*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Rose, thank you for your praise of my use
    of Cato's attacks as a "personification" of our grief. Before that, we had Karen's
    brilliant "Mr. Grief'.After my contribution,
    we had Bernadine's term of "griefland".
    But , for me, the most positive idea I had,
    occurred after I joined GIC, in July of
    2021. I said we are The Grief Warriors
    ( TGW), and I was proud & flattered that
    my phrase caught on as our motto. My
    idea is that if one of us falls on the
    battlefield of grief, that our friends here,
    will lift that person up. During this
    Hallmark family style season,we can turn
    to each other for emotional support and
    comfort. We are not alone. Lou

2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

The George,

I stopped by briefly to check on my friends. I didn't get much sleep last night, thinking about a friend who unexpectedly got transferred yesterday, from the hospital where Bob used to be a patient, to a nearby hospice.
    Hearing you forced yourself to go to the art league to paint, and as an added plus, met some nice people, and were able to escape from Mr. Grief, has me smiling BIG!!! TIME!!! It's good to be able to smile, in spite of all the tears... My heart is breaking for my friend, her husband, and children...

You are the UGW!!!, TUTTAM!!! Unlike most things I keep on repeating over and over and over again, this one NEVER!!! gets stale!!!

Being a very demanding friend, please share those four paintings with your GIC "family." You're an amazing artist. I know I can speak for all of us when I say we look forward to seeing your latest creations. Wish I could send you, and all TGW, who are dealing with freezing cold temps, some of this sunshine...

I'm going to take advantage of it, go for a long walk with a friend...

Hope however you spend today, it turns out to be a good one, Mr. G. still unconscious from yesterday.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. The DEB

eyepilot13, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

No words of wisdom, no advice, just sending you a GIANT!!! cyber hug. All of this SUCKS!!! Hoping all of us make it through the rest of the holiday season, with as few visits from Mr. G. as possible... Backing up a bit, I loved!!! your wish that all of us could escape from "Griefland," for a day. Even though it didn't work out this way, daydreaming can be a very good thing!!!, TUTTAM!!!

As always sending you and your precious kitten, Winky (??? the fog from my brain might have momentarily lifted), lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

cjpines, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

So many of us seem to be struggling to keep Cato from suffocating us this holiday season. It SUCKS!!! As I said to Karen, no words of wisdom, no advice, just sending you a GIANT!!! virtual hug...

I hope today is a better day for you, that you're able to smile more, cry less...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Rose69, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  5. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Van Gogh likes this.
  6. eyepilot13

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement The DEB! Not doin' good again it seems, gotta keep working at pulling myself back together... Since you asked some Sundae Art Therapy! Take care my friendE!
    r111322Gosth.jpg r112522MysteriousOcean.jpg r112522NewDragon.jpg r112522PurpleFace.jpg r112522TinyHome.jpg

RLC, Countess Joy, cjpines and 4 others like this.
  7. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

The George,

Thank you so much for brightening my day with lots of Sundae Art Therapy... Mother Nature has been a pita, showering my little corner of the world with rain, overcast skies, followed by some sun, lots of wind, etc, etc., etc. However, it's warm, about 75 degrees, something to be grateful for.

The weather sort of matches my mood. My friend who so unexpectedly was transferred to a hospice on Saturday, passed away yesterday. She lived right next door to me with her husband of over 53 years. They are the very best neighbors/friends. From the time Bob and I moved here, through Bob's death, and most recently, the car accident, they have been here for us. They're very active in their church, and in our neighborhood, doing everything they can to make life better for everyone who is fortunate enough to know them. Our neighborhood, our community, just won't be the same without her... My heart is breaking for her husband. They were madly in love with each other, and just recently celebrated their last wedding anniversary together. It SUCKS!!!

Even though I hate hearing you're struggling BIG!!! TIME!!!, you're lots stronger than you think you are!!!, TUTTAM!!! Remember: You ARE!!! the UGW!!! It SUCKS!!! when it seems like it's impossible to win those daily battles with Mr. G., but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!! you've got this!!! All you can do is to keep on picking yourself up, brushing yourself off, and forcing yourself to do whatever it is you need to do to keep moving forward... Together, with the help from all TGW, we CAN!!! & WILL!!! get through the very darkest days of our lives. We will continue to kick the F*CK!!! out of Mr. G., making Valerie, Bob, and everyone else's one true love of their lives, so very proud of us, honoring their memories by living each day in the very best way we possibly can.

The one positive in all of this misery is that everything is always subject to change. Hoping tomorrow will be a much better day for you... Thanks again for making me smile, brightening my day, especially when Mr. Grief is being a super pita, an unwelcome guest in your apartment. I just kicked the F*CK!!! out of him for you. Hope it helps...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

8. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Lou,
    By the time I arrived, just four months after you, you were already a fixture here and greeted me in the middle of the night. You and the others understood those first days and weeks, I’m so grateful to have found TGWs. ~B

9. Van Gogh

Bernadine, it warms my heart that I could
    reach out & comfort you in the middle of
    the night, like Karen ( "Ms. Hum"), Robin,
    Deb, &others, did for me. Some widows
    have moved on, but a hard core remains.
    I'm blessed to be the oldest of 3 brother
    widowers here: Gary , George, and Chad.
    Lou

Rose69, DEB321 and Gary166 like this.
  10. Van Gogh

The Deb, the not so "delicate flower",is an
    enforcer for all TGW, in our battles with
    Mr. Grief. Don't mess with Debster! Lou

11. eyepilot13

We would have been putting up the tree today with lottsa toothsome goodies in another life, or we'd be stressing about going back to work after five daze of fun and frolics... We'd debate whether we should
    order pizza or Chinese! In another life!
    In this life I look outside at the thick overcast and eat some crushed ice and brighten THE DEBz day with some art... The world is a krazy place these daze!

Countess Joy, Rose69, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  12. Van Gogh

As sad as you are,The George, during
    these holi-- daze, yoursense of humor,
    and art,are slowly coming back,and
    all TGW appreciate it. The Lou

13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

The George,

Lou said it best!!!, TUTTAM!!! During these over the top miserable daze, your creativity and personality brighten all TGW daze... Thank you for making our daze a little better when Mr. Grief refuses to give you some down time, some much needed R & R.. F*CK!!! Mr. G!!!

The world definitely IS!!! a krazy place... Dazed during the darkest daze of our lives... It SUCKS!!!

(I'm such a creature of habit, way too predictable, lol...)

Sending you lots more love and hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

14. eyepilot13

Glad you see it in me LouBsterMan!

DEB321, Rose69, Gary166 and 1 other person like this.
  15. eyepilot13

Wednesday art... yes my acrylix class was re-cancelled cuz they already refunded the students' money! I am so bummed!!~!
    r112622HailStrom.jpg r112822TurbulenceMountain.jpg

16. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

A refund? That’s cash for art supplies!

DEB321, eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  17. eyepilot13

I did buy a bunch of canvases yesterday!
    12122Sunise.jpg

Gary166, Rose69, DEB321 and 1 other person like this.
  18. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine and George,

Great minds think alike, lol!!!

George,

Thanks for sharing another masterpiece with us... Looking forward to seeing those completed canvases...

As always, sending both of you, plus Maggie, lots of love and hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

19. Van Gogh

George, I took a leaf from your book of
    grief,and let the "floodgates" ( as Deb
    calls tears) roll down my cheeks for
    Linda. I was listening to Peggy Lee's
    "Is that all there is?" , and lost it. We had
    a running gag that I called her Peggy Lee
    when she was feeling down, and that
    always got a laugh. Louster

20. eyepilot13

I hear ya me Bro... This time of year is very difficult I think. I think it's very good to let the grief flow at times. We just keep trying to get through the days and Holy Day Daze are some of the hardest! Keep up the fight against MG LobsterinoMan!

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.