*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Georgine

Georgine Well-Known Member

Rose,

I am so sorry to learn about the horses and animals in northern Italy. I am an ardent animal activist - supporter of horses, animals in factory farms (can no longer eat pork and getting close to the same situation with chicken), marine life (can no longer eat lobsters swimming in tanks) and, of course, the thousands of innocent animals horrifically slaughtered in Asia. I despise poaching, abuse of any kind and trophy hunters and have supported Daphne Sheldrick's Sanctuary in Kenya for many years. If I have missed any species, rest assured that I will support them. My husband and I visited Monemvasia in Greece 3 times, and the first time, we bonded with a puppy who had been abandoned on the road outside the hotel. The owner rescued him but, unfortunately, kept him (Bruno) on a chain 24/7. Each time we visited, Bruno would go crazy. We never went on a Greek cruise but only stayed in Monemvasia and toured by car. Nut case that I am, I would buy toys for Bruno in Santa Monica, California before leaving for Greece, and when the Swiss baggage handlers would see the dog toys in my carryons, they would go crazy. I had to explain that they were only dog toys. The last visit which we had in Greece was in 2015, and when we left, we begged the owner to allow us to adopt Bruno and bring him to the States, where he would never be on a chain outside 24 hours a day. We were respectful and never criticized their neglect of Bruno, but only emphasized how we had 3 dogs and a large yard. They would not release him. They said they were too emotionally attached to him. We believed them. But it broke our hearts. I think about Bruno sometimes when I look at my own dogs and wonder how he is.

I pray for the animals in Italy that they all recover and are returned to their loving owners.

On a positive note, I was delighted to read that you were outside like Indiana Jones. Know that we are kindred spirits: I am out there weeding, pruning, mowing and sowing clover non-stop. I sow clover. The Canadian Geese and their goslings eat it. Rinse and repeat!

Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  2. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

That's funny, but not really. I think I'm buying out Home Depots weed killer solution.
    Went to pull the long hose which was tangled up in tall weeds; just when I got it in place I was attacked by killer biting ants. At first I didn't see them until something was crawling on my neck. Fortunately I had boots and jeans on. I screamed, ran to the house, striped off my clothes. Now what, I need to water.
    Rose, Oh, the joys of country living. Shall I move? Hum, where? Never put me in an apartment.
    Social what's that? Fun what's that? I'm tied to this place. I think I'll stop complaining, but maybe not. Keep truckin Rose and everyone who has property to deal with. K

3. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Georgine , I'm coming around to
    your dietary ideas, but bc of
    recent health issues. Also,you
    are so compassionate to adopt
    a dog.. Lou

Rose69 likes this.
  4. Van Gogh

P.S.Should've said, try to adopt a
    dog.
    Ms. Hum, whenever I hear about
    the problems with home ownership, from you, Robin,
    DEB, Bernadine, and others ,
    I feel fortunate I have an
    apartment . The landscaping,and restaurants will be open, and my
    favorite season is also almost
    over. Lou

cjpines and Rose69 like this.
  5. Georgine

Thanks, Lou.

Van Gogh likes this.
  6. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

What a moving story about that little dog, Georgine, I'm sorry you weren't able to adopt him.
    Rose

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  7. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Ugh!! I got a shiver down my spine reading about those ants, Karen, I hope you didn't get any nasty bites!
    I agree with you, no matter how much work and mind-boggling problems this place gives me, I wouldn't move even if I was towed away! I finally had a few hours of sunshine yesterday, and I sat outside with my shirt sleeves rolled up, my face towards the sun, as if I was a prisoner who had just come out of isolation!
    Country road, take me home....
    "Buon lavoro" as we say here, (All the best in your work), to all country-dwellers.
    Rose.

cjpines, DEB321, Georgine and 2 others like this.
  8. Van Gogh

Must be tired. Was trying to say
    that bc I live in an apartment,
    the landscaping is being taken care of by the landlord, not me.
    My favorite season, like that of
    Robin's, is summer, which
    unofficially begins on Memorial
    Day. It's been 60 degrees, sunny,
    and the temps will rise to 70
    degrees. I wish I could send my
    weather to you,Rose. My heart goes out to you. Lou Travolta

cjpines, DEB321, Georgine and 3 others like this.
  9. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

10. Van Gogh

Rose, I seem to have some
    difficulty getting the Spotify app.
    Linda was so much more
    savvy than I am, in regard to
    computers, and I miss her help,
    like you, Robin, DEB, and Karen
    miss your handy husbands. But,
    I did get your Travolta & other
    disco era music videos, for
    which I'm grateful. I'm content
    not to bother with a TV. I'm not
    a big sports fan, and I have no
    patience for watching a whole
    movie, so I like clips on my
    Android Smart Phone. This
    summer, I may see old movies
    in our small town theater. The
    audience is older, quiet, and
    respectful, so it's a pleasure, and
    takes me back to the magic of
    seeing a movie in an old
    theater, not in a multiplex
    box, in my boyhood. Lou T.

11. Georgine

Thank you, Rose.

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  12. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Sorry Lou, the song I wanted to refer to was "Raindrops keep falling on my head". A song I've dedicated to myself!

Van Gogh likes this.
  13. Van Gogh

That song brings back
    memories of a scene in the
    movie, Butch Cassidy and the
    Sundance Kid, in which Paul
    Newman is riding a bicycle
    with Katherine Ross. It's a
    lighthearted Burt Bacharach
    tune, not exactly fitting what
    you're going through. One of
    Chopin's sad preludes, which he
    wrote during a steady rain,
    seems more apropos...Lou

Georgine and Rose69 like this.
  14. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

I have to apologize, unfortunately, because even here I worry that I am not doing things the right way. I’m just feeling so terribly alone. And I don’t know exactly how to move forward. I have dedicated my life to helping others. I’m just so fortunate that I have been able to do exactly that. But sometimes, I feel like I have met the end of what I can do. Is it okay for me to say enough is enough? Can I say I have done all that I can?? I just don’t know what more I can do for these students who have given up. I’m feeling like the greatest failure in the history of the world. That’s me!! Pile on!!

cjpines, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  15. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Great film, thank you Lou for your suggestion. Do you mean Chopin's "Raindrop Prelude"?

Van Gogh likes this.
  16. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Deborah, I admire you for this challenging, difficult job you have. You are definitely not a failure, this isn't the type of job any teacher can do (mine was easy compared to yours). If you are doing it, that means you are a professional. It's just that Mr Grief makes us see our daily difficulties EVEN MORE difficult, we have less patience, less concentration, less tolerance towards others. Of course you can say enough is enough, we are human, we have to scream out in desperation every now and then, but we won't give up, these feelings will make us even more determined to fight out way through this "bomb aftermath" we're going through, perhaps stumbling and crying on every step we make, but quickly picking ourselves up again.
    Sending you lots of encouragement.
    Rose.

cjpines, DEB321, Georgine and 2 others like this.
  17. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Lou, I forgot to say how impressed and happy I am for you and Linda that you got to meet Bobby Hebb, the songwriter of that great classic soul/jazz song. I remember seeing Boney M's disco version on TV.
    I read about why he wrote this song, very heartbreaking story.
    Rose

Van Gogh likes this.
  18. Van Gogh

Rose, just woke up briefly. Thank you for both of your replies. I
    think you're right about that
    prelude. Even though I quit
    piano lessons at 15, I've loved
    hearing Chopin and Beethoven
    piano since. My mother had a
    piano in our home, and an
    elderly teacher came to the
    house. One day, I played a short,
    soulful Chopin prelude, with just
    the right touch ( ironically, bc I
    was depressed ) , and the teacher was impressed. As for
    Hebb, he was a quiet , modest
    man. I'll have to read the
    meaning of that classic song,
    when I wake up. Back to
    dreamland..... Lou

eyepilot13, Georgine and Rose69 like this.
  19. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

I’m sorry about that last message. Thank you Rose—it’s been a few crazy days. My mother is in the hospital since Wednesday. She had a right thalamic stroke. Today is the last day of school, and I have to go to school. Mom’s not really strong enough to do anything but sleep. I know life is fleeting, and I’m just feeling sorry for myself, but I need a clone just for today to get these students through the day. Thank you for listening. As Steve’s grandmother used to say, it’s a grand life if you don’t weaken. Love and comfort to all.

20. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

Praying for your mom. Also praying for your strength to get through each day.

cjpines, DEB321, Rose69 and 2 others like this.