*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Too Much Loss

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by eyepilot13, Jan 7, 2022.

1. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Oh Lou! I feel for you! I'm constant at war with MG. Driving the GF to work at 6am. But it gives me something to do. Keep resting and take care of yourself. Winter is just horrid this year. Hang in there your GIC friends are here for you my Brother! :cool:

Van Gogh likes this.
  2. eyepilot13

Your virtual hug is much needed! I have been trying to do stuff but I so don't want to. At least driving TBs GF to work and back gives me something to get out and do. Also dialysis keeps me going out. Winter just sucks so much. at least it warmed up enough that I got to walk to the store. It's great to be able to walk. Hope I do better today. So fr my fingers be crossed! Much love and hugs!!! :)

cjpines, DEB321, RLC and 1 other person like this.
  3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Yes, having a reason to force us to move is good. Teddy is that for me. He needs to go out in the morning, so I have to get up and get him out and fed. You’re getting out at least twice a day. Seeing the world around you. Fresh air is the best medicine. It’s crazy, weather app says it’s going up to 48 today. How is that possible? From 4° to 48. Everything is wet and the ground is kind of soggy but I hope to get outside. Feed the birds and let Ted run around some. Thank you so much for the love and hugs. My daughter gives me kisses on the cheek. But I miss getting hugs. I can’t have Rons hugs, I wish my son was here. His hugs give me strength. I hope you have a better day today too. Fingers crossed for you , and all of us. :)

Van Gogh, DEB321 and eyepilot13 like this.
  4. eyepilot13

You the sweetiest!
    Getting out is the highlight of my day. I totally miss Valerie's huggable-Ness. At least we can give virtual hugs, better than nothing.
    I'm glad you have a little cute critter to love. TB wants a cat! I like cats. They are cool like me! LOL

RLC, Van Gogh and DEB321 like this.
  5. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

George I’m glad you got to walk to the store this morning. How far of a walk is it? Is there a lot of traffic or is it a mellow neighborhood? Sorry for so many questions. You’re a courageous man Bro! I’m glad you keep trucking! Prayers for you too. It’s good to see our older brother Lou posting more. Lou thanks for the LMSO in regards to does anybody have a condo we can go hang out in Florida? I had a very positive experience with my therapist yesterday. After answering some questions how to improve the in person grief meetings I poured my heart out. She taught me 2 grounding techniques and 2 relaxation breathing exercises. Laura is her name and she is giving me assignments for the next session to figure out what my personal strengths are. And what obstacles I had to overcome in my childhood. I’ve already psychoanalyzed Laura’s motive. she is trying to teach me how to empower myself. I can definitely use some more positivity and methods to heal. TU as our friend Deb would say. Robin 10” of snow adds additional stress to the winter. Right now it’s all gone for now. Robin I found out the quotes from centersforloss.com are going to my junk mailbox instead of the inbox. There is a way to correct this but I haven’t figured it out. Robin I am still challenged navigating GIC site. Hope you have a good day. Thanks for listening. Gary

6. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

It's good to "see" you, but I wish you were feeling better. I'm glad it's warmed up enough so that you can get a walk in. I think I would lose every last shred of sanity I have left if I wasn't able to get outside, get some fresh air, some exercise... I hope today's walk is a good one, and you have at least one, but hoping for more than one, reason to LMSO...

Sending you lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  7. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

I'm so glad you had a positive experience with Laura yesterday!!!, TU!!! (first one of the day). In a rush, have to get moving..., but hope today is a good one, or at least the best one possible, for you, for all TGW...

Sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  8. eyepilot13

Always there to listen! Never mind answering question! There is a big street to cross to get to the store but walking through the compound is pretty serene! I'd say it's about half a mile there and back. I am so glad you had a good therapy experience my Bro! I just keep doing as much as I can which is I admit not a lot, but we do our best!

Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  9. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lou,

If I had that condo, all of THWs would be invited…. For now, all we can do is to think tropical thoughts…. Escaping from reality can be a very good thing!!!, TU!!!

just checked the time, have to get out of here, get my car started…

Hope the special med helped, you’re feeling better!!!, TU!!!

Hope all TGW have a much better day than expected…

Sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace, DEB

10. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Awe, Thanks! No idea where I’d be without my little Tedinator. That’s his nick name. And Mr Bear, his name is Teddy Bear. Ted and GIC get me through each day. I stepped outside filled the bird feeder and walked around a little. Feels good to get fresh air. Heading back out later. I like cats too but seriously allergic. So no cats in my future. I think it might do you a world of good if TB decides to move forward and can find one as cool as you! I took care of some issues on my credit card, measured my fuel. So far so good today. Virtual hugs all around! Robin

csmith532 and Van Gogh like this.
  11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Gary, So glad you’re meeting with Laura went well. I use breathing exercises regularly, I find them very helpful, I hope you do too. My snow is gone, but yes it was stressful. But a strange thing happened. I decided not to try to clear my driveway. I felt Ron telling me don’t do it. My daughter planned to come clear it for me. But I went out to check it and by some miracle the 8-10” were nearly gone from my driveway. Snow everywhere else. Hmmm. I decided Ron cleared it for me. I don’t know, but I was happy. Thanks for letting me know I should check my junk email for the quotes. I did a quick check, saw some emails from centerforloss but not quotes. I’ll look again though. GIC can be difficult to navigate this last update really changed the site a lot. But I’m figuring it out slowly. I don’t get all notifications but most now. I search to be sure I see most. Today is a much nicer day here, I plan to get more fresh air while I can. I hope Lou has a break from the super cold we’ve had too.
    Everyone, take care, Robin

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  12. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

George, what Robin said here is exactly true. I've been there and am still there in many respects, your not alone. I believe we can get through it, I have to believe it or I would kill myself. And you too, can believe it.

DEB321, RLC and Van Gogh like this.
  13. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Happy birthday to Linda, Lou.
    Between weather, illness and grief I’m not sure about the ‘happy’ part.
    I understand gray winter season blues, especially up here in the rainy PNW. I have a full spectrum light I turn on for a few hours every morning during the winter, I’ve used it for years, it seems to help. ~Bernadine

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  14. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Karen, There’s no doubt in my mind you’re still there sometimes. I’m at 3+ years and I still have those days. We will get through we will all experience better days and we’ll pull and support each other to the best of our ability. We all need to believe. I like your wording. Robin

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  15. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Bernadine, I just started using a half
    teaspoon of Quenticin powder, mixed with
    OJ, to get rid of this remaining cough,
    from Omicron. One can't buy it at either
    CVS, or Walgreens, but can get it in packets, from bulk, in Roseburg, Oregon.
    Have you heard of it? If none of this works,
    I may seriously think about moving to
    Florida, for part of the winter. Linda & I
    had made train reservations for Fla, right
    before Linda got sick 3 years ago. Lou

16. cjpines

Two thumbs up for a cat. Rambo helps the void in my head.

Van Gogh likes this.
  17. cjpines

Thank you Robin. I believe everyone has to believe in something and we Warriors WILL believe in better days coming.

Van Gogh likes this.
  18. csmith532

csmith532 Well-Known Member

This post reminded me of my Lizzy. She would call me Teddy Bear and she loved to feed the birds. Brought a smile to my face. :)

-Chad

Van Gogh likes this.
  19. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’m happy it could make you smile. Ron enjoyed feeding the birds all the time. The only thing I knew he wanted for Christmas in the year he passed was a new bird feeder. I bought him one that year and have continued to feed the birds. It makes me feel close to Ron doing what he loved so much. I miss watching them with him of course. But Teddy sits with me.
    Robin

cjpines, csmith532 and Van Gogh like this.