*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Spectacular! We sometimes get to see falcons flying over our countryside, I think they are smaller than hawks, I'm no expert!
    I remember once, while my C and I, with our kids, were driving down one of our country lanes, he suddenly noticed a man standing with a falcon on his shoulder, looking up at other falcons flying above him. Wildlife has always fascinated my husband and so he stopped the car, we all got out and for a few minutes we just stood there admiring those beautiful creatures flying above us, while my C conversed with the falconer.

That's impressive Deborah. You seem to have a good knowledge of these wonderful birds of prey.

Rose.

2. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

I’m curious about where the photo was taken—I’m a geek who has a life list of birds that I’ve seen in the wild.

3. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

In west suburban Chicago area.

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Deborah, a dove started cooing loudly outside my bedroom window the morning Cheryl transitioned. I took this photo the day of Cheryl’s memorial. The dove stayed near our home for almost 3 months. It was a messager letting me know Cheryl was alright. Gary

Attached Files:

RLC, Countess Joy, eyepilot13 and 2 others like this.
  5. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Gary that's her. I had the same thing happen. About 3-4 days after Jack passed a bird sat on our tree out front always on the same branch, same spot same time 10am, for weeks. It was the only bird on that tree. Then one day it disappeared. I would always get my coffee ready to sit at 10AM to talk to Jack bird. I know it was him. Then it was time for his spirit to move on.

RLC, Countess Joy, Sweetcole and 3 others like this.
  6. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Karen, in my local cafe with a buddy,
    listening to a trio of musicians. I thought I
    would check in with my friends on GIC.
    Big mistake. Almost cried in public, when
    I read your talk with Gary about signs
    from your soulmates.... Trying not to be
    sad Godfather.

Rose69 and Gary166 like this.
  7. Deborah A.

I do believe that is a sign! What wonder comfort, even though you still desperately miss her. She’s still there, waiting for you and wanting you to be happy. For me, it’s been squirrels, looking in my windows and doors. Steve always loved them.

RLC, Countess Joy, Rose69 and 3 others like this.
  8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I love reading about Gary’s, Roses and Deborah A signs. Shortly after Ron passed I had a cardinal keep landing on my deck and looking in the patio door. It still visits. And this past summer I had a rabbit that followed me around. It looked for me and came very close. I talk to them and thank Ron for visiting. Nature is wonderful already and now our spouses are visiting us through some of natures beautiful creatures.
    Robin

Countess Joy, cjpines, Rose69 and 4 others like this.
  9. Deborah A.

You are seeing love in all that is! That’s what we all need to do!

10. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Karen, I hope you aren’t getting all the rain and storms in California. Please let us know you are okay when you can. Thanks. Gary

11. cjpines

Thanks Gary, I was just about to post. Yes, I'm getting all the storms. Because I'm on a hill I've had no flooding, but the town and other areas for shopping have.
    My scare is, I have a very large pine tree in front and with the severe winds a branch fell on the power line causing outage for 24 hrs. PGE came out and cut many of the branches close to the lines. But, they said the tree has to come down. Ugh! $$$$. I will try to get the county to chip the branches and then pay to have the tree taken down. They said it's sick and could land on my house. That was Friday and because of the rains and wind I'll have to wait and watch this tree until I can get someone over here.
    I'm okay compared to many who have lost their homes due to trees falling, flooding, etc. People who have lived here for 30-40 years said they have never seen such a storm ever.
    With the blasted fires and now stormes I wonder what Mother nature is thinking. All I can say is, "Hello 2023". Hope everything is good on your end. Ms. Hum. I guess I'll have to hum my way out of this one. Thanks for asking. By-the-way, what is your nickname? Garster?

Rose69, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  12. cjpines

Gary, to continue: I'm between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe north California. In the Sierra foothills. I don't know if you have been or know any areas. In spite of the fires and drought I really love it here. Ho Hum! I need Jack.
    Want to hear something, I have his ashes in my office with my sons and Jack's cat. People ask doesn't it bother you to have their ashes in your room? I said no.
    It doesn't bother me because it's just ashes not the soul and spirit that has left the body. Ok with that I'll shut up.

13. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Thanks for letting us know you are alright Karen. I hope you have plenty of supplies and don’t have to travel for a while. I had 11 red pines(30 feet tall) that their branches had to be cut back by the power company because of interference with the power lines. Eventually the trees began dying. The power company cut them down and piled the branches away from the road for free. It was my responsibility to remove them. That saved me $200 a tree. I thought it was a good deal until I drug everything into the back yard to burn. I had Cheryl with me then who wasn’t afraid of helping. It sucks going through hardships like what you are going through without Jack. You can call me Garbear Mrs Hum. Gary

eyepilot13, Sweetcole, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  14. Van Gogh

Ms. Hum, I was worried about you, too,
    and I'm glad you replied to Gary. George
    calls him Bro Gar, as do I ,The Godfather of
    Lobsterville. But, "Garster", which makes
    me smile, bc it's like Debster, is also good.
    Gary's suggestion of "Garbear" fits Gary
    bc he's an outdoorsman. My prayer, as
    always, Ms. Hum, is that you could move
    out of Ca, like many have. The Godfather

15. Van Gogh

P.S. Ms. Hum, just read your latest post,
    and it looks like your area is your forever
    home, where the good outweighs the bad.
    I feel that way about where I live by the
    ocean. There's just one season I don't
    like, the cold, dark early winter. If we're
    lucky, we won't get much snow. Our last
    bad winter was 2016. I prefer to call
    Linda's ashes, her memorial. It has a
    small shrine around it , of things we
    bought together, and which she held in
    her hands. It is on the top of my bureau.
    As you know, her cane which she used,
    is precious to me, and I tell some
    people about Linda & her cane. Louster

Rose69, Countess Joy and Gary166 like this.
  16. cjpines

I love that story about Linda's cane. I have Jack's special hat on top of his walnut urn and a whisky shot glass next to it. Got to keep him happy.

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  17. Van Gogh

My good friend, Ms.Hum, I'm about to go
    to bed before 10pm, my time, and wanted
    to check in with GIC one more time before
    I go to sleep. Thank you for your kind
    words about Linda's cane. I love your
    story of Jack's hat & shot glass next to
    his memorial. He was a hero, a brave
    veteran. Legend has it that Frank
    Sinatra was buried with a bottle of his
    favorite drink, Jack Daniels. The Godfather

18. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Karen, we saw last night on the news about the devastation these floods have been causing. Glad to hear you havent been affected too much, I understand that pine-tree will have to come down soon, over these years we've had to go through these situations so many times that I've lost count. We get very strong southwestern winds here, especially Autumn and Spring, and my C has had to cut down pine trees, cedar tree, because they were endangering our house. We've had outdoor chairs and tables flying up in the air and breaking to pieces. I like Lou's expression: "the good outweighs the bad". I wouldn't change this place for the world, we are also on a hill, so not too much danger of flooding, the only negative factor is these extreme climatic conditions, especially when we get snow, which I absolutely loathe.
    The cold North wind is finally blowing now, I say finally because I am so tired of these infinite foggy days we've been having for over two months. The humidity has been unbearable, I think dry, cold conditions are much better to tolerate than mild, humid air,which is not really mild anyway because the humidity makes it feel ten times colder!

Rose.

Countess Joy and Gary166 like this.
  19. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Some Wednesday art pastels to share with you!
    1823ImBluschment.jpg 1923OutOfRainbows.jpg 1823IndiFlow.jpg 11023Akultunace.jpg

Rose69 and Gary166 like this.
  20. cjpines

Rose, thank you for commenting. Your climate doesn't sound very appealing to say the least, but it's your home and memories of C are there. As you know it's a mental explosion to find yourself living alone without our love one. ( Oh my god how can I do this alone). To grieve and know they are no longer here to help us is almost unbearable, and on top of that the void that they will never come back is shocking. After two years I still cry and miss Jack so much. But, we go on and survive somehow. We ask for guidance from our creator and our love one every day. Somehow it seems to get me through.
    It's been 17 days of rain with maybe 2 dry days. So many trees coming down. The homeless are suffering in tents. The county is opening up safe places for them and donations of food. Tomorrow is a dry day, then comes the weekend of more rain into the week.

Rose, stay warm, K