*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Here I'm back with one of my old drawing.

Attached Files:

2. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Great colors, so life-like!

Rose

3. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Sorry, that post was meant for B.
    Helena, I love your drawing too, so sweet.

Rose.

4. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Aren’t those carrots amazing?
    I love growing stuff, being barefoot on the earth brings a great sense of peace.

DEB321 and Rose69 like this.
  5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Rose69 and Countess Joy like this.
  6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

No idea how that post ended up as part of your post. Even signed by you. Strange.
    Robin

Rose69 likes this.
  7. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

This site does have some posting oddities. Nothing like home grown carrots, especially in good soil.

Rose69 likes this.
  8. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Oh yes they are wonderful, and surely delicious, taste better than supermarket ones, and healthier too. Carrots are unfortunately one of the few root vegetables that we've never tried growing on our land, because the soil is claysoil, and I think carrots especially, want soft, , smooth, sandy soil. Ours is really tough! We used to grow potatoes though, until the wild boars starting invading our territory, eating them all up! Our garlic and onions all went well, but now on my own, I can just about manage a few tomatoes, my husband used his tractor to work all the land.
    I have pictures of my tomatoes I picked but unable to send them, keeps saying: file too large.

I agree about walking around the land, giving you a sense of peace. I wish I could do it barefoot like you, but wouldn't be wise on our hard stoney soil.
    Nice talking to you about country living.

Rose

Countess Joy likes this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yes, my house was built on what used to be farm land. Everything grows so well. I have deer eating my roses and rabbits eating my gladiolus. Imagine if I had vegetables.

10. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Rose, thank you for sharing your garden. It does bring so much peace. It’s been so hot here I only go out in the evening. Getting rain tonight that might cool things a little. Rose when you choose your picture under the picture you can choose size. Choose small and it should work for you. I’d love to see your tomatoes. All this garden talk makes me miss even more that I didn’t do vegetables this year. But I’d be fighting off the deer even more. Rabbits too. Enjoy your tomatoes. Robin

Countess Joy, Rose69 and Gary166 like this.
  11. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

You have a powerful Mother Earth hand B. Nice veggies and photo. Gary

DEB321, Rose69 and Countess Joy like this.
  12. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

No, not startled, just want to eat some sweet carrots, homegrown. I love those colored ones.

13. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you Robin, luckily, we're having a break from those terribly high temperatures (100s),but we've gone from one extreme to another. Heavy rain storms nearly every afternoon for over a week now, a village not far from us was completely flooded and inundated with mud by a landslide. I've never seen so much rain in the month of August, it's usually the driest month of the year. Weather's gone crazy!
    I also miss seeing our property full of different crops growing, I'm trying my best to keep it tidy, getting rid of weeds, pruning, calling our local handyman for grass cutting and other heavy jobs, and so on, but it's impossible to do all that work my husband did.

Robin, I'm sorry to hear that you have cheeky visitors eating your flowers, but at least they are sweet animals, not like our horrid terrifying wild boar. Thankfully, they only come out at night, but if you happen to be out and about in the fields at sunset (this invasion has affected the whole country), you could have an unexpected close encounter. They have been seen wandering the streets in Rome! There are videos on the Internet.

Thank you for the suggestion for sending photos, I'll give it a try. I actually managed it once (the cactus flower), seem to have forgotten how to do it! My mind is really 'foggy' at times.

Hugs to you.
    Rose.

Countess Joy likes this.
  14. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Rose, yes, my visitors are definitely sweet animals. The doe jumps over my fence and roams my yard during the night. I have cameras and I can watch. I haven’t seen where it jumps over but my back yard is all fenced in. The little bunnies I’ve watched grow up from babies and I’m in love with them. Except they’re eating my gladiolus. I can’t even imagine wild boars. I just researched on line and saw the situation. They’re everywhere.
    I’m glad you’re getting a break from those high temperatures. Supposed to get rain here tonight and hopefully it will get cooler here too.
    The foggy thinking is a real thing. I’m here to tell you eventually it will happen less. There was a time I was sure I’d never think clear again. And I also have gone through so much guilt. For no reason, I put it on myself. Survivors guilt. Things get better ever so slowly.
    Sending hugs back. Robin

Gary166, Rose69 and Countess Joy like this.
  15. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I love the trilliums in the lower left corner of your drawing very beautiful Helena. Gary

Rose69 likes this.
  16. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

IMG_20220812_123540.jpg IMG_20220812_090824.jpg IMG_20220812_123540.jpg IMG_20220812_090824.jpg /ATTACH]

Perhaps, I've managed to finally send a couple of photos of our summer harvest, at least what I'm trying to save, as we've been having daily afternoon /evening rainstorms for over a week now, which are causing so much damage. There's one going on right now.

DEB321, Gary166, Countess Joy and 2 others like this.
  17. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Forgot the pears and prunes! IMG_20220812_195440.jpg
    This is really art therapy for me.
    I feel, I'm honoring my darling husband, trying to keep our land alive (obviously, not as much as he could).
    Hugs to all.
    Rose.

DEB321, Gary166, Countess Joy and 3 others like this.
  18. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Rose, So beautiful! You’re doing a wonderful job of honoring your husband. Everything looks wonderful and delicious. So about all the rain damaging the fruits of your labor.
    I was just now outside and my daughter called. We were having a bit of a melt down. Car trouble but I won’t go into it. But I had 2 swallowtail butterflies flying all around me. Butterflies have a special meaning to us and it made my cry. I felt it was Ron, trying to calm us. When I hung up the butterflies moved on.
    Love your photos! Thank you for sharing. Robin

19. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

New Art! Abstract acrylic painting!

Attached Files:

cjpines, Gary166, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  20. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Thanks for the art George and Rose. I love how we honor our beloved by keeping their hobbies/projects flourishing. Robin Thanks for sharing your experience about the swallowtails and feeling Ron’s calming spirit. I feel Cheryl’s nearness looking out the window regularly. Cheryl loves hummingbirds and has many figurines and decorations. Yellow warblers are eating the seeds from the heath asters now. Our interaction with nature stirs the soul and stimulates creativity with the supernatural. I can’t live without it. Gary

Attached Files:

DEB321, cjpines, eyepilot13 and 3 others like this.