia, PA

Michele22 likes this.
  20. Terri