*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Rose, It was one year for me 13 days ago.
    The fabric of spacetime certainly bends in griefland. I agree, physics and mystics know a little about the nature of things.
    We’re back to buying kleenex in bulk for all GWs with all of the deathversaries and upcoming holidays ahead.
    It’s Cold and quite windy here, Maggie loved the big waves on the shores mighty Columbia river.
    Hang in there GWs. ~B

Gary166, DEB321, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Make it Costa Rica and I’m in!

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

So sorry I missed that date. I know it’s crippling hard. Not even sure how we each got this far. But having our GW friends sure helps. I can’t imagine how it would be without these GW friends. Time does sure have so many twists and turns, I like your term, griefland. Fitting. All the best to you as always. ❤️ Robin

4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Bernadine, you & George are right. The
    holiday season , AND sad death anniversaries of our soulmates, SUCK
    BIG TIME!!! , as our dear friend, Deb
    often says. It's only November 15, & I'm
    sitting in a coffee shop, listening to
    Christmas music. Really? It bothers me
    that many people are in a frantic mode to
    buy Christmas presents, that they ignore
    Thanksgiving. I give thanks that day, bc
    I've been welcomed by a kind family to
    sit at their table. They never met Linda,
    as I've said previously, on GIC, but have
    "adopted" me as the only non family
    member. Their daughter is the same age
    that mine would have been, if Linda and
    I ever had children. Your use of the
    word, "griefland" is perfect, and matches
    Karen's invention of Mr. Grief. Your offer of
    buying kleenex for all TGW, is also perfect.
    I'm not sure what I'd do without my
    close friends on GIC right now, in the
    cold, dark early days of winter. Lou

cjpines, Sweetcole, Gary166 and 3 others like this.
  5. Van Gogh

I agree , Bernadine. I hear that Costa
    Rica is a lot safer! Lou

6. Van Gogh

Thank you for that beautiful candle
    flame which warms my heart, both for
    the very cold temp. and more profoundly,
    the sad 4 year anniversaries of the
    deaths of Ron and Linda. I agree with
    you that, in some ways, I miss Linda
    MORE now, with the realization I will
    never see her, or hold her, on this
    earth again. Thank God that most of
    TGW are here for each other, as you
    said. I worry about people who haven't
    shown up for quite a while, like Patti,
    and more recently, Helena, who started
    Wed Art Therapy. I am glad that George
    rejoined us . I know that Gary, Deb,
    Chad & other Grief Warriors will appear
    again soon. Lou

Gary166, RLC, Countess Joy and 2 others like this.
  7. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words Lou. I'm happy for you that you will be spending Thanksgiving with your 'adopted' family again this year.
    Rose.

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  8. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words Robin, that candle is a lovely thought.
    You're so right, our cherished memories help us get through each day, giving us strength. Our hope for the future.
    Rose.

cjpines, Gary166, RLC and 1 other person like this.
  9. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you. My thoughts are with you too Bernadine, as you have passed your first year without your beloved soulmate. Yes 'Griefland', perfect word to describe where my mind is.
    Rose.

Gary166, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  10. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

Getting here a little late, have lots of catching up to do, but have to let you know how much I love!!! the picture of the beautiful deer... Thank you so much for sharing, and for the smiles, on this miserable, cloudy, cold day...

As always, sending you Teddy and Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  11. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lombard Da Vinci,

I've been MIA for awhile, busy!!!, but not in good ways. Although your week SUCKED!!!, TUTTAM!!!, it's great to "see" you this morning. I have lots of catching up to do, but for a change, I'm trying to read posts in the right order. We'll see how long I can keep this up, lol... Back to what I wanted to say before I got sidetracked, even though your week has been one GIANT!!! Cluster F*CK!!!, you sound amazingly good, which has me smiling BIG!!! TIME!!!, but wish so much your week had been a good one, instead of filled with way too much "garbage," TUTTAM!!! (TUTTAM!!! is so way past stale, but I'm not in the most creative moods this morning, so for now, TUTTAM!!! is here to stay.)

NEED!!! more caffeine, instead of the Cookie Monster, I feel like the Caffeine Monster. I need it injected IV style. Having trouble functioning today, it's cloudy, cold, just miserable, the kind of weather that makes me want to pull the covers up over my head, escape from reality..., the world... but, and this is the first very BIG!!! BUT!!! of the day, I have things I have to do, and a PT appointment this afternoon. (Backing up a bit, BIG!!! BUT!!! is another over the top stale one. Maybe I'll try to shake things up a bit for 2023, that is if I suddenly get a burst of creativity, doubtful at the moment.)

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. The Debster

cjpines, Gary166, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I must have missed the post where you told us you're driving to Florida for Thanksgiving. I'm getting here a bit late, but hope in spite of how bittersweet all of life is, you have the very best Thanksgiving possible, celebrating with your family, Ron watching over you, happy, knowing that you and your children are celebrating the holiday together... As always, I know Ron is so very proud of you. You do everything you possibly can to live the very best you possibly can, in this over the top sad/happy world.

I know you'll find lots of ways to include Ron in your Thanksgiving plans. I love!!! the creative ways you find to honor Ron's memory, making it possible for him to be with you and your children, not only during the holiday season, but throughout the entire year...

Stay safe on those roads!!!, TUTTUM!!!, have an "uneventful" ride to Florida and back home... I'll be looking forward to your posts while you're on the way...

As always, sending you, Teddy and Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Louster,

This holiday season is so difficult in so many ways... I thought I could handle it, but Mr. Grief ambushed me as soon as I stepped inside the grocery store a couple days ago (???I lose track of time, the days seem endless..., running into each other). To my right, employees were setting up Christmas Displays. Whatever happened to Thanksgiving???, but getting off track, so back to what I want to say. So many triggers..., memories of very special holiday seasons spent with Bob..., just as in the beginning of this way beyond miserable journey, for lack of a better word, I couldn't stop all those way beyond beautiful moments, from invading my mind. The floodgates opened, tears streaming down my face... Fortunately, it was a sunny day, and since I just walked inside the entrance, I still had my sunglasses on. I had to turn around, go back to my car (still can't believe I finally a new one!!!, it's a miracle!!!, TUTTAM!!!), sitting inside for a few minutes until I was able to pull myself back together again, just enough to pick up the things I needed to buy. F*CK!!! YOU!!! Mr. Grief!!!, TUTTUM!!! (As Linda would say, a "delicate flower" I'm not!!!, TUTTAM!!!)

Although bittersweet is as good as it's going to get, somehow, we must learn to be okay with all those way too frequent unwelcome visits from Mr. Grief, usually happening at some of the very worst possible moments (as if there is ever a good time for a visit from Mr. G.). I think it's only by being able to accept this cold, hard piece (can't think of the word I want to use, but think you'll "get" what I'm trying to say) of reality, that we'll be able to live the rest of our lives the very best we possibly can, honoring the memories of the one true love of our lives, making them over the top proud of us, happy, knowing that in between all those tears, there are genuine smiles...

Still have lots of catching up to do, but hope your day is off to a good start...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debster

14. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George (variety is the spice of life!!!),

If someday I win the lottery BIG!!! TIME!!!, I would buy a tropical island, in a way beyond gorgeous place..., for all of TGW to visit, stay as long as they want...
    Scrap this!!!, lol!!! I don't even buy instant game tickets, lol..., but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, daydreaming can be a really good thing!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Stay warm, stay dry...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

15. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

I agree, all that commercialized holiday BS!!! SUCKS!!! BIG!!! TIME!!! The first word advertisers want you to think of as soon as October rolls around, is BUY!!! Shop until you drop... As though material things equal love. Total BULLSHIT!!! Better get off of my soapbox before I even begin to get going, otherwise you're going to get one of my L O N G E S T!!! books ever, lol...

I know I have no right to complain, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, I'm way beyond freezing, and our temps are over the top tropical compared to yours... I'm already sleeping in heavy sweats, my very favorite bereavement blanket on top of the others...

Back to attempting to catch up...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

16. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I thought I was doing so well, and now, the holidays are just around the corner... I'm like you, if someone genuinely cares, those floodgates open... I'm finding that all those nonstop memories of wonderful times spent with Bob, during the holiday season, are flooding my mind..., with no way to stop them, giving Mr. Grief plenty of opportunities to do his very best to suck the life right out of me, just like in the beginning, of this way beyond, miserable journey (for lack of a better word).

I agree, that in this bittersweet world we've been thrown into, finding happiness, is a work in progress. Sometimes, it's easier than others, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, as we continue doing all the hard work grieving forces us to do, I'm finding that I'm crying less, and smiling more. I know the timeline is different for every one of us, but praying for TGW, all of our GIC "family," that everyone will reach the point where there are lots more smiles, lots less tears. Unfortunately, as you said, "this "goes a little south especially this time of year." All we can do, is let ourselves cry when we need to, when the tears finally stop, dust ourselves off, pick ourselves up, get back to living our lives the very best way we possibly can, doing our best to make Ron, Bob, and all TGW one true love of their lives, proud of us, happy that we're able to smile, enjoy life again, even if all of life is so very bittersweet.

I have no right to complain because the temperatures where I am are so much warmer than where you are, but I'm freezing!!!, TUTTAM!!! It's surprised me how quickly I got used to the warmer weather, now anything under 68 degrees is cold, the 50's and under, absolutely FREEZING!!! I wish so much I could box up our warmer temps, and the sunshine we should have, for at least some of the winter (hope I didn't just jinx myself, and everyone who lives in my little corner of the world!!!,lol!!!), and send it to you, to all of our GIC "family," who live in much colder climates.

I'm so over the top excited for you, happy for you, that soon, you'll be on your way to Florida, spending Thanksgiving in warmth, surrounded by your family, Ron, of course, watching over you as always...

Sending lots of hugs and love to you Teddy and Slinky, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

17. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Yay an almost book from The DEB!!!! We have every right should complain... about whatever! I try so hard but it keeps crapping on and on. Took that painting class and of course the instructor has health problems and class gets cancelled. My dialysis access is acting up and not working right! At least the snow melted! ha r111422DuckPatrol.jpg ve some Wednesday art!

cjpines, Gary166, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  18. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

So glad I sounded good cuz I'm really trying hard to pull my sht together lately. Woke up from evil dreams not doing good at all today. Time for some caf and my meds! so glad to hear from you! The Debest of Debs!

Gary166, Rose69, DEB321 and 1 other person like this.
  19. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin, and Rose,

Rose, I've been MIA and missed your over the top sad post... Death date anniversaries are way over the top difficult..., I'm teary eyed thinking of how painful this time of year is for you, Robin, Lou, Karen, and every GW (I'm exhausted, didn't sleep much, so I'm positive I'm forgetting some GWs who are dealing with this double whammy too), who has to deal with a death anniversary on top of the quickly approaching holiday season... It SUCKS!!! BIG!!! TIME!!!

Robin, I totally agree with you. Time DOES!!! NOT!!! heal!!!, TUTTAM!!! I find that while I'm not healing, I'm getting used to living alone, being lonely..., and I think I've finally accepted that life will always be so very bittersweet. I wish I had a magic wand, could wave it over everyone in our GIC "family's" heads, and give all of us the gift of total happiness for one day... This is my holiday wish for TGW, our GIC "family," but sadly, I know it can't come true...

As always, sending both of you, plus Teddy and Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

20. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

The George,

Thanks!!! I love your Wednesday art!!!, TUTTAM!!! I needed it so very much. You got me to smile..., always a very good thing, smiles are one thing we can NEVER!!! get enough of!!!, TUTTAM!!! (Really hope my creativity returns soon. I'm so tired of TUTTAM!!!, lol...)

It SUCKS!!! that your instructor has health problems, the class cancelled as a result. It SUCKS!!! that dialysis is being way more of a PYITA!!! than it usually is, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, glad to hear the snow has melted!!! In the scheme of life, there is always something to be thankful for...

Lots more hugs and love being sent your way, wishing you peace, all of us peace. The DEB