*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Too Much Loss

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by eyepilot13, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I’m free at last. Free at last. Brothers and sisters I’m free at last. That’s what our elder brother Lou is going to say when he is over the omnicron plague. Oh what a relief it is to see your post older brother Lou. You’ve been down two whole weeks Lou. I imagine it will take you another two weeks to get back to normal. My gray matter kicked in Thursday and I canceled my haircut. I’m opting out of in person grief meetings too. George you nailed with the Amboy Dukes and journey to the center of the mind. Chi Town sounds very cold Bro. Sleep tight TGW. Gary

eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

3. Van Gogh

My last reply, George, was cut off bc I
    was angry, deeply disturbed, and depressed. Hope my following talks with
    you, Robin, and Deb, were less foggy. Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou,
    Good to hear from you. Sorry you’re still fighting that cough. But so glad to hear your neighbors are making you split pea soup. It’ll do you some good. This cough is hanging on a long time. Report back on how the Vick’s works. I hope you’re not coughing and getting some good sleep. We’re all praying for you to recover and feel Lou again. Robin

eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  5. Van Gogh

Thanks
    for heating,unit, as efficient, as oil heat
    hot matche

6. Van Gogh

7. csmith532

csmith532 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I know I am a newbie but I want to echo the sentiments everyone has expressed here. No expectations from me on how often others are active online. I am super appreciative of the support I have already seen. I myself have been only am sign on when I am able. It's been a very rough road to travel. I have been thinking a lot of a particular memory of my Lizzy. She "confessed" to me that she was not really into my favorite movies (Star Wars) but whenever she would hear me watching it, it made her happy to know that I was happy watching my favorite movies. That has been my thinking here lately. To try and be happy to make my Lizzy happy once more. It might not be possible this soon, but I hope I keep putting one foot in front other until I can be. Praying for us all. Glad to see you all here posting what and when you are able.

-Chad

Also, Deb, I think I missed orientation. I have trying to figure out what TU is. Help a newbie out? Haha

Van Gogh and eyepilot13 like this.
  8. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

If I’m not mistaken TU is Total Understatement. Deb will have to confirm that though. ;) ~B

Van Gogh, eyepilot13 and csmith532 like this.
  9. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

No worries my friend. The internets interface is so awkward I read outside the box or lines and get the message. I have been fighting MG so much I just won't give up. Hope you keep feeling better.

Van Gogh likes this.
  10. eyepilot13

That is such a hard one to honor a loved ones last wish "To be happy" One can use that as a guide I think about what is ":normal" versus Grief Guilty. One of fav things to do before Valerie got real sick was too watch movies and chat about them and comment while they were on. TeeVee too. I think that's one reason I don't grok to entertainment anymore. Glad to hear from you Chad!

Countess Joy, Van Gogh and csmith532 like this.
  11. eyepilot13

I have that LP! I am frozen!

Van Gogh likes this.
  12. csmith532

Definitely the most difficult thing I have ever attempted. Sometimes it just seems impossible. Her dad recently told me that his hope for me is that I am able to find love again because he said I treated his daughter so well. And if I do I would I would have the support of the entire family. However, the only woman I want to be with is Lizzy. And I am not sure if that will ever change. Time for bed for me and I take ambien as well. The joys of the graveyard shift teaming up with MG.

-Chad

Van Gogh likes this.
  13. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Chad, That was such a special gift Lizzy’s Dad gave you. Telling you he saw how wonderful you treated his daughter and saying when you might be ready their whole family will support you. You may never to ready. Who knows. But such a wonderful thing for him to say. This is such a long process or journey, whatever you want to call it. You’re just starting out, but you do have great support from Lizzy’s family.
    Get some rest. Robin

DEB321, csmith532 and Van Gogh like this.
  14. csmith532

It definitely was. I am so thankful for them.

-Chad

Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  15. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Lou, you're having it rough. It's boring as hell to be sick for so long, homebound and alone. Just know it won't last forever. I hope reading all the chapter's on GIC cheers you up a bit.
    It seems you have quite a following -- people helping deliver food to you, you are loved and don't for get it. K

Van Gogh likes this.
  16. Van Gogh

As you often do, Karen, you nailed my
    feelings of being sick, homebound & alone.
    You once giggled that I felt like I'm
    under "house arrest". Because of my
    cough, I don't want anyone to come into
    my apartment. My neighbors leave food
    for me, by front hall, like in a prison
    movie about solitary confinement. As for
    GIC, I speak with only 3 other brothers,
    Gary, George, and Chad. With the widows,
    it's you, Bernadine, Robin, Patti, & Deb. L

eyepilot13 and csmith532 like this.
  17. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

We love you Shackman.

Van Gogh and Countess Joy like this.
  18. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Hi Lou, Just wanted to touch base with you and see how you’re feeling. I’m hoping you’re doing better, even if it’s slow. Just feel better. I’m glad you have such caring neighbors. You’re in my prayers. Feel better, Robin

Van Gogh likes this.
  19. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Lou I’ve been thinking about you also. I know this damn Omnicron has to run it’s course. Keep reminding yourself better days are coming. You’re making all the right moves. Be kind and patient with yourself. Over 600K cases a day is encouraging me to stay home. I have to do a pet mri Tuesday and I hope the spaceship is germ free for my space Odyssey. Take care older brother. Gary

Van Gogh likes this.
  20. Van Gogh

ppl
    Thanks, Gary. Good luck, Tues. One good
    thing, it's surprisingly light out 'til almost
    10pm. Wait a minute--- I slept through
    most of the day, Is it morning? Lou

Gary166 likes this.