*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wednesday ART THERAPY

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, May 4, 2022.

1. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Big Eye... Crying tears of Fish! Awesome art HB!
    That is so me...

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. eyepilot13

Abstrackt as my heart Mind and soul

Wednesdy Art Therapy Upload

Attached Files:

DEB321, cjpines, Gary166 and 3 others like this.
  3. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Helena, after Linda died suddenly in
    front of me 3&a half years ago. I WAS a
    basket case, bc I had PTSD. My last
    image of Linda, collapsing in front of me,
    soon to die, haunted me in a continual
    loop. I volunteered to stay in a small
    psychiatric unit for 5 nights with 8 other
    clients. It was the best thing I could've
    done. Rather than being alone in my
    apartment, on the family holiday of
    Thanksgiving, I walked out of my unit
    bedroom & was joined by other people,
    with depression, alcohol & drug addiction,
    manic depression, & sheer sadness of
    being alone. We cared & helped each other
    at our counselor led meetings, walks
    outside, and one-on -one talks. Upon
    discharge, I saw a kind psychiatric
    nurse practitioner/ grief therapist. She
    suggested the 2 books I recommended to
    GIC. She also told me about this site, but I
    wasn't ready to join until July of 2021. Lou

4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Helena,
    So perfectly portrayed. Love your talent.
    Robin

cjpines, Van Gogh and Helena Beatriz like this.
  5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

George,
    Love this! Might be my fave of yours. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Robin

Van Gogh likes this.
  6. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

George, that's so cool!!! I love your technique it's uniQue...looking forward for next Wednesday, no more tears!! HB

Van Gogh, Gary166 and eyepilot13 like this.
  7. Helena Beatriz

Thanks Robin, I appreciate very much your support and kind words, my friends here and my art keeps me going... I wish some day I could meet every one of TGW. Wishing a very nice afternoon, lots of love and peace. Helena

Patti 61 and Van Gogh like this.
  8. eyepilot13

Thank you so much! I agree, but it has been hard lately!

Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Helena, That’s my wish too, that would be so wonderful just imagine having everyone together and not feeling out of place. But in a place where everyone knows how we’re feeling. Such a beautiful group of people here.
    I’m heading outside. It’s a beautiful sunny day here. I want to take advantage. Nature heals my soul. Time to weed in the memorial garden. My children gave me a beautiful garden bench for Mother’s Day. Butterflies on the backrest. I have to get the garden ready.
    Wishing you a peaceful afternoon! I’m glad your art keeps you going. We all need something. ❤️ Robin

10. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Hi Helena, thanks to you, George for
    sharing your beautiful art. I once did
    Tole Paintings, used a scroll saw, cut
    my woods, paintings on them, made
    wall clocks. I found it very relaxing.
    I am not able to get recent postings of
    TGW “Family” on my iPad. Although
    I’m seldom posting I sure miss checking
    to read , to know how everyone is doing.
    I wish there was a place to read on doing
    the settings. It’s a challenge for me to
    figure out how to correct the problem.
    Want to say hi to everyone, keeping
    You and all GW in my daily prayers.
    Hope this will post.
    Blessings,Patti

Gary166, DEB321, eyepilot13 and 3 others like this.
  11. Helena Beatriz

Dear Patty, I have also noticed that the warriors have been quiet, or they are having a peaceful weekend which is good! Lou probable is enjoying live music in his local cafe or just now sleeping. I don't think there is a problem with the site.
    Do you still have any of you scrolls? I also find that being creative keeps me relaxed, many years back I started with watercolors but it is very difficult, if I made a mistake I had to start again, slowly I change just drawing, I'm not an artist like George, but I like doodling what ever is in my mind. Yesterday I received a call from one of my friends in Hawaii, that was nice to at least talk over the phone with one of my friends!
    Today I pushed myself, went for a long walk, did some clothes washing, arrange some cabinets in the kitchen. When we moved here Geoff and I had a lot of plans to remodel the kitchen, he was very enthusiastic working in his work shop, took the cabinet doors out, change the hinges and handdles, I painted the top cabinets, BUT as his illness progressed we stopped...something that I will try to complete...??? I will take a picture soon and share it.
    Thank you so much Patty for listening. I'm sending you my love, peace and lots of virtual hugs. Helena

Gary166, DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  12. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Patti, so good to hear from you. Your tole paintings sound beautiful. Such a wonderful talent. I can share that I rarely get notifications of new posts too. For me it’s been hit or miss ever since the update in October. I did get the notice for this post. You could reach out to Karyn and tell her the issues you’re having. In case you’re not sure how to contact her. Go to the bottom of the page and click on contact.
    Take care, you are in my prayers as well. Robin

Gary166, Van Gogh and Helena Beatriz like this.
  13. Helena Beatriz

TGW are very quiet!!!

Gary166, eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  14. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yes I’ve noticed that too. But I also have been experiencing some issues with the site, for quite a long time. I haven’t been on as much lately either. For me it’s mainly because the weather has turned nicer and I’m outside working in my yard and just getting fresh air. Made it on the beach for a drive today. I’m glad you were able to go on a nice walk today. And talk with your friend from Hawaii. Always feels good to talk with a friend who is supportive. Helena, I 100% feel that your drawings qualify you as an artist. They’re beautiful, tell a story, make people think and smile. You are an artist. Definitely keep us posted on your kitchen remodel. Finishing a project you started together can bring in many emotions. I have faith that you will finish and be proud.
    I hope you’re resting, tomorrow is a new day.
    Robin

Gary166, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  15. Van Gogh

Helena. you are right that I've been
    enjoying live music with lunch at my
    local cafe, noon to 2, with my friend,
    who plays drums , from 2 to 3. I also went
    to the cafe Friday night for dinner , with
    friends, to see a band. with 2. female
    vocalists, with. beautiful voices.Other times, I walk down our boulevard. I went
    today, and we had summer temps, as I'm
    sure you do. One problem, which reminds
    me of Robin's

"happy, mixed with sad"
    philosophy, is that the pollen was fierce
    today, & I had an unexpected runny
    nose & itchy eyes. I take Alaway for the
    eyes , but may have to get another
    product for my nose. I usually go to bed
    early, & wake up early , at the same time,
    every day. But, I was congested & checked in with GIC, after midnight & replied to you, Patti,& Robin. Hope you don't have
    allergies, and are enjoying this warm
    weather, after a long cold winter. Lou

Gary166 and eyepilot13 like this.
  16. eyepilot13

I feel really crappy physically and emotionally and I don't have much to say. I thought I'd feel better when it warmed up but 4 daze in a row at record temps (mid 90s!) and much humidity have set off allergies. Unbearable itching. They removed the ice machine at dialysis and now that sucks even more... The one comfort at dialysis. Sorry to complain. Not doin' good... Every night dream Valerie is still Alive. Then wake up to the Truth of Reality. It Sucks!

Gary166, cjpines and Van Gogh like this.
  17. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Hi Helena,

I've been MIA for awhile, with this foggy widow brain, I don't know how long, lol... As usual, I have some catching up to do. By the time you read this, I hope you're enjoying a much needed/deserved!!! break from Mr. Grief...

A friend's sister's two sons died (not at the same time) many years ago. She hasn't been able to tackle Mr. Grief head on, and does her best to hide her pain from everyone, even those closest to her. She has morphed into an angry, controlling person... My heart breaks for her... Grief is destroying her, her relationships with others, and even more importantly, her relationship with herself. Grieving SUCKS!!!, TUTTAM!!!, but, and this is another one of those really BIG BUTS!!!, as we know only too well, there is no way to escape Mr. Grief. He will eventually find us, and suck all the life right out of us, if we constantly ignore him. It SUCKS!!!, but and this is the last very BIG!!! BUT!!! for now, dealing with all the pain Mr. Grief tosses our way, beats the alternative!!!, TUTTAM!!!

I love how you're able to express your grief through your art. It gives you an outlet, and all of your GIC "family," something to look forward to every Wednesday. You are so very talented!!!, TUTTAM!!!

I'm so very grateful for your friendship, for the friendship of all of our GIC "family...'' Since I don't believe in coincidences, I know God gave us each other to help each other through the very darkest days of our lives. I'm always amazed at how a group of strangers, from all different backgrounds, from all over the country, all over the world, have been able to come together, help each other, and form such a special bond, a bond that can't be broken, that only those of us who have BTDT, will ever understand...

As always, sending you and your adorable fur babies (I can see in my mind your adorable dog, both his picture and the drawing you made of him, and also the sweet picture of your cat, but for some reason, I can't seem to remember their names. Blaming it on foggy widow brain, lol!!!) lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

18. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

The George,

Thanks so much for giving me something to look forward to every week. I LOVE!!! this one. Like Robin, this is one of my all time favorites...

Super tired... didn't get enough sleep last night, but other than this, in general, everything is okay in Debville. Basically just the same old, same old, etc., etc., etc.... day in and day out. Mr. Grief hits, I kick the F*CK!!! out of him, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I'm finally beginning to win more battles than I'm losing, a definite plus!!! I'm good with this, I have to be. Life is always going to be so over the top bittersweet, but and this is another one of those really BIG!!!BUTS!!!, to repeat myself for the zillionth time, I'll take bittersweet over the alternative any day!!!, TUTTAM!!!

I hope you have at least one reason, but hopefully many more, to LMSO today...

As always, sending you hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Deborah A. and (deleted member) like this.
  19. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

The George,

As usual, I don't read things in any particular order. I really should break this habit, but habits can be so hard to break... I'm so sorry you feel like shit, both physically and emotionally. It SUCKS!!! Allergy season started around the end of February but the very worst of it should be over by the end of this month. I live on generic Claritin 24/7. I hate to think what a drippy, runny mess I would be without it, lol...

Sending lots of extra hugs and love your way...

Wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Deborah A. and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Van Gogh

Deb & Helena, my grief therapist gave me
    a short piece on grieving.The author said,
    "When Grief comes knocking, you have to
    let him in". Later , I read Karen's similar
    concept of Mr. Grief. My caveat would be
    not to let Mr. G overstay his welcome. I
    agree with Deb, that there is no such
    thing as coincidences. My belief in God,
    bringing us all together, is stronger, since
    Linda's death. Lou