*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Janiceanne

Janiceanne Guest

Robin,
    I just want to keep her happy and feeling safe. It was a rough night but better now.

Gary166, Rose69, RLC and 1 other person like this.
  2. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Good suggestion Lou.

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. Janiceanne

Janiceanne Guest

Robin, I am so sorry that the cane is lost. Perhaps it will be returned. It would be like loosing something special that belonged to Tom. My heart goes out to you.
    Janiceanne

4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ms. Mum. I was thinking of you &
    others who brought a new "fur baby", as
    Deb calls a pet, into your life and home.
    Vito Lou

Rose69 likes this.
  5. Janiceanne

Janiceanne Guest

Rose,
    I loved that song too. You sure have a way of bringing all of the history back to memory. Yes, I lived through the 60's the war, Kennedy, and all of the other times our country was scared and challenged. It is easy to think about what should have been done when you know the outcome. It is that way in life as well. I would change some things knowing how the decisions turned out in the end. But we can't go back and make an alternate decision.
    I have never been to Italy around it a bit but never there.
    Hugs,
    Janiceanne

6. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Like a garden decayed before its time
    1323DeadLipz.jpg

Gary166, Rose69, Countess Joy and 2 others like this.
  7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Lou. I was a total mess. I can’t even describe the amount of despair I felt. Truth be told I fought Ron on getting me a cane. I didn’t want one. It took some time before I let him get it for me. Begrudgingly.
    I called my daughter that I had left my cane in a shopping cart and I went right back. It was gone. She left work to help me search. We Searched the store and went to customer service. I checked. with customer service every day for 4 days. We were in the parking lot crying. Someone kept it. But I did exactly what you mentioned. I bought an identical one to the one Ron picked out for me. I’m more careful now and try to leave it in my car. This one doesn’t have the meaning of the special one Ron bought me but it appears the same. Thank you Karen and JaniceAnne also. You all understand. Some people just don’t understand the meaning behind it. Robin

8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Our pets mean the world to us and bring so much joy and love into our lives. I’m glad she’s doing better and you helped her feel safe. Robin

9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

How do you do it? Awesome!

10. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

I am so sorry! You don’t always have to be strong. It’s okay to be vulnerable and human in the face of profound loss! Hugs and comfort to you!! ❤️

11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

George, It is terribly hard. I give you so much credit. When I feel like you’re feeling I shut down. I tend to keep it to myself, which isn’t good. You’re letting us, know how much you’re struggling. Deborah is right. Being vulnerable is ok. When I’m struggling I push myself to get moving. Just moving and breathing in more air can help. But it’s not always possible. sending you love and hugs. Robin

12. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Robin you've just described me. I tend to shut down too when I have those extra tough moments. I don't say a word, keeping myself to myself, then finding something, anything, to keep my mind, but sometimes it's not enough.
    That was such a cruel thing to do, taking away your cane, how could anyone be so insensitive? Did they think it had just appeared there, from outer space, not belonging to anyone? This type of behavior makes me so angry.
    We understand how devastating it must have been for you, so glad you managed to buy an identical one.
    Rose

Van Gogh, eyepilot13 and Gary166 like this.
  13. eyepilot13

I'm not sure... I just do. Try not to think too much I guess...

14. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Rose, I can always count on my friends here to understand. My daughter and I kept saying, no one would take someone’s cane it has to be here. We searched for a couple hours, before giving up. At first I couldn’t even think of buying a new one. But I did eventually. I have another one but that one doesn’t have meaning. And now when I need to use my cane to get a shopping cart I put it back in my car once I’ve gotten the cart. People are so callous and don’t think someone needs this. I don’t want to need it believe me. Rose, I’ve thought many times how alike you and I are. So many of your posts remind me of myself, as if I wrote them. Robin

15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

That actually makes sense.

16. eyepilot13

At least something kinda does! loL

Rose69, Van Gogh, RLC and 1 other person like this.
  17. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’m going today it comes to you naturally. It’s a gift.

Rose69, eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  18. eyepilot13

Here's a picture I took a couple years ago of a hawk in my backyard in LaGrange at my old house.

YardHawk_0024 2-1-20.jpg

19. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Wild, Bro Geo! Thanks for a glimpse of
    the animal kingdom. Don't get too close!
    Godfather of Lobsterville

Rose69 and eyepilot13 like this.
  20. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

Is it a sharp shin or a Cooper’s hawk?

Rose69, Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.