*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Van Gogh likes this.
  2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Georgster,

Sending you a GIANT!!! virtual hug... Evil dreams are the absolute pitts!!! So... very sorry you have to wake up not having had the peaceful rest you need and deserve. I hope caffeine and meds kick in ASAP!!! Although you woke up to "garbage," I hope the rest of your day improves...

Even now, reading this, I feel like there is a positive change in you, so although I wish you felt better, I'm still smiling... Together, and with the help of all TGW, WE CAN!!! AND WILL!!! get through these darkest of days...

With lots more hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debster

3. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Debster, thank you so much for replying
    to me on this dark, rainy morning, which
    doesn't help, in my ongoing battle with
    Mr. Grief/Cato. One of the annoyances
    both Linda & I shared with you, is the
    rush past Thanksgiving to Christmas,
    for which I blame the big department
    and other retail stores, wanting to sell
    as much merchandise as they can. Linda
    rebelled at this, by decorating our small
    apartment for EVERY season. I cry as I
    remember the 2 figurines of a male &
    female Pilgrim, standing together. F***,
    it hurts this time of year especially. For
    both Robin & me, it's been 4 years since
    the deaths of Linda and Ron, but , in some
    ways it feels like yesterday, as Robin,
    Rose, Bernadine, Karen, George, you,
    and others, have said. I hope Patti is OK.
    I'm sure we'll hear from Helena, perhaps
    today, on Wed Art Therapy day. And, of
    course, Gary and Chad, who take it all in,
    & then reply when they can. Thank God
    for TGW. I don't know what I'd do without
    all of you. It replaces a grief counselor for
    me right now. Been there, done that. Lou

Gary166, DEB321, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  4. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thanks Debenator! I think the difference is even though I'm not "happy" or whatnot at least I'm not severely depressed. We got ta keep tryin' to try! Stay warm!!!

5. eyepilot13

Hang in there LobsterBro! It is cold and cloudy and Novembrous here in LombardVille. At least the snow didn't really stick. Holiday blah de blah indeed! Valerie was an insane Christmas freak. Damn I miss her!

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  6. eyepilot13

Moonrise over Pyramids

Attached Files:

Gary166, Countess Joy, DEB321 and 2 others like this.
  7. eyepilot13

I'm going to go to the open studio Friday morning to paint. Hopefully I'll be around some friendly people who notice my art. Take care Deberrific Debster!

8. Van Gogh

Georgerino, I can't compete with your
    creative, ever changing nicknames. Thank
    you , on behalf of all GW, for making us
    laugh today,and every day. Lousterino

9. Van Gogh

Thanks, The George, Like Debster said,
    glad your snow melted. I'm not going to
    let the miserable, pouring rain stop me
    from walking to my local cafe for lunch
    & live music. The Lou

10. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Deb, Lou, George, for brightening up my afternoon (almost evening really, 6pm here now). Deb, thank you for your kind thoughts too. It's always a pleasure to read your inspirational posts. Reading everyone's posts here has made me feel more positive, hopeful and determined to get through this tormented journey we're going through,like Debster says: "giving a good kick to Mr Grief". Lou, it's been pouring down with rain here too all day, getting colder, and I also hate all this Christmas rush, shops full of Panettone (our traditional Xmas cake), decorations etc. Then when I see the Christmas lights on in front of the shops, I wonder what's happened to the "save energy, cut down on electricity /gas consumption" policy that we've all been advised to follow, because of this war which is still going on?
    Anyway, I'll go back to my piano playing (very very amateurily), trying to let time pass as soon as possible (my music therapy) . Have to keep my mind occupied, now that I can't spend much time outside with my "nature" therapy.

Hugs to you all.
    Rose

Gary166, DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  11. eyepilot13

Good for you Bro! Peace and Love all around!

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  12. eyepilot13

Music therapy is great! I can't play but music keeps me going!

Gary166, Rose69, DEB321 and 1 other person like this.
  13. eyepilot13

When I was a teacher I always came up with wacky nickNames for the kids!
    Lougustino

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  14. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

Like Robin, I'm so very sorry I missed this post while attempting to catch up after being MIA for awhile. Sending you the BIGGEST!!! virtual hug... I'm struggling with the soon to be approaching holiday season too, but unlike you, and so many other GWs, Bob didn't die during the holiday season. I can't even begin to imagine how much more difficult..., way beyond sad..., it must be having to deal with the "deathversaries," (I'm adopting this one) combined with the holidays. It SUCKS!!! BIG!!! TIME!!!

Whoever owns Kleenex, as we used to say so frequently, should really be thanking TGWs right about now... The cold, gray, miserable days.., all the darkness..., only makes our lives so much more challenging than they already are. I need a tissue... Thinking about you, and everyone in our GIC "family" who has those over the top sad deathversaries combined with the holidays, and nasty weather, is making me teary eyed... However, we CAN!!! & WILL!!! get through the darkest of days together. To repeat one of my favorite expressions, our name says it all, WE ARE!!! TGWs!!! (Thanks again Lou for coming up with this perfect name for our GIC "family," and thanks to Karen for coming up with Mr. Grief, so perfect...)

On a much lighter note, I can (almost) picture Maggie enjoying all those big waves on the shore of the Columbia River... Thanks for the smiles... Smiles are a wonderful thing!!!, TUTTAM!!! Sort of off, sort of on, the same subject, I hope Maggie, provides you with not only lots of comic relief, but also comforts you, in the very special way, that only fur babies can, during these over the top difficult days... "Griefland" SUCKS!!!, TUTTAM!!! (I want to adopt this one too, so perfect.)

We are the GW, living in Griefland, battling Mr. Grief daily... Sort of sounds like a twisted Dr. Seuss story... It reminds me of the Whos, in Whoville, who fear the Grinch. However, unlike the Grinch, who morphs into a Grinch with a big heart, Mr. Grief will always be heartless... Fantasy is so much more fun than reality...

Back to reality, I hope today is going as well as it possibly can, given that all of us are stuck living in Griefland...

Sending lots more hugs and love, to you and Maggie, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

15. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Twisted Dr. Seuss or a 60’s Beetle’s song. Back later… ~B

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  16. Van Gogh

Bernadine, TGW are a literary bunch! Lou

Rose69 and Countess Joy like this.
  17. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Forecast calls for two weeks of rain beginning Monday.
    That brings temperatures back up; 50’s daytime and 40’s at night.
    Autumn is returning, time to slow down.
    Now the leaves will have time to fall, the soil is workable, wildlife can rest a minute.

as long as they don’t geoengineer up frigid blasts like last year we might be back on track.

18. eyepilot13

You sure got that right..
    GeoEngineering these artificial chemically nucleated COLD-downs!

Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  19. Van Gogh

Brother Lombard, misery loves company.
    Thought of your awful weather, the worst
    of all TGW. I had a brief taste of it today:
    low 30s, partly blue skies, spitting rain,
    turning into spitting snow. WTF? Well, I
    can be thankful the snow was very
    brief , but itadded to my grief for Linda.
    On the plus side, I tell friends and
    strangers alike, that I'm using Linda's
    cane, for fear of falling, and that she's
    watching over me. As the MIA BRO GAR
    says: " Keep on truckin'"....Lobsterino

Gary166 and eyepilot13 like this.
  20. eyepilot13

Yo LobsterLougostinas dialysis was a real pain! Literally and figuratively! They are having troubles with my access and my arm is like a pin cushion with multiple sticks with huge needles! Don't know what they can do about this situation... Itz freaking me out! Then I leave and I couldn't believe the BITTER blasts of cold and wind. Now more snow! That stuck. Don't mean to be such a whiner but TSBT! As DebSter might say! Stay warm Bro!

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.