*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure Gasana are everbearing which means they produce a little at a time throughout the season unlike a “June bearing” variety that kinda comes on all at once and typically smaller than something you find at the market? My first year strawberries always seem to start slow, by the end of summer, and certainly next year they do better. I do hope your’s sort themselves out, as you said “we are not in charge of nature” isn’t that the truth.
    Rosemary and sage are wonderful workhorse herbs, they seem to grow themselves, only needing us to help them stay contained. I can understand Jack selecting those. Do you use them for tea or cooking? I know the bees love them, even had some humming birds on the sage this year.
    ~B

Rose69 likes this.
  2. Countess Joy

Preparing foods for the people in our lives is such an act of service, especially for those we love most.
    Pear cakes sound lovely, Rose. Perhaps one day it will be easier, perhaps the aroma of a cake in the oven will bring comfort.
    I certainly never know what will bring a tear or a smile, or both. ~Bernadine

Rose69 likes this.
  3. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I use them for cooking and drying and storing. But the bushes are so big I will never run out. Thanks for the Gasana tip. Let you know how they do later on.

Rose69 likes this.
  4. cjpines

Rose, I have never heard of a pear cake. Sounds so yummy. I make pear sauce and can't stay away from it. I'll have to try a pear cake. I agree with B, someday it bring comfort.

Countess Joy and Rose69 like this.
  5. Countess Joy

Bee on Leek Blossom.jpg
    bumble bee on leek blossom in my garden today.

(couldn’t wait til wednesday)
    ~B

cjpines and Rose69 like this.
  6. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

What a lovely thought, capturing this wonderful impressive scene, one of our many miracles of nature. As they say, the world would end without our bees....

Countess Joy likes this.
  7. cjpines

I've never seen a leek blossom, beautiful.

Rose69 and Countess Joy like this.
  8. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Another Wednesday, another drawing!
    IMG_20220426_164842_kindlephoto-456951041.jpg

Gary166, RLC, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  9. cjpines

That looks like my mighty ancient oak tree that keeps dropping limbs by the dozen. Beautiful drawing.

Countess Joy and Rose69 like this.
  10. Countess Joy

Baby Buddah.jpg Lavender.jpg night lights.jpg
    Happy Wednesday, Grief Warriors ~B

Gary166, Rose69 and eyepilot13 like this.
  11. cjpines

Rose69 and Countess Joy like this.
  12. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I haven’t either. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing
    Robin

Countess Joy likes this.
  13. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Rose, I just back back from a shirt get away on the beach. I think it did me some good, and the beach is such good therapy for me. anything in nature if I’m honest. We were so lucky to see so many dolphins swimming and jumping. They went for a couple hours. I’m still in awe from that sight.
    Rose we have so much in common, from learning so much from our husbands to dreading going in the tool shed. I’m also thankful for needing to wear the mask because it hid my face and emotions. And we’re both trying to keep their vehicles running. And of coarse the nightmare of a sudden heart attack. We both have 2 children also. Mine don’t live with me but my daughter moved back in for a very long time after Ron passed, she continues to be my main support. My son is out of state but visits and stays in contact. And when I see him he gives me the best bear hug you can imagine.
    The business I had to close was an upholstery business. We mainly did automotive upholstery, seats, carpeting, convertible tops, you name it we did it. And Ron’s specialty was refurbishing the interiors of antique cars. We also made the cushions and upholstery for exercise equipment and as we worked towards retirement that was our main job. Less strenuous, we could leave for lunch and not worry about missing customers. Life became less stressful. I had fallen and wasn’t able to move easily and Ron drove me to work so I had him to help me get to the bathroom and help in everyday things and he could still work. That’s is a very difficult but also good memory. I didn’t break bones but bruised ribs and pulled muscles. Ron was my hero and always will be. He is why I get up every day. Plus my dachshund Teddy, who Ron got for me.
    Your property sounds simply beautiful. I understand how things seemed like too much work and now those same “chores” are sorely missed. Picking olives and making oil! How special. It all does sound like a lot of work. But also such special time spent together. Rose I complained about Rons snoring and what I wouldn’t give to hear it now.
    I love your last sentence and it’s so true. Thank you for that. The love you share with your Ron will always be blooming for you, in your heart. And those roses are blooming even more now. You’re right Ron would the roses I planted for him.
    Thank you again for your post. Wishing you peace and better days ahead. Robin

Rose69 and cjpines like this.
  14. Helena Beatriz

It's Wednesday again! another lonely drawing!!.. hopefully George will be joining us today...?

IMG_20220426_170236_burst_01_kindlephoto-262071761.jpg

Countess Joy, RLC, cjpines and 3 others like this.
  15. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I'll try

Gary166 and Helena Beatriz like this.
  16. Helena Beatriz

Glad to zee you here, this art keeps us positive! Cyber hugs your way.

eyepilot13, Countess Joy and Gary166 like this.
  17. Countess Joy

August Harvest.jpg
    August Masterpiece…..

Rose69, Gary166 and RLC like this.
  18. cjpines

Needs to be put in sunset magazine.

Countess Joy likes this.
  19. Countess Joy

Not sure how artistic this is but it definitely qualifies as therapy.
    I’ll keep up the Wednesday tradition until George and Helena are back with us, perhaps today?
    2022 carrots.jpg

~B

Helena Beatriz and Rose69 like this.
  20. Countess Joy

Whoa, that came out quite large, hope y’all weren’t startled!

Rose69 likes this.