*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Patti 67

Patti 67 Active Member

Dear George,
    Here it is 3:20 A.m.in SC, I couldn’t get to sleep and came in to view your recent art, delighted to see Helena posted beautiful drawing too.
    It was meant for me to log in, your posting really warmed and touched my heart. You are an amazing man, going to and from dialysis 3 X week, in that extremely cold, winter weather. Rainy season weather. Yet George ,without hesitation you bring sunshine into our lives, placing smiles upon our faces with your Beautiful art work.
    I too sold our home in Calif. moved here to SC into an apartment and a second move to where I’m now living. I’m not able to get into GIC often anymore but always looked for your postings, you’ve shown and taught me what it is to have strength, courage, perseverance. It’s people such as you, enduring all that you do, is a reminder how I have been so very blessed with good health, only recent health issues past few years , but hey, I just hit my 86th BD the 7th of this month. I’ve really simplified life each day, best thing
    I’ve done for myself is to practically quit watching tv, definitely no news, being very selective what I do watch, I may just decide to unplug an cancel it altogether.
    While reading you’re posting it bought to my mind , when I heard the AA meditation as a young girl, I’ve always believed these words are for everyone,
    “ God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
    These words have helped me immensely through my lifetime, my greatest need while caring for my beloved
    Jack. My Mama always said “Patti, if God brings you to it, He will always get you through it.”
    It’s taken me awhile in one finger picking key board but wanted to post to you. I’m not great at wording, in conversing but just speak from my heart.

Blessings, Patti
    Big Hug and prayers for you and all folks here. zzzz time is calling me, JayCee is snoring loudly, I think she’s telling me the key board clicking is noisy, dogs have sensitive ears to sounds so I’ve been told.Hope to visit
    again.

2. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Patti! Your kind words touch my heart! I will try to post more art as soon as I create some more! Take care and have a peaceful day!

Patti 67, Deborah A. and Rose69 like this.
  3. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

I can truly relate to this.

Ceee, Patti 67 and eyepilot13 like this.
  4. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

I find some measure of comfort in these lyrics:

Among the living you'll find the dying
    Waiting softly to pass on
    Why can't a love be like a spirit
    As it floats up to the sky
    With the giving there is taking
    Neither one feels like it's right
    And since your heart can't tell the difference
    You give up without a fight
    Because you know it makes you cry
    'Cause you can see what's passed you by
    Because you feel you can't decide
    Among the living
    Instead of headstrong into darkness
    We should be drifting into light
    It's been a long time we've been searching
    And we still can't get it right
    Among the living, breathing painted shells
    Crumbling as they fall
    Among the living, among the living, among the living
    Among the living

Countess Joy, Ceee, Patti 67 and 5 others like this.
  5. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Let's all try. Karen

Ceee, Deborah A., Patti 67 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ceee

Ceee Well-Known Member

Sometimes looks can be deceiving as many of you understand. We look peaceful and put together on the outside but on the inside we are crying and lost. Like looking out at the snow in my front yard it looks so peaceful but it took a storm to get that way and this clean peaceful look is only short term and then things are back to real life.
    Here are hugs to you and may you find peaceful scenes that will last and offer you comfort.

Attached Files:

eyepilot13, Rose69, Jeffry and 3 others like this.
  7. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

8. cjpines

Helena, that pic is so, what can I say, sultry beautiful. Calming, peaceful, heavenly. Karen

RLC, eyepilot13, Countess Joy and 2 others like this.
  9. MICHAEL2023

MICHAEL2023 Well-Known Member

A beautiful scene, for sure. It looks like how I feel inside today, so I guess part of the must be beautiful too.
    Thanks a bunch.
    ~ Michael

10. cjpines

This was sent a long time ago by Bernadine, Countess Joy, one of our members. I just found it and wanted to share.

By iva eh-hee-may

You gotta resurrect the deep pain within you and give it a place to live that's not within your body.
    Let it live in art. Let it live in writing. Let it live in music. Let it be devoured by building brighter connections.
    Your body is not a coffin for pain to be buried in. Put it somewhere else.

I especially like the last sentence and hope you find some enlightenment from it. Bless, Karen

Ceee, RLC, eyepilot13 and 3 others like this.
  11. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I haven't been on her cuz I feel too bad inside.. I hurt so much.. I thought I was recovering but a massive grief crash the last few weeks sense She has been gone THREE YEARS! I am a total blithering idiotick incompetent MESS! Sorry I can't so art these daze of Hell

12. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hi George, great to hear from you. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time, you know we all feel for you,we understand. I have been missing your art. I haven't been on the site much either, I read posts from new members, I've answered a couple but generally I just feel so torn apart myself mentally, that I can't even think of what to write to them,and I feel so bad about this. Apart from the odd annoying health problem every now and then, I think I'm suffering from extreme "realisation of the truth" (that's what I call it!), after three years for me, too. My C always used to say :"a problem shared is a problem halved". I know this is nothing to do with the pain we're going through, but talking to you and my other friends on GIC is keeping me sane, empathy from others who are going through the same grief is fundamental to give us courage to go on, helping us to feel "normal", as opposed to feeling "abnormal" when we find ourselves amongst others who haven't got a clue how we feel, or are too embarrassed to ask, or simply don't care.
    Hoping you feel up to sending us some of your great art, soon.
    Rose

13. Helena Beatriz

Balanced and tranquility

Attached Files:

cjpines, Patti 67, RLC and 2 others like this.
  14. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post pics of my first daffadils and tulips, this first day of Spring.
    Wishing all of us more peace of mind and strength for the new season.
    A giant virtual Spring hug to all my GIC friends.

Attached Files:

15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Beautiful Rose! Spring is such a beautiful time of year as we watch Mother Nature at its best. I have daffodils and crocus blooming. They make me smile. Even though today is bitter cold.

Attached Files:

16. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you Robin. Your flowers are looking beautiful too. Lovely colors.
    Wishing you warmer days.
    Hugs

MICHAEL2023, Patti 67 and RLC like this.
  17. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Beautifully done, Helena.
    Bernadine

18. Helena Beatriz

Dear GIC friends, here is one of my very first drawing that I posted on April 2022. I was inspired by a picture sent by one of the grieving warriors. Helena

IMG_20220410_144025_kindlephoto-200227983.jpg

19. Ceee

Ceee Well-Known Member

Dear GIC friends, here is one of my very first drawing that I posted on April 2022. I was inspired by a picture sent by one of the grieving warriors. Helena

That is a wonderful picture. It brings out so many feelings and memories. Somehow i find it very comforting and encouraging. Thank you for your beautiful work. HUGs

Rose69 likes this.
  20. Ceee

Ceee Well-Known Member

A sign that spring is here and with it the reminder that we can make it through the freezing cold and again find warmth. I wish peaceful days to all going through cold times and to those finding the warmth. HUGs FRONT TREES fb.jpg

Countess Joy, MICHAEL2023 and Rose69 like this.