*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Rose, I have to say I'm a little down on Mother Nature these days.

Deborah A., Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lobster Lou T,

Like you, I have a good feeling about George's soon to be move. Now, I can't get the "The Jefferson's" theme song to stop playing over and over and over again, in my head, lol!!! Backing up a bit, it's a good thing I liked "The Jefferson's," lol... Now I'm hearing Edith Bunker singing "All In The Family's" theme song. And, I thought my singing could shatter glass, lol...

Thanks for the step back in time on this miserable, over the top, humid day in TUTTAMVILLE. Mother Nature is being such a pita!!! She can't seem to make up her mind. In the last 15 minutes we've had rain, thunder, and now a brief appearance from the sun. It's way past humid!!!, TUTTAM!!!

I hope Mother Nature is being much kinder to your corner of the world...

Keep on dancing...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debster and Skye Queen

3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

I'm so happy for you!!!, TUTTAM!!! Like Lobster Lou T, I have a really good feeling about your soon to be move. Although the packing and all the BS that goes along with moving is totally exhausting, it'll be over before you know it. Can't wait for an update once you're settled into your new home.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some more of your over the top creative art... Art Wednesdays always brighten my day!!!, TUTTAM!!!

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, all the way from TUTTAMVILLE... Debanator and Skye Queen

4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Ms. Hum, hearing about the
    extremes of weather in the U.S.
    from extreme heat to extreme
    cold, makes me appreciate my
    corner of the world. I know I
    whined about being confined
    during the cold temps of winter,
    but
    I've learned to deal with it by
    taking a bus to a nearby city,
    for variety. Lou T.

cjpines, Deborah A. and Rose69 like this.
  5. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Louster,

Every time you describe your corner of the "world," I can see it vividly in my mind... I know you already know that I think you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth!!!, but I can't help repeating myself, TUTTAM!!! I love everything about your corner of the world... the ocean, boats, salty air, New England architecture, mom and pop owned shops, restaurants, art galleries, etc, etc, etc... and of course, all that way beyond delicious, freshly caught seafood... There's lots of good seafood where I live too, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, I miss New England clam chowder, (it's just not the same around here!!!, TUTTAM!!!), right off the boat, super fresh cod and haddock... Backing up a bit, I agree with you, although I sound like a parrot, New England lighthouses are "timeless and magical." I'm missing "home" today. Can you tell???, lol...

Just had a flashback all the way to the 6th grade. We went to Boston for our end of the year field trip. We walked the Freedom Trail, and stopped at a few of the historic sites along the way. I can picture the black and white photos I took of Paul Revere's House with two of my friends standing in front of it. Yikes!!!, I know I'm getting old when I can remember perfectly what happened so many years ago, but not what I did a day ago, lol!!! However, I'm still going to blame this on my way too foggy widow brain!!!, lol!!!

Thanks for so many wonderful memories... No matter how many tropical vacations Bob and I enjoyed, New England will always hold a very special place in my heart... It will always be "home," to me.

Sending you hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debster and Skye Queen

6. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

This is so scary... Praying for all those affected... Praying you and your family remain safe... Please keep us updated.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB & Skye

7. Van Gogh

Debster, like Georgine, your
    memories jog mine. It's touching that you walked the Freedom
    Trail & saw the Paul Revere
    House.I did, too! My other
    appreciation of history began
    in Plymouth, where I was born
    & spent my boyhood near the
    famous Rock. I learned about
    the Pilgrims and Native Americans. I was blessed to
    know my maternal grandparents, and can picture
    their kind faces, as if it were
    yesterday. I wish Linda had
    known them, bc her grandparents had died before
    she was born. My early years
    were spent on the beaches of
    Cape Cod, but when Linda & I
    went back for a visit, it was too
    crowded, and I like Cape Ann
    better. As you know, Linda & I
    were able to travel around the U.S., but didn't hit 48 states like
    Georgine & Pierre did. I'm
    content for this to my
    "forever home", God willing. Lou

8. Georgine

Georgine Well-Known Member

Hi Lou,

Daphne is part of my email address. Thanks for letting me know.

Georgine (aka Daphne)

Deborah A., Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  9. Georgine

Georgine Well-Known Member

Hi Lou and DEB,

I am joining you with the flashback memories of beautiful New England. My father was from Ridgefield, CT, and though I never lived there, I always loved visiting that area. When Pierre and I were in Massachusetts in August 2018, we visited Lenox, Stockbridge and then Hinsdale, where I was a dance counselor at a girls camp for 2 summers in a row while I was in college. I loved it, there. The camp had a huge barn, where I taught the girls, and we put on shows fort the parents, such as Mary Poppins, The Music Man and Kiss Me Kate. The weather was wonderful. Now, my memory is really going back to that place and time. Oh, how beautiful it was!! The weather was so crisp in the morning and then would get warmer throughout the day. The evenings were cool, but we had so much fun being outside in nature (except when I taught ballet in the barn!!) The area where Lou lives is so gorgeous that reading about it made me wish that Pierre and I had visited it in August, 2018.

Thanks, Lou, for your memories and DEB for yours. DEB, is it raining where you live? We both live in South Carolina. My 3 dogs are not getting the exercise they usually get - I live 20 minutes from the beach (NMB) and was wondering when I was walking them how you and Skye are coping with all the rain if you live in this area. I looked at the forecast: rain for the next 10 days. I am fine with it except that the dogs cannot romp outside as they usually do.

Georgine

10. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thanks Debanator. I am a total wreck! I thought I'd have until late July. Instead itz FOUR DAZE! I am absolutely freaking out. Today for the first time ever set up utilities in my name Only! Thisis so freaking weird. I'm a wreck I only ate trail mix for lunch-Dinner!
    Thank you and Skye for the love and encouragement! I need it!

Countess Joy, DEB321, cjpines and 3 others like this.
  11. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Maybe it’s just me, but I think trying to follow these conventions and then responding to people on my phone is just about impossible for me. I click on one to respond to, and it doesn’t seem to work like I expect. After this, I’m switching to the laptop. Sounds like wild weather everywhere! I think it’s hard for anyone when it’s raining for days and days and days. Isn’t there a Ray Bradbury story about a place where the rain never stops? Hugs and comforts to each and to all of you, and I apologize if I didn’t respond earlier to posts. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ The last time we traveled to Boston, we caught a game at Fenway, and David Ortiz was still playing. I wish we’d sprung for seats on top of the Green Monster! The Red Sox won with mostly home runs over the big wall. Great memories! We had some awesome oysters at Legal Seafood, which might not really even be a good place to go. We went whale watching ~ one of my favorite (TUTTAM!, can I say that?) things to do with my family. Then we headed to Bar Harbor for a few days and then up to Montpelier before heading back to Boston. I love Boston, but I am a Twins fan myself.

DEB321, cjpines, RLC and 4 others like this.
  12. Van Gogh

Great text, Deborah! Glad you
    switched to laptop. I believe
    Karen & others use that. I just
    use my Android Smart Phone,
    and that's fine, but I don't send
    photos & videos to GIC. The
    only sport I followed, when I was younger, was baseball. I went to Fenway Park as a young
    boy, and sat in the bleechers,
    in my 20s. Loved being outside,
    with hot dogs & beer. It was great being in the sunshine. I
    knew all the Red Sox players
    then, and watched the games on
    TV. Overtime, when they started
    losing, I lost interest. I don't have
    a TV now, or drink, but if I'm at a
    bar, having dinner, I enjoy
    watching the Sox, especially if at
    Fenway, on the big screen, bc of
    the timeless nature of the game,
    even if Iknow the names of only a
    couple players. As for Legal
    Seafood, that's a good chain,and
    I have fond memories of going
    to some of their restaurants in
    Boston & Cambridge. Linda & I
    spent many weekend getaways
    in New England, visited different
    lighthouses on the coast of Maine. I remember staying
    overnight in Montpelier. As
    Robin and DEB would say, these
    memories will always be happy,
    mixed with sad, and bittersweet. It's been 4 & a half years since
    Linda's death, and I still can't
    believe she's gone, physically,
    from me. In spite of my dancing
    with female friends on weekend
    nights, I have occasional
    mourner's fatigue in the daytime
    and have to take a nap. When
    I was about to take one
    yesterday, I had a flashback to
    Linda's face, and wept, saying
    that even though I'm having a
    good time with my dance
    partners I miss her, and love her
    very much. I said that when God
    says it's time for me to go, my
    spirit will be reunited with hers.
    I believe this, bc I have a friend
    who had a near death experience , and saw an
    afterlife. But, each day is precious, and I say a short
    prayer of gratitude to God every
    morning , when I look out to
    sea, that I'm still alive, and in this beautiful place. Lou

DEB321, cjpines, Deborah A. and 5 others like this.
  13. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

IMG_20230519_170045.jpg Hi all, thank you for your best wishes and prayers. We've had two days without rain, but very cloudy and cold, those north winds just won't leave us alone. It seems like winter is approaching instead of summer. However, more heavy rain is on the way from tomorrow, particularly in the South this time, where we live, and will continue for the rest of the week, let's keep our fingers crossed.

A picture of my plants struggling to survive, I'm particularly fond of my little "flower corner" at the front of our house, like my C used to call it. I'm trying my best to keep it alive, for him. As you can see, there are some acquatic flowers (the white ones) which I think are called water arums in English. In fact, they should do well now, with all this abnormal rain! ;):(:)

DEB321, Sweetcole, cjpines and 5 others like this.
  14. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Rose thank you for sharing. Your flower corner is beautiful. Rose I thought the white flowers were calla Lillie’s, I looked both up. They’re in the same family. They look so pretty! Sorry about all your rain. Gets tiring, for sure. I’ve had a nice spell of no rain but it’s been going down to freezing temps last couple nights. I’ll share irises I have blooming in the memorial garden. They’re blooming all at once. And my French lilacs.
    I use my iPhone most the time on here or my iPad. Mostly my phone cause it’s with me all the time. I’m sure a laptop or PC would be easier to navigate.
    Robin

Attached Files:

DEB321, Sweetcole, Deborah A. and 4 others like this.
  15. Deborah A.

Dear Lou,
    You may think it's funny, but I felt sad about the lobster I was served in Bar Harbor. I could see his face, and that made me wonder if those final moments in the lobster trap were terrifying and stressful. Okay, I am weird.
    And I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the guys at Fenway calling "Beeah" and "Watah" if you get my meaning.

I'm glad you are all seizing the moment, with art, dancing, living life and honoring your soulmates as best you can. I do know Steve would be so much better at this grieving thing than I am. I'm just not as good without him, and I never will be. But I will do my best being half of what I was when he was here. Love and comfort and gratitude to each and every single one of you out there on this lonely Friday evening! You are all my heroes!

DEB321, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  16. Deborah A.

1. Deb, I am sorry that I can't remember where you live! I remember my kids being totally rapt walking the freedom trail--Have you tried west coast chowder? Enjoy your time with Skye!

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  17. Deborah A.

Love it!

Van Gogh likes this.
  18. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

DEB321, Deborah A. and Rose69 like this.
  19. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Oh Robin, what a beautiful interpretation of this marvelous song. A great talented group of youngsters, well done to them! :)Thank you so much, I admit I cried but this is a positive thing. I often need to listen to a song to let the tears come out, we need to release our pain through tears, it won't take the pain away, but will help it become more bearable.
    Whether we have faith or not, whether we are atheists or religious, whether we believe or not, we can't help but love this emotional song.
    Hugs to you, from rainy Italy.
    Rose

20. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’m so glad it touched you too. Made me cry. Very emotional. But like you said it’s a good thing. Releasing the pain. Sorry about all your rain. I’m having lots of rain today. But nothing close to what you’re having. Stay safe. ❤️ Robin