*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Three losses in two months

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Marissa0122, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Marissa0122

Marissa0122 Member

I have lost my grandma, an aunt and a cousin (my aunts daughter) since January. My grandma was sudden, my aunt was suicide, and my cousin we are not sure was accidental or suicide and I am having an extremely hard time coping or trying to talk to anyone other than my boyfriend. But, my boyfriend is not great at comforting me and I think he is over me not being happy and doesn’t know how to handle me. I feel so alone and feel like no one knows what I’m going through regardless of my family all going through it.

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

My dear girl,
    You have suffered 3 close losses in such a short time. It is to be expected that you are having an extremely hard time coping or trying to talk to anyone.
    Please remember that your boyfriend has not had to go through this, so we really can't expect him to understand what grieving is all about. I am sure he wants you to be happy again, but we know that is not going to happen quickly. You can share your feelings here with people who understand.
    We love you,
    Chris