*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

eyepilot13 likes this.
  2. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

So true Bernadine , those words say it all, and the diagram is a perfect mirror of my life now.

Take care.
    Rose

Countess Joy and eyepilot13 like this.
  3. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I just want to get through the day ! I H8the Holy Daze

Countess Joy and Rose69 like this.
  4. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thinking about my GIC friends today, Thanksgiving Day. We don't have this festivity here but I know how important it is for all of you, and how difficult it is now, without the love of your life by your side.

A virtual comfort hug to everyone.

Rose.

Sweetcole, Patti 67, RLC and 4 others like this.
  5. eyepilot13

I miss the way Valerie would fuss over a special meal for her two Georges.. Me and my son!

Patti 67, cjpines, RLC and 3 others like this.
  6. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

I understand George, there are still so many special dishes my C loved, that I just can't cook anymore, too heartbreaking.

Patti 67, cjpines, RLC and 1 other person like this.
  7. eyepilot13

And her baked goods!!!!! OMG the best!

RLC and Rose69 like this.
  8. Ceee

Ceee Well-Known Member

I need to come here more often to see your work. Your color combinations fascinate me, and your shaping. I bring one up full size and i can get lost in thoughts that the images bring to mind. Thank you for sharing.

9. eyepilot13

I try to upload art here... otherwise I don't know.. just not too into GIC lately..
    You can see more art at https://www.deviantart.com/eyepilot13

Rose69 likes this.
  10. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I agree Rose I barely cook at and people don't get it. I do enough to get by with my kids but I can't bring myself to do something that inlived to do for my Gant. We'd discuss what we wanted and he's say sometimes cook what you want bay. Then there was days he'd call me and ask where me and the kids were when I'd picked them up and gone to the park. He'd say come home so yall can eat while the food is hot. He say I cooked cause I no you were tired. My cousin asked me to do sweet potato pies for thanksgiving but I told her I couldn't do it. So I get it when you say it's heartbreaking to cook some foods. Praying for our strength.

Ceee, eyepilot13 and Rose69 like this.
  11. eyepilot13

I realize I'll never eat her great food again!

12. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

And I'll never eat Jacks fine cooking ever again. He was the cook. Loved new recipes. I'll miss his homemade breads and gourmet recipes. I have a folder of his favorite recipes and I just can't look at them.

13. eyepilot13

I remember the last Christmas Cookie three years ago noW

14. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I remember his rye bread, the best. Took him all day.

15. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

George and Karen, I'm getting teary-eyed here, I relate to you both so much, I "get" it. Hugging you both!
    I miss my C's perfect, delicious pizzas. Apart from the fact that it's too heartbreaking for me to make them, I'm no good at it either. I can cook almost anything but when it comes to leavened doughs I'm useless. I can't believe I'll never eat his pizzas again. :( I'll never hear him complimenting me for my cooking, my cakes, with that huge, beautiful smile on his face. Gotta stop now, or the flood gates... It's raining this morning, too! :(
    Rose.

16. eyepilot13

11723TheEnclave.jpg

17. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Beautiful George, thank you for brightening up my day!

Rose

Deborah A. and eyepilot13 like this.
  18. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

I totally understand. I miss all of those kitchen moments and just the humdrum meals and moments that were so much a part of a lifetime.

Ceee, Countess Joy, Sweetcole and 3 others like this.
  19. eyepilot13

12823ABlismianSunColor.jpg Feelin Artishy 12823KreratininnDemiElf.jpg

Ceee, Helena Beatriz and Rose69 like this.
  20. Ceee

Ceee Well-Known Member

J was also the pizza maker in our house and was well known for his stombolies. He was also our grillmaster. I miss all of that and it took a long time before i stopped putting things in the grocery cart because i knew he liked them. Now i order on line and it is easier to keep the purchases to just what i need.
    HUGS to all of you and your memories of the foods you shared together,