*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Warriors

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by tgotyall, Jun 23, 2022.

1. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou, Ron shows up all the time for me. I believe Linda is in your dreams to let you know she is ok and with you. If she’s there she’s ok. Try to embrace those dreams. Robin

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Well, Robin, I did feel calmer this morning.
    After eating at one of my 2 breakfast
    spots, I felt Linda was guiding me to a
    tranquil place of solitude by a harbor , to
    which I don't usually go, as I told Nicole.
    I try to think of the quiet moments , in
    nature, away from noisy people, that Linda
    & I were sometimes able to have together.
    Other times, however, I'll pass by a
    bencb, by the water, wbere Linda &
    I were trying to quietly look out to sea,
    only to be interrupted by some loud,
    clueless tourists, taking selfies behind us.
    Linda was much more sensitive to
    noise, bc of an unhappy childhood, than I
    was. Try as I might, I couldn't give her the
    peace she so desparately needed, except
    for our trips away. I proposed to her in
    Bermuda, and married her in Las Vegas.
    Both places, though very different, were
    magical. Lou

Sweetcole, Rose69 and RLC like this.
  3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou, I believe that what you’re feeling is Linda. She’s guiding you and with you. Some of the things I try to work on and then I’m not sure if I’m doing things right. I get this light bulb moment as I’d I’ve done it before. And I feel Ron with me. Sometimes I hear his voice. The first fall after Ron passed my daughter and I were bleeding her sprinkler system. And all the sudden we couldn’t remember the next step. We’re in her basement and trying to figure it out. Then both of us at the same time had an OMG moment and said we knew what we were forgetting. Then of coarse there were tears but mostly of joy. And then we finished the process, everything went smooth. I have those moments often. This morning I was missing Ron more then ever. I have no idea what happened but it’s like someone flicked a switch and I felt upbeat and positive. And Ron thoughts were in my head. Ron and I always stayed away from noise and noisy people too. I knew you got married in Las Vegas. Didn’t know about Bermuda. Such wonderful memories. Although bittersweet now, still beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Robin

Sweetcole, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. Van Gogh

Hope you were able to receive Center for
    Loss quotes, Robin. The one today fit me
    perfectly. I was bored with talking with
    the people in my small town, so I'm on
    a bus to a larger city by the water. It's where Linda grew up, but she became
    sad & bitter, bc it became more crowded,
    and had more crime, since she was a
    little girl. I did not grow up here, so
    many places are new to me. I plan to walk the Boulevard, which is longer than
    the promenade in my town. I need a
    "free flow" day today, wherever it takes me.
    Lou

Rose69 likes this.
  5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I love how you’re approaching today. I hope the change of scenery is good for you. Try as I may I can’t get the Center for Loss quotes. It’s a beautiful day here, I planned on doing more yard work like I have all week. But not feeling it so I’m taking a day off to enjoy this beautiful day and breathe in the fresh air without working for hard. Made a salad and sat under my gazebo and watched and listened to all the birds and so many butterflies. I hope the visit to the larger city by the water it just what you needed. Enjoy your “Free flow” day. Robin

6. Van Gogh

Robin, something (Linda's spirit ?) told
    me to come to an outdoor bar, under new
    name & management. Saw a great guy ,
    a friend, who's a musician. He used to
    drive a cab, & would pick me up to go
    see Linda at rehab ctr. One day, I told
    him she died. He got out of the taxi,gave
    me a bear hug, and we've been friends
    ever since. I see him & his brother play
    at my local cafe. I can say , with certainty,
    that Linda would have loved him, his
    wife, and his brother. Enjoy YOUR
    "free flow " day! Lou

7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

You don’t hear stories like that very often. What a nice guy! Linda is guiding you. Having you go to new places. Got to love it. I’m enjoying a day of doing less. Feels nice. Wish everyday felt like today. There’s even a nice breeze. Robin

8. Billfromwa

Billfromwa Well-Known Member

Patti 61 and Van Gogh like this.
  9. Billfromwa

INTO YOUR EYES (2022) (final

(Bill Lathrop)

Although you have moved on to a better place

I’m still surrounded by your Grace

So now, I don’t have to cry

I just rely... on my mind’s eye.

When I gaze into your eyes, I see more than the obvious,

that therein lies.

It’s from these visits, I surmise... that I have now come to realize the life lessons... that you have devised. To understand... that, my still living body is not a cruel device, but is just my chance to go back for advice and to attend God’s school in order to learn God’s vision of the “Golden Rule”, and to finally know, what’s real and true...before mine own end comes into view.

When I gaze into your eyes, I see more than the obvious that therein lies, I now see the lessons that you have devised...

When I gaze into your eyes

cjpines, Rose69, RLC and 2 others like this.
  10. Billfromwa

INTO YOUR EYES (2022) (final

(Bill Lathrop)

Although you have moved on to a better place

I’m still surrounded by your Grace

So now, I don’t have to cry

I just rely... on my mind’s eye.

When I gaze into your eyes, I see more than the obvious,

that therein lies.

It’s from these visits, I surmise... that I have now come to realize the life lessons... that you have devised. To understand... that, my still living body is not a cruel device, but is just my chance to go back for advice and to attend God’s school in order to learn God’s vision of the “Golden Rule”, and to finally know, what’s real and true...before mine own end comes into view.

When I gaze into your eyes, I see more than the obvious that therein lies, I now see the lessons that you have devised...

When I gaze into your eyes

Rose69, Patti 61 and Van Gogh like this.
  11. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you, very true and comforting words.

Van Gogh likes this.
  12. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Lou, I understand what you mean about your Linda guiding you to a tranquil place. I often need to escape and thankfully, I can do this not having to leave my property. I take a walk down to our fields and I talk to my C, we can be alone here together in our thoughts and I feel him beside me but it's so sad that I can't reach out to touch him. I was moved by that special dream you had.
    Wishing you a peaceful day.
    Rose

Van Gogh likes this.
  13. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hi Robin, I have also been spending more time outdoors, among this beautiful nature I have surrounding our home. There are always odd jobs to do around here, but like you say, at times I just need to sit here, talking to my C and feeling/hearing/seeing him beside me, he loved spending time outside too, and I feel I'm honoring him doing this. Unfortunately, our usual hot, humid, sweltering summer has arrived now, temperatures in 80s and still rising, we are forced to stay barricaded inside at least during the critical hours (11am to 4pm),unless it's absolutely necessary to do some urgent errands. In fact, I will go outside now, early morning, to water some plants.
    All the best to you, take care.
    Rose.

Sweetcole and Van Gogh like this.
  14. Van Gogh

Rose, it is good to read you on here. I woke up around 2:30 am, my time, and checked
    in with GIC. I welcomed a new member,
    Sue, who lives in Illinois, where George
    lives. I have heard that in countries
    like yours, Spain, & others, taking it easy,
    inside, or even a nap ( a siesta) in the
    afternoon, is essential in the hot, summer
    months. Now , I'm going back to sleep.
    "See you again, soon" Rose. Lou

Rose69 likes this.
  15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Rose,
    I think we would get along so well! Loving and enjoying nature. That’s where my healing comes from. The memorial garden I made for Ron got very damaged when my septic tank collapsed. All the huge machinery needed caused so much damage to my yard. But the memorial garden is what made me cry. Especially since it was far enough away that shouldn’t have happened. But I’m getting it back slowly. My kids gave me a beautiful bench for the garden that I absolutely love. Not sure I’ll be outside too much today it’s 83° and we have an air quality warning. Maybe later when it cools some. I talk to Ron just like you talk to C. And I know how he’d answer me too. I’m sure that’s the case for you too. I hope you got to spend some time outside enjoying nature and time with C. Robin

16. Van Gogh

Robin, as I get older, I seek a good bench,
    as well as restrooms! My fantasy is that
    TGW could visit each other. We will just
    have to paint a picture of where we live.
    You, Rose, Gary, Bernadine certainly do.
    I really hopeyoucan get to a beach again,
    soon, if it isn't too humid. Lou

Rose69 likes this.
  17. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou, Thank you for the laugh!! Love your fantasy. Just imagine us all seeing each other for the first time. That would be awesome. We’re still hoping to get to the beach. Pretty devastated some idiot ruined it for everyone. It’s supposed to be our happy place. Robin

Countess Joy, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  18. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hi Lou, you're right about the afternoon naps. We do have this custom over here, I've never really followed this particular habit, just a simple rest and watching TV or reading,usually. We do get to the stage that we have a sort of 'afternoon curfew', even the news bulletins start warning us not to go out between 11am and 4pm unless absolutely necessary. Now maximum temperatures are around 30/35 celsius, think this means 80s/90s in fahrenheit, but the forecast doesn't look too good, temps steadily rising and in the next few days we'll reach 40 Celsius, which I think is about 100 fahrenheit. Add to this the humidity and you can imagine. We are better off here in the countryside, we manage to get a breeze every now and then. This is one of the reasons I love living here, even if the winters are colder.
    Hope you have a good day Lou.
    Rose.

Countess Joy, Patti 61 and Van Gogh like this.
  19. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hi Robin, yes, I agree totally with you about nature being healing. I don't think I would have saved my sanity if I didn't live here. Whether I'm digging up weeds, cleaning up or just simply walking around, I do find peace and serenity here. I can imagine how upset you must have been seeing your memorial garden damaged, glad you're getting it back in order again. What a beautiful thought you have had to honor your beloved Ron, and a lovely thought from your kids too, to give you that bench.
    I'm having the same problem about being outside, in this heat. Like I've just told Lou, for the next couple of months, I'll only be able stay outdoors either early morning or evenings (I prefer early mornings), as long as I remember to spray myself with mosquito repellent.
    These sad summer weekends are so difficult to cope with now, without my C, thinking of all our days out together, family holidays, motorbike trips around our mountains.
    We do seem to have a lot in common, but you have an extra advantage, I understand by reading your posts that you don't live far from the beach. How wonderful. My C always said that our place would be perfect if it was nearer to the sea.
    Wishing you a peaceful day, hoping it doesn't get too hot for you.
    Rose

Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  20. Van Gogh

Rose, thank you for painting a picture of
    your life in the countryside. I am blessed
    to live on the coast, bc we usually have
    sea breezes in the summer. unlike other
    parts of the U.S. My town is desolate in
    the cold winter, & not much is open. I
    hop on a bus, as a senior without a car
    ( my choice),and go to a nearby small