*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

What would help?

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by griefic, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Vinamay

Vinamay New Member

It started with losing my brain in law unexpectedly in August, then I lost a very dear friend at the end of October to cancer. One of my best friends passed unemployed at the beginning of December, an aunt a week before Christmas,my sis in law went to hospice the beginning of January and passed 2 weeks later. My son got married 1/26 we woke the next day to find out that my husband's stepmother passed the day of the wedding. This makes 6 family and close friends that have passed in 6 months. I'm overwhelmed and don't know how to deal with all the grief and depression

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

That’s a lot of losses in such a short amount of time. It’s so much to process all at once. My heart breaks for you. Take one day at a time. These are all people so near and dear to you. Go easy on yourself. The happiness and celebration of your sons wedding and then learning your husbands stepmother passed the same day. That really is a lot on its own to take in. Get fresh air each day, it really does help. Talking about your losses is very important. People here know and understand about losses and the excruciating pain. Read and share stories on here. It is very helpful. Wishing you the peace and strength to keep pushing forward. Robin

3. Moocher

Moocher New Member

Finding a friend or two with whom I can chat and fill lonely time.

Madcowpro1980 likes this.
  4. Madcowpro1980

Madcowpro1980 Member

New to the group. Still grieving the lost of my sister. Moreover since her death, the connection with my side of the family has diminished to practically zero UNLESS I initiate the conversation. I get people can get busy but how more value is just taking a few minutes and calling/texting/emailing.

5. Madcowpro1980

Madcowpro1980 Member

So sorry for the losses in your family. My goodness. Here to be support as much as we can.

6. MarieC

MarieC New Member

I too, hope for purpose, will not be taking any meds altho recognize they are helpful at times. I am not as much depressed as I am just in a place of what next ??? I tried support group, and found many there to vent profusely and stating they wanted to stay there...and I am fighting to move forward. It was not helpful for me to listen to it all every week. Understand !!