*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Deborah, I know how heartbreaking it is watching a loving pet leave you.
    Sending you a big comfort hug.
    Rose.

Deborah A., Patti 67 and DEB321 like this.
  2. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Deborah A., Patti 67 and MICHAEL2023 like this.
  3. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for you. I lost Jacks cat a year ago. He was my savior after Jack passed from this empty house, he filled the void.

I have since adopted another kitty. I just couldn't stand the void.

You have been very lucky to of had your cat for so long. I'm sure he has been a comfort for you. So sorry, it's tough. Loss of any kind sucks. My thoughts are with you, Karen.

RLC, Deborah A., Patti 67 and 2 others like this.
  4. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Deb,

I'm so very sorry that one of your beloved furry family members is getting ready to leave earth. It SUCKS!!!, TUTTAM!!! Having to watch him lose interest in things he once enjoyed, is so over the top heartbreaking...

I hope when the moment comes for your precious fur baby to leave earth, cross over that rainbow bridge, he is pain free, at peace...

Sending you zillions of hugs, lots of love, wishing you peace, all of us peace... DEB & Skye

RLC, Patti 67, Deborah A. and 2 others like this.
  5. MICHAEL2023

MICHAEL2023 Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your kitties' health is failing. I've experienced the deep loss of pets many times too. How lucky he is to have had your care all those years. It's a bond like no other. Now that I'm going to be 60 I've been fortunate enough to have a couple kitty families for up to 18 years each. What a blessing they are. Sometimes their death feels more profound than 'my cousin vinny' sort of, you know? I have a new kitty family now. there are four of them (same litter) and they all are 2 years old now. They have been the best support outright these past 11 months without Edward. They always provide a laugh and some love.
    Bless your heart, you're in my prayers - both of you.
    ~ Michael

Patti 67, Deborah A., RLC and 2 others like this.
  6. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

Thank you Michael, so very much. ❤️

Patti 67 likes this.
  7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Deborah,

I’m so sorry to hear of your cat struggling with his health. Our pets are our family and bring so much comfort and love. My dachshund Teddy is my everything. He Keeps me moving and living. He was also a gift from Ron. Deborah, my heart goes out to you and you special and loving little family member.
    Sending you much love and hugs. ❤️ Robin

9. Deborah A.

Dear Robin,

Thank you Robin. It’s a bit reminiscent of so many other people and “beings” who have been in my life. Up and down Thank you for your kind words and loving graciousness. Life can really suck. The price of love is loss. How I wish I was always more grateful and content. I have been a fool. But I know now that all of this is temporary. Thank you for listening to me. ❤️

10. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yes life can really suck and we’re all dealing with that right now. Some people never get to experience or feel the love we’ve all felt. The price of this special love is loss. But so worth it. I’ll always listen as will all our GIC family. This family understands and is always here. ❤️ Robin

11. Deborah A.

That really helps me! I honestly don’t want my kids to know about this. I prefer that they see me grieving and moving forward, and know that I am using support groups as I navigate through all of the ups and downs of life. Let them be ignorant of the details. Am I being dishonest?? Please let me know if you disagree. I struggle sometimes with adult children who tend to be protective. Love to each of you fellow travelers. ❤️

Sweetcole, Rose69, Patti 67 and 2 others like this.
  12. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Oh Deborah I wish we could spend real time together, crying, sharing, maybe even laughing, just being, over a cup of coffee. You’re not being dishonest, as parents that’s what we do. Protect our children. I protect my children from most of how I’m really feeling. Sometimes they see me break down and that’s ok too. Our children know the love in our home and the bond we had. I think all our children know we struggle even though we try to hide it. You’re being you and that’s what you need to be. That’s how I feel anyway. Sending you love. Robin

13. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Deborah, I know exactly what you mean. I tend to behave the same way with my adult children,hiding my feelings, trying to be strong for them. I don't know if it's the correct way, but if it is the only way which helps us struggle along, then it probably IS the correct way for us all. I agree with Robin's words, we're only trying to protect our children, it's our parental instinct, we don't want them to see us sobbing and screaming all day long, which is what we we would often prefer to do.

A hug to you.
    Rose

Sweetcole and Patti 67 like this.
  14. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

My two most recent paintings for GIC to (hopefully) enjoy!
    1924Festivala.jpg 1924IfinityCentral.jpg

Sweetcole, RLC, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you George, I always appreciate your talent, great work, well done! I enjoy 'spotting' the particular shapes and figuring out what they resemble. In the first one, my eyes immediately noticed a shape which looks like the head of a type of bird, if I'm not mistaken?

Hope you're doing well, we've all been a bit quiet recently, this long Christmas/New Year period has been so difficult to get through, seems to get worse every year,glad it's all over.
    Sending a hug.
    Rose.

RLC, Patti 67 and eyepilot13 like this.
  16. eyepilot13

I'm so glad you like my art Rose! The fun of my improvisational spontaneous creations is finding images in the color, line, shadow, shape.. I have been really trying very hard to pull myself together as I approach the three year mark.. November and December kicked my butt a lot! All one can do is keep trying and appreciate the great support you get from kind people like yourself! Take care!

Deborah A., Patti 67 and Rose69 like this.
  17. eyepilot13

Latest abstract acrylic painting!
    11824KataKlysm.jpg

18. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you George once again for sharing your creativity!! Beautiful!!

Deborah A., eyepilot13 and Rose69 like this.
  19. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Of coarse we enjoy! How could we not. We have an artist among us that brings us a smile!! Thank you.

Deborah A., eyepilot13 and Rose69 like this.
  20. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Rose, I see the bird head too. And a raccoon head! I agree and I’m guilty too. It’s been extra quiet on here. Rough time of year for all of us. We’ll make it through though. We always do somehow.
    Robin

eyepilot13 and Rose69 like this.