*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon dear Warriors, just a note to let you know I'm still here in this universe in the deep south, I just got disconnected with the word and became a hermit to see if I can connect with my subconscious and I will never ever forget the help and support that everyone gave me in my darkest grieving days. Thanks again I love you all.
    Helena

2. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Helena, I was worried about my 2 friends
    in South Carolina, you & Patti, who TGW
    welcomed back today. It's a wonderful
    Christmas present to have both of you
    return. I miss your posts on Wed Art
    Therapy. George has been providing us
    with his beautiful paintings, with vibrant
    colors. I've enjoyed "talking"with my 3
    younger brothers: Gary, George, & Chad,
    and my many widow sisters,incl.Deb,
    of course,from your state, Karen,
    Bernadine, Nicole, and others, which
    my "foggy widower's brain",as Deb
    calls it, can't recall.Please stay with us,
    & just put "LIKE" to our posts if you
    don't feel like posting, Helena. Welcome
    back , Helena, & Merry Christmas. Lou

Sweetcole, DEB321, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  3. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thank you! As I go through each day I try so hard not to doubt myself. I went to the art league today..../ literally forced myself to go and I did a painting. Hope it's good! Thanks Patti!
    12922FireMountain.jpg

DEB321, Gary166, RLC and 2 others like this.
  4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Not only good George, it’s awesome! Love it!! I look forward to your art.

DEB321, Rose69, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

DEB321, Rose69, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  6. eyepilot13

I too am struggling big-time this year with the Holy Day stuff, this time of year I really miss Valerie even more. I am so glad to hear some good things about my art. My art therapy keeps me going, along with the GWs on GIC! Thanks and much love!

7. eyepilot13

Thank you VERY VERY much!!!!!

Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  8. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

After my disappearance from the world, my family got worried not knowing anything about me, today I received an enormous amount of food and goodies to last me for months and months, I really don't know how to explain? but the only place that I have felt comfortable talking is here with the warriors that I have never met, these few weeks were a trial to see if I can live just on my own... I realized that its not possible, everyone needs some human connection, then I decided to come back to reality I'm still here. Thanks for reading and listening.
    Helena

9. eyepilot13

It is so HARD to rejoin the world. I have to really force myself to. GWs are the best!

10. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I’m glad you are back too Helena. This is a non judgmental site. We all move in and out of the lost and found zone. I’ll never forget the drawing you made of the photo I posted of the dove setting on my bedroom window after Cheryl transitioned. You started Art Wednesday and Quotes of the Day also. When I get lost then found I’m like an animal coming out of hibernation. It takes me a while to wake up. Welcome home. Gary

11. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I've also been in standby/hybernation mode recently, this festive season doesn't help much. My disconnected mind is finding it hard to get through this thick fog but sharing with you here lifts me up and gives me the boost I need to remind me that I will make it. Thank you.
    Rose

12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Patti,

It's so way beyond wonderful to "see" you here!!!, TUTTAM!!! I haven't been around as much as I used to be, but it makes me feel so good knowing whenever I visit, TGW, our GIC "family," will be here for me, for all of us... TGW are such an important part of my life. It's because of all of you, that whatever shred of sanity I had left after Bob died, is still with me. Wait, this is very subjective!!!, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, as long as I think I have a shred of sanity left, I'll be okay, lol!!!

As always, keeping you and all TGW in my daily prayers...

Sending lots of hugs and love to you and JayCee, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

I wrote you one of my "books," last night, but when I tried to post it, I couldn't. I got a red warning. It said the site wasn't secure and might be hacked. Now, it seems to be fine. Hoping everyone can access this site today... We need each other more than ever during what's supposed to be the happiest, most magical time of year. BULLSH*T!!!

Backing up a bit, to repeat what I said to Patti, it's so way beyond wonderful to "see" you!!!, TUTTAM!!! I'm not going to try to repeat everything I said last night, but I'm sending you a GIANT!!! (variety is the spice of life!!!) virtual hug... I think all of us need space, away from here sometimes. I'm not around nearly as much as I used to be, but it's always such a good feeling to return "home," to my safe place, where my "family" is...

Like so many of us, I've been struggling BIG!!! TIME!!! this holiday season... There are days when I have to force myself to get off the couch, and join the rest of the world. Once I do, I usually feel better, but the holidays, or "holi daze," George said it best!!!, are bringing back all those memories of way beyond special times, spent with Bob..., my children... , my fur babies... All those Hallmark moments parading around inside my head, with no shut off switch. Although I know I'm doing much better than I was when I first landed here, I'm surprised at how hard the holi daze have hit me this year. Unlike in the beginning of this miserable journey (for lack of a better word), even when I fall and stumble along the way, I'm able to pick myself up, brush myself off, and continue moving forward much more quickly. I no longer spend entire days being a couch potato, unable to do anything but cry... Progress is a way beyond wonderful thing!!!

Life is so very over the top bittersweet!!!, TUTTAM!!! Although I sound like a broken record, I'll take bittersweet over the alternative any time!!!, TUTTAM!!! I hope you're beginning to feel better, and your day is going well...

As always, sending you, Yogi and Sammi, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

14. Van Gogh

Debster, I'd rather hear your "broken
    record" philosophy, than not to see
    on here, at all. As I've said many times to
    Grief Warriors, on MY broken record,
    please put a "LIKE"to our posts, when
    you're too tired, lonely, and depressed to
    write your own post. Otherwise, TGW,like
    me , will worry if you're physically OK------
    and ALIVE!!! Louster

DEB321, Gary166, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

I couldn't access to the site for the whole day today, and now luckily it's come back to life. I kept getting the same message as Deb, about the connection not being secure, it's happened before, hope everything's back to normal now.
    Anyway, I'll just say goodnight to you all, I want to try and get to sleep earlier than I normally do. Perhaps I'll get a little more sleep, as whatever time I go to bed, I'm always wide awake at 5.30am!
    Rose

16. Van Gogh

Rose, I've learned not to panic,in regard to
    a temporary glitch on GIC. The 1st time it
    happened, was very upsetting & I reached
    out to the founder of GIC, Karyn Arnold,
    who said her tech team was rebooting. I
    am now direct messaging with another member, who connected with me,bc I
    was so lonely, depressed, and angry , to
    be cut off from people who "get it"about
    mourning the deaths of our soulmates. Lou

Rose69, DEB321, Gary166 and 1 other person like this.
  17. eyepilot13

We should message through E-mail!?

18. Van Gogh

Yes, George. Try contacting "griefic", who's
    an administrative staff member and ask
    about " Start a Conversation". Good
    luck, Bro Geo! Lobster Man

Gary166 and Rose69 like this.
  19. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member