*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Brother George I was wondering if the lazer light show in this live performance gave you the idea of your latest masterpiece Moon Rising Over the Pyramids? I felt like I was in your drawing watching the show. The light show is so cool. I was determined to watch the whole video until I realized it was over 3 hours. Lol! I hope they get your port right George. I can’t imagine dealing with all the medical stuff you do. Keep on trucking. You are the ultimate warrior me Bro. The sleep meds I’ve been on have been causing memory problems so I’m weaning myself off. I felt like I was in a foreign country. I had trouble concentrating. The cold blast hit a week ago and my spirituality was like the dark phase of the moon. I read all the sad stories shared from our warrior friends and slipped further into Griefland. Today it was sunny and I watched my birdie buddies eating berries from the burning bush with a beautiful blue sky in the background. I visited my friend Matt for 2 hours. Matt baked a blueberry loaf and we had some quality Bro time. I’m more motivated to find a portal out of Griefland with my warrior friends. Gary

cjpines, eyepilot13, DEB321 and 3 others like this.
  2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I’m glad to hear the trip to Florida was an “uneventful” one, but wish Mother Nature was in a much better mood!!!

So sorry to hear Juliet has crossed over that Rainbow Bridge…. I know how difficult it is to have to make such a heartbreaking decision…. However, sometimes the kindest thing we can do, is to let our much loved fur babies go….

In spite of this sad news, and Mother Nature being a pita, it’s way beyond wonderful that you and your children are able to spend Thanksgiving together…
    Ron watching over you as always….

Sending you lots of hugs & love, wishing you peace, all of us peace, DEB

RLC, Van Gogh, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  3. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you BroGar! I've been into STS9 on TooYoob lately. Kinda put on that three hour jam and leave it on in the background as I try to do stuff. Glad you dig "Moon Rise Over Pyramids". We shall see with my D access... Saturday they had no troubles, let's see about today. Have weird dialysis schedule cuz of the HolyDay. TB made amazing tacos yesterday and I pigg'd out. That was my T-Givng Feast I think! Overall I think I'm doing better even though my painting class was cancelled!!! Music keeps me going... you'll be interested to know I've been into the more mellow Led Zepp stuff. They do mellow so well I think I prefer it to the more rocking stuff. Keep on truckin' the truck me Bro!

cjpines, DEB321, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  4. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Deb, when I light my wood stove I will think of your story and the love you shared with Bob and your wonderful children. You were the luckiest woman on this entire planet and such beautiful memories to cherish. K

5. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Thanks, K

Your making me teary eyed, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, only in the very best of ways...

As always, sending you and your precious kitty (? I forgot her name, so sorry!!!, but as always, I'm blaming this on my foggy widow's brain, lol... ), lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Rose69, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  6. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I hope D Day went better for you today George. I like the mellow Zep also. Ramble On is my favorite. I stole a line from the song when I first met my beloved Cheerful Cheryl and referred to her as “the queen of all my dreams”. I’ve been trying to fill in empty spots on the walls since I gave Cheryl’s favorite stuff to her (Godchild/niece) Courtney a month ago. Digging out portraits tucked away etc jarred memories lose. I needed to express my grief though. I hadn’t for a while. The thing that got me the most was a serving tray Cheryl used to take food to the picnic table. I put a brass angel with 6 crystals in Cheryl’s shrine that I got from Mom shortly after Cheryl transitioned. This time of year the sun is lower and the sun rays hit the crystals and rainbows appear on the walls and floors in the afternoon. It makes for a magical moment. I’m enjoying seeing the sun again. The tacos sounded great. Gary

DEB321, cjpines, Countess Joy and 3 others like this.
  7. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

BroGar, your reference to your shrine
    for Cheryl, is very moving. When
    Linda died, I cleared out & donated all
    her decorations for every season, bc I
    couldn't bear to look at them without
    weeping. She had bought a porcelain
    figurine of a Pilgrim husband & wife,
    which made me sob uncontrollably.
    Today, in Linda's honor, I bought an
    amusing figure of a turkey , dressed as
    a Pilgrim , with a black hat & buckle on it.
    It's perfect, makes me smile, and Linda
    would have loved it. If her spirit, who
    I've been talking to lately, sees it on my
    bureau, next to her memorial ( with
    her ashes inside), with her name, she
    would be proud of me. Louster

DEB321, cjpines, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  8. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary, I wasn’t sure if I was brave or foolish, but now that I’ve arrived I’m happy with my choice to drive. We made it in one piece and reminisced making this drive with Ron so many times before. I’m sure Ron is proud of me and my daughter for successfully making this emotional journey. Staying in the room Ron and I had stayed in together so many times before can be rough but I’m doing better this time. Stronger. Florida isn’t proving to be sunny this visit but it’s ok. I’m where I want to be.
    Juliet, even in the pain she was in was so happy to get in the car and take her last last car ride. She loved those car rides every day. The veterinarian put her to rest in her most favorite place on earth. In the back of my brothers car surrounded by love from my brother and his GF. Juliet is now out of all the pain and suffering, and at piece.
    Thank you for your kind words. Robin

DEB321, cjpines, Countess Joy and 3 others like this.
  9. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Robin, I'm happy to hear you and your daughter have arrived safe and sound. You have been very brave to venture out by car on such a long journey, I'm sure your Ron is so proud of you both.
    I got goose bumps and so teary-eyed when I read about your son's poor little dog, may she rest in peace, finally relieved from all the pain she was suffering.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving, your beloved will be with you all, smiling at you.
    Rose.

DEB321, cjpines, RLC and 3 others like this.
  10. Van Gogh

Wow, Robin, in some ways, you're
    braver than I am. I would find it too
    gut wrenching to stay in a hotel, motel,
    or room in an inn ,where Linda & I stayed on
    vacation.Linda never lived in the
    apartment in which I live now. I try to
    take comfort in the fact that she knew we'd
    be living in the same town we did , when
    we got married, before we moved to the
    city to work.We never felt comfortable
    away from the sea where we grew up.
    God willing, this is my forever home,and
    as Tom Zuba said, Linda's come "home",
    as well, and I feel her presence. Since Linda & I traveled the country, including
    Florida, I don't have the desire to travel
    anymore. So proud of you that you
    overcame your fears of driving to
    Florida without Ron, & shared your
    thoughts with TGW.... Lou

DEB321, Sweetcole, RLC and 3 others like this.
  11. eyepilot13

I've been grooving to side 3 of Physical Graffiti a lot and the song "That's The Way" off of LZ III. And Sound Tribe S9. Off to the hospital again to meet with the vascular surgeon about my fistula access. This really sux! So cool hearing about the shrine crystals... That makes me feel good to hear! Take care!

DEB321, Gary166, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  12. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Rose. It’s something Ron and I had planned, thanksgiving with my son, Ron Jr in Florida. My daughter and I are carrying out that plan this year. Ron would be so happy. And happy that our children are caring for me so well. They took me out for dinner last night, I think it’s the best I’ve eaten in a very long time. Today it’s finally warm, we’re sitting outside enjoying the cloudy but 82° weather. No complaints. Got all our groceries for our Thanksgiving feast this morning.
    Juliet was a special girl, if I wasn’t on the road I would have gone to see her and give one last long hug.
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. Make it as special as you can while always remembering and honoring your “C”. He’s with you all and watching over you.
    Love and hugs, Robin

DEB321, eyepilot13, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  13. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Don’t give me too much credit Lou. I haven’t stayed in the same hotel rooms that Ron and have stayed in during our road trips. The room that’s very emotional is the guest room at my sons house. So many memories of us staying here together. I totally understand your thoughts on traveling, Ron and I planned to travel after retiring, I have no desire now. My travels involve family. This trip was huge for me to commit to, I overcame my struggles with it. And I’m happy to be here. Life threw us a wrench, we all need to try to work past. I’m happy to share my journey and the ups and downs.
    Lou, enjoy Thanksgiving with the young woman whose like a daughter to you. Ron is missing from our holiday dinner, but I do have other things I’m very thankful for including you and all of the TGW family. Robin

DEB321, Sweetcole, eyepilot13 and 3 others like this.
  14. Van Gogh

Thank you, Robin, for your kind reply. I
    am blessed to be "adopted" by a family,who never knew Linda when she was here on
    earth, but know her through me. My
    "daughter" teases me , that with Linda's
    cane, & my graying hair, I remind her of
    Martin Crane, the ex cop father of Frasier
    Crane , in the 90s sitcom , Frasier. She
    suggested I get a Jack Russell dog, like
    Eddie, in the TV show. But, since I want to
    be out all day, I suggested a cardboard
    dog! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Robin.
    ,Lou

Gary166, DEB321, cjpines and 3 others like this.
  15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou I know exactly who you mean. You mentioned it once before. So she really must think you look like him. A cardboard dog! Really!! You’re funny! But right about not leaving a dog alone all day.

Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  16. eyepilot13

Wednesday Art some photography!
    rTheTree_0011.jpg

Gary166, DEB321, RLC and 2 others like this.
  17. Van Gogh

Lombardo Photo Man, that's great! I can't
    get enough photography. Lobster Lou

DEB321 likes this.
  18. cjpines

George, that is so tranquil, I love the way the trunks of the trees are leaning.

DEB321, RLC and Van Gogh like this.
  19. cjpines

I just got caught up on all the posts and I'm so sorry Robin for your Juliet, it's the worst to lose a pet.

I want to wish all of you a Very Happy Thanksgiving and hope you find some peace and joy this day of thanks and gratitude. Maybe we all can surrender to peace leaving behind griefland for this day. Let's try. K

Gary166, DEB321, Sweetcole and 2 others like this.
  20. Van Gogh

That's a good idea, Ms.Hum, to put Mr.
    Grief aside. I'm going to the home of a
    woman who's like a daughter to me,
    since the death of Linda, who she never
    met. I am grateful to be with her & her 2
    high school kids, at the Thanksgiving
    table. Mr. Grief is not invited. Happy
    Thanksgiving to you, your daughter,
    your whole family, including your cat.
    Louster