*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Hey the DEB! Believe me it is not easy to be creative, I'm glad you dig my art posts. All one can do is keep trying and not give up! I'm a very determined person when I want to be. It is so important to try to create a home... it is not easy. I'm still struggling with that at my mew Aparatamant! I'm gonna try and do more art! hat's what is great about abstract... you are not told what it is a n image of. You interact with the art and make it your own through your own art-brain conversation! Take care and much LOVE!

DEB321 likes this.
  2. eyepilot13

Good luck with the stove projeckt! That is one thing I do not miss about owning a house anymore. Legos are fun and creative... I wish you could post pics of your Lego art! Sounds cool and way interesting!

RLC likes this.
  3. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

George, so glad you managed to be creative even in your dispair, I like your composition and colours!
    Again I'm late sharing Wednesday Art therapy, probably tomorrow?? A big cyber hug dear GIC Friend
    Helena

eyepilot13 likes this.
  4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’ll post the flowers I have made. I have 5 or 6 in a glass vase. I’ll try to post it later. I recently bought a Donald Duck set, Ron’s favorite Disney character. Looking forward to building that. Thanks on the stove and totally get what you’re saying. Maintaining a house can be a lot. I’m feeling it.

eyepilot13 likes this.
  5. eyepilot13

Just keep on trying and fighting Mister Grief... it's the only option

Sweetcole and RLC like this.
  6. eyepilot13

Wednesday art could really be any day art therapy at this point! A big CyberHug back from me!

7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yup. It’s our only option. And whatever it takes to help keep our mind active that’s what we need to do. Here’s the Lego flowers I have so far.

Attached Files:

Sweetcole, cjpines, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  8. eyepilot13

Wow those are pretty cool! or pretty and cool!

Rose69, DEB321 and RLC like this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thanks George! Glad you like them. I’m enjoying making them. Something different yet creative.

Rose69, eyepilot13 and DEB321 like this.
  10. eyepilot13

It is so cool and life-affirming to create!

Rose69 likes this.
  11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

YES, exactly! Creativity has always been a part of my life. Need to keep it in one way or another.

I didn’t realize it turned my pic sideways. Does that often.

I’m hoping maybe someday I’ll be up to seeing again and cooking and baking like I used to. Speaking of baking, I finally ordered a new oven!!!

Rose69, Countess Joy and eyepilot13 like this.
  12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I love the Lego flowers... Thank you for sharing, for the smiles...

I'm finally able to listen to (some) music without the flood gates opening. This gives me hope that in time, the creative part of me will return too...

It's so good to hear you ordered a new oven!!! I hope this is a sign of much better days ahead...

As always, sending you, Teddy and Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, all the way from SC... DEB & Skye

Rose69, eyepilot13 and Helena Beatriz like this.
  13. eyepilot13

I had to tilt my computer monitor sideways to see it! lOl

RLC likes this.
  14. eyepilot13

It takes time and that can be very hard to deal with! Love !

15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Oh geez! Sorry. Why does that happen I wonder. If I look at on my phone I can just lay my phone down and spin it. Just doing my best to keep everyone on their toes. Lol!

Countess Joy likes this.
  16. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hello to everyone, I'm back on the site after my "adventure" with COVID. Yes, I got it, still don't understand how! Last weekend I came down with a fever, feeling terrible, extreme tiredness, wanting to be sick (but my stomach was empty, no appetite!) so weak I couldn't even talk, couldn't move a finger. All I could do was just stay lying down. It was Sunday evening, I decided to go downstairs to the kitchen to take another paracetamol. When I got up from my bed, I felt this excessive dizziness that I'd never felt before, nauseous, then as I put my foot on the first step, my legs just gave way and I went tumbling down, knocking my head on the wall. My daughter saw me, screamed and came up to me, trying to get me to say something. I was conscious but I was in a complete daze, no strength to speak, she said I was as white as a sheet, she accompanied me to the sofa, tried to spoonfeed me with some broth but I didn't even have the strength to open my mouth. I suddenly started sweating, turned cold, my daughter later said how my body temperature had suddenly dropped drastically, she said my forehead was unusually cold, talk about COLD SWEAT!! To cut a long story short, my kids eventually decided to take me to Emergency, where I fell down again, outside, right in front of the hospital! The nurses had to take me in on a stretcher in the end!
    Anyway, of course, protocol demands an immediate Covid test but I was sure I didn't have it. After dozens of other tests, minutes later, a group of nurses came charging towards me, saying I was POSITIVE and wheeled me urgently away to the Emergency Covid area. Spent the night there, unable to sleep, of course, attached to a drip! I remember asking two different night nurses if they could accompany me to the bathroom because I still couldn't stand up without falling down, they refused!!!!
    I'll stop now, don't want to bring you all down too much, I'm ok now, NEGATIVE Covid test yesterday evening, yipeeeee! The weakness and lack of strength are still present but I know that's normal.
    During those first hours, I kept calling out to my C (in my mind), asking him what I should do, he would have known, I know I wouldn't have felt half as bad as I did, if he had been here. Miss him so, so, so, much - more and more each day.

Robin, so sorry about your horrifying experience with that sudden fire, glad to hear everything went for the best and you'll soon be getting a new oven.

Sending you all a hug.
    Rose

Countess Joy and eyepilot13 like this.
  17. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Omg Rose!!! I was wondering if you were ok cause I hadn’t seen you on here in quite a while. Reading your whole story is so scary and upsetting. It actually brought tears hearing all you went through. I know the need to have your C by your side to help you get through this nightmare. It sounds like it hit you hard and fast. I can’t even imagine. So glad your children were there and got you the help you needed. I pray your kids don’t or haven’t gotten gotten sick. I’m so happy to hear you tested negative yesterday and hopefully you’ll be building your strength back up as time goes. What a nightmare. I was feeling concern for you. I’m glad you shared.

Thank you Rose, I did have a different nightmare. I can’t wait for my new oven and even though I remember clearly picking out my current oven with Ron and how happy we were because we had just remodeled our kitchen. I need this one gone and focus on the new one.

Sending you much love and hugs. Continue to heal and feel better. ❤️ Robin

DEB321, Countess Joy and Rose69 like this.
  18. eyepilot13

Man that really sucks so much... I'm glad you are better!

DEB321 and Rose69 like this.
  19. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

20. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Rose, so glad you are better. Your kids took good care of you getting you to ER. Take it easy, k

RLC, DEB321, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.