*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Gary what a beautiful view! Thank you for sharing that. I just worked on my pool I’m sitting on my deck swing watching humming birds and absorbing the sun, Ted next to me. Only thing missing is Ron. But when I walked out a monarch flew over to me and flew a full circle around me. Ron’s with me. He shows up every day, in one way or another. Yellow warblers are so beautiful. I’ve been having yellow finches. Yellow is my favorite color so I’m in love with them. I keep all of Rons bird feeders full. You’ve painted a beautiful picture today. Love it. There was a time I couldn’t sit on my deck enjoying nature and all of Rons work. We call this area our own private Idaho. I’m doing my best to keep it beautiful and neat. Everything grows so fast though. I can’t live without nature and creativity in my life either. Robin

Ceee, Van Gogh, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  2. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Absolutely Robin Ron is with you. Zuba says when we feel their presence know they are right here right now. It’s like going into another world when we enter the vegetable or flower garden. My niece Laura told me when you see a group of gold finches flying that is known as a charm. Bats are finally making a comeback in our area. I see them about 15 minutes after sunset. There were 4 in the yard a couple of nights ago dodging and darting at each other. I felt Cheryl was in the works there. Finally the mosquitoes are letting up to enjoy being outside again. Gary

Ceee, Van Gogh, Countess Joy and 2 others like this.
  3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Wow Gary, I never heard that, about gold finches, but I love it. I’m a believer like you that feeling our spouses presence means they are with us at that moment. I’m seeing bats too. We used to have bat houses that Ron put up, that encouraged them to stay around. But I’m seeing them without the houses. I’m glad you’ll able to enjoy being outside now. Mosquitos are still an issue here, hopefully soon there will be less. Robin

Ceee, Van Gogh, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  4. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Van Gogh, cjpines and Gary166 like this.
  5. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. Relate to every single word, especially about the 'pieces' of us becoming part of our soulmate and 'pieces' of them becoming part of us. It's like a jigsaw puzzle being scrambled up and some pieces never being found again. What's left? An unfinished puzzle. That's me. I feel guilty towards my family sometimes because I'm no longer a whole person, the 'better' part of me has gone and they're faced with a lonely, miserable being to cope with,as if having lost their devoted father wasn't enough pain to have to deal with.
    I've subscribed to this site to receive emails.
    Take care.
    Rose.

Ceee, Van Gogh, Gary166 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

Van Gogh likes this.
  7. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I have been doing the Kalpavriksha meditation by Sadhguru for over a month now. The meditation begins by being in your garden and getting the feeling you are becoming lite and you begin rising. It took me a several attempts to complete the 32 minute meditation but now I find it relaxing and empowering. When I was getting ready to start yesterday a cardinal perched in the rose bush by the window. It has opened my mind to the creative power within myself. B, I started reading Awake at the Bedside. I can’t imagine something like this was available. I saw my first hospice patient Thursday. I’m going to visit them again Monday and continue on a weekly basis. I’m glad you told me about Awake at the Bedside. Gary

Ceee, Van Gogh, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Billfromwa

9. Billfromwa

10. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

I like Sadhguru, Gary. His views on life and death, of course, but his mission to save the soil touches me deeply. Restoring life, nourishment, garden and gardener. Plus the guy can ride.
    I was able to read Awake at the Bedside with a book group. We met online with the author, Koshin. I talked with Kenn about the questions we used in our breakout discussion groups. It further shifted my understanding of my role as a witness to Kenn’s final year, not just a caregiver, particularly the last couple of months. I hope it serves you well in your volunteer work. Here’s a link to the group that sponsored the book club, https://roundglass.com/living/end-of-life
    ~B

Gary166, Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  12. Billfromwa

13. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Thank you B, I also subscribed to this site. Thanks for sending. K

Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  14. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Robin, here I am, at around 4:30 am on
    Monday. Whenever I wake up briefly in
    the night, I look for fellow GW . There are
    so many threads that I missed, like Wed
    Art Therapy. I just uncovered several
    attachments from Bernadine, and music
    videos from Bill. I'm tired , so all I could do,
    is to add "LIKE". I was unnerved when
    neither George or Deb showed up on GIC.
    George had been a regular, along with
    Helena ( who is now MIA !!). George
    finally made one appearance recently.
    Deb wrote a powerful piece yesterday, on a
    new thread, why she had been MIA so
    long. Karen, Bill, Gary, and I responded
    right away. I'm sure others will follow.
    Nicole was the latest. I hope you & Rose
    will reply to our warm, kind, and humorous close friend, Deb, very soon.
    Thank you, in advance, Robin. Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  15. Billfromwa

16. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

The other day I went for my first day out since I lost my C, went with my daughter to an art gallery in Naples. I had been thinking about doing this trip for a while, I think this thread has influenced my choice too, lately I had been having this strong desire to visit an art gallery, for some reason!:)
    The one hour journey by coach felt ever so strange and sad, we would always go on our day trips and holidays by car. Hadn't been on a coach for at least 30 years! I admit I had to hold back the tears behind my sunglasses and face mask (which is still compulsory on public transport). I was happy to be with my daughter, but I just had my darling husband on my mind the whole time, eating pizza together just me and my daughter was great(first time eating out, too) IMG-20220830-WA0005.jpg IMG_20220831_064145.jpg IMG_20220831_064145.jpg IMG_20220831_064145.jpg IMG_20220831_064145.jpg but just missing him so much. Gazing at all those beautiful paintings from 16th century to contemporary, I was constantly thinking why couldn't he also be here to see them? He would have loved it.
    Here are a couple of photos I managed to take.
    "The martyrdom of S. Ursula" by Caravaggio, and "The black Vesuvius" by Andy Warhol.

Countess Joy, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  17. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

IMG_20220831_064145.jpg IMG-20220830-WA0005.jpg

Van Gogh likes this.
  18. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Oops. Something went slightly wrong while sending these pics. I'm rather clumsy when it comes to techno stuff!
    Hugs to you all.
    Rose

Gary166, cjpines and Van Gogh like this.
  19. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Oh, Rose. The Caravaggio portraits are
    stunning. Linda & I saw them in
    Boston...
    Thank you! Lou

Gary166 and Rose69 like this.
  20. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Rose, thank you so much for sharing the art you and your daughter saw at the art museum. The dream you had with your C may have stimulated you to make this journey. I’m sure your C is your constant companion in his nonphysical presence. Cheryl took me to a historical art center in Indianapolis when we first met. Cheryl took many photos of Native American art there and many of them hang on our walls today. Art, flowers, mythology, and nature keep my relationship with Cheryl ongoing. Gary

cjpines, Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.