*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Ceee

Ceee Well-Known Member

Hello, i was moved by your comment that you will be spending time with people in need the closeness of another person at this transitional time. i do hope you continue and in doing this I feel you are honoring your loved one HUGS

Countess Joy, Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  2. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Now That’s A Tomato.jpg
    wednesday art therapy

DEB321, Rose69, Gary166 and 1 other person like this.
  3. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Rose69, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Yes. From my garden.

Rose69, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  5. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I try to be around but just feel so crappy and lost there's not much to say Same old shit. I'm in one of those phazes where I kinda hate almost everything. I feel isolated and disconnected. I am going to try very hard to turn tis around this week. Not sure how to... do stuff... ?

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  6. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

George, good to see you after a few weeks! Sorry to hear how you're feeling, it's not only you that have ups and downs ... I know that you have to deal with your health and being alone its not easy ... but we still here! Like Deb says TUTTAM, TUTTAM! we have to keep moving forward that's life, isnt it? we are born alone and will die alone, so try to look with some positive action, we are in the same situation ALONE, now the most important person is you, love yourself my warrior friend. Helena

Gary166, cjpines, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  7. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Two wasps having a banquet on my pear tree!
    IMG_20220914_180652.jpg

8. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

YIKES! I don't like it when bees attack
    me when I sit at an outside restaurant.
    I move to another location.....Lou

Rose69 likes this.
  9. Helena Beatriz

I'm glad to see some of TGW sharing their gardening pictures! Very nice! These past few weeks I haven't been inspired to draw for our wednesday therapy art, wishing that perhaps George get some motivaton and also share his old drawings, pastels, jokes etc? TUTTAM! after all we still here, let's move forward my friends!!!

IMG_20220426_170136_kindlephoto-766073019.jpg

Gary166, DEB321, Rose69 and 3 others like this.
  10. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Those pesky wasps know a good thing. When I sit outside and have lotion on or even bug spray they just love me.

Countess Joy, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  11. eyepilot13

I so do appreciate all the kind words and support. Healing is learning how to live again. I forgot what that was like... living a life. I think this might make sense to the grief stricken! I hope in learning how to live again it will put me on track for doing art again. Take care and much love!

Sweetcole, Gary166, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  12. eyepilot13

I will find something to post from the past. I can't seem to do art these daze! One of the reasons I don't post more art... All the files are too big and it is such a pain to figure out how to re-Size them. Yes I can do it. It is just such a B to do! Here's some art from 2018 from back when I was "normal" LoL

Attached Files:

Gary166, DEB321, Van Gogh and 3 others like this.
  13. Helena Beatriz

Thanks George! Just sharing even old drawings or anything keeps us alive! You made all of us happier, we all are looking forward for more art therapy on Wednesday's.
    Helena

Gary166, DEB321, Van Gogh and 2 others like this.
  14. eyepilot13

I keep trying, that's all we can do. A big thanks for liking my art. I haven't been feeling very "arty" the last couple months!

Gary166, DEB321, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  15. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

Love!!! that you're spending time in your garden...
    This is the most picture perfect, biggest tomato I've ever seen... It looks delicious!!!

Sending you and Maggie, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Deb

16. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

As usual, not reading posts in any particular order, so haven't seen the carrots (yet). However, reading how much you enjoy growing things, being barefoot outside, taking in all the beauty in nature..., has me smiling BIG!!! TIME!!!

Thanks for the smiles...

As always, sending you and Maggie, lots of love and hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

17. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I believe with all my heart, Ron was with you... Ron is always with you..., the very special bond you have, can never be broken. I'm an emotional mess. Reading this made me teary eyed, but mostly in good ways.

As always, sending you, Teddy & Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

18. Van Gogh

Bernadine, I just ate dinner at 8pm, my
    time. If I hadn't, I would be salivating
    for that tomato! I agree with Deb that it's
    picture perfect. The only thing I disagree
    with both of you on, is walking barefoot
    outside. The only place I would do that is
    on a sandy beach! Lou

19. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

What an amazing view outside your window!!! I love!!! how you're taking such good care of the garden Cheryl created. I believe she is always with you, happy, knowing that the garden she once created, is bringing you comfort... Sort of on, mostly off subject, in many ways, this house that I wanted to escape from so badly, this house that only reminded me of some of the very worst moments in Bob's life, in my life..., now reminds me of some of the good times Bob and I shared prior to 2018, prior to moving to SC.

When we remodeled the kitchen, and replaced all the flooring throughout the house, Bob and I picked out everything together. We went to the factory where granite and quartzite counter tops are made, and had fun choosing the quartzite slab used to make our kitchen counter tops and bathroom vanities. I remember how excited we got when we knew at the exact same moment, we had found the perfect wood flooring. These things, and more, reflect both of our personalities. Now, sometimes I feel comforted when I look at the counter tops, the kitchen cabinets, the flooring... I feel Bob's presence in this house, and it's such a wonderful feeling.

While I'm not sure if this house will ever feel like home, and there's still a big part of me that wants to move out of SC, there's a part of me that isn't sure if I should leave. I still need to leave the door to the guest bedroom closed. When I have company, I'm finally able to leave the door to the guest bathroom open. But, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, as soon as I'm alone again, I have to shut it ASAP!!! The horrific memories from the last 24 hours of Bob's life are still over the top vivid, as though they happened only yesterday, and as though they happened a very long time ago, all at once.

I'm so confused!!!, TUTTAM!!! However, unlike earlier in this miserable journey, for lack of a better word, I know that I want to take my time, think things through very carefully before making a decision as to where I want to spend the rest of my time on earth. I now know I can't escape grief. Mr. Grief will be with me as long as I'm on this earth, no matter where I chose to live. Life will always be so very bittersweet!!!, TUTTAM!!!, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, to repeat myself for what must be the zillionth time, I'll take happy mixed with sad. It SUCKS!!!, but, and this is the very last really BIG!!! BUT!!! for tonight, I've accepted that this is as good as it's going to get.

Just lost my train of thought. I'll blame it on my foggy widow brain, lol!!!

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  20. Van Gogh

Debster, if I may inject some levity here:

There
    are no "ifs, ands, or buts", in our
    mourning. We all go at our own pace. Bob's death is more recent than Linda's. It's
    hard to believe it will be 4 years in Nov.
    As I've said before, I pay tribute to the
    day she was born, and don't dwell on the
    day she died. I hope that, in time, you can
    do the same for Bob. It's good to see you
    on GIC again, surprisingly in the evening.
    I wish you a fond good night and a
    peaceful sleep. Louster

DEB321, Gary166 and Rose69 like this.