*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

The Saw In The Garage (autobiographical stuff)

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by eyepilot13, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

Keep moving forward George, don't give up your writing, you may be the next sensation!!! Remember that we are all trying to overtake Mr Grief....some days are worse than others....been just a little over 2 months for me and as they say, when you get to end of your rope, tie a knot and hand on!!!! Sometimes that's all you can do. Sending, hugs, prayers, comfort and wishes for every moment of sunshine and smiles that you can find...Rita

Gary166, eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rita,

Thank you so much.... It's been an over the top emotional week!!!, to the absolute max!!! (I have to shake things up a bit every once and a while, I've become such a creature of habit, not who I used to be ...) Every single emotion taking up space in my head..., all at the same time... Lots of tears..., lots of smiles... I'm so over the top proud of our youngest son!!!, TUTTAM!!! He had to overcome so many obstacles to get to this very challenging, over the top, exciting time, in his life. I can't wait to see where the future takes him... At about three p.m., after both the public part and the private part of his oral defense were finished, he texted me. He said he's officially only a couple documents away from being called "Doctor," lol... Can't wait until he's finished teaching this semester... We're going to celebrate in person, BIG!!! TIME!!!, to the absolute max!!!

After the public part of the presentation was over, I talked to my daughter. I told her how much I have to believe Bob/her father knows... She said, "Mom, Dad does know!!!" We both cried... Something as wonderful as this huge milestone in my son's life, should just be happy, NOT!!! happy..., mixed with sad... (thanks Robin!!!), so very bittersweet... However, as I've been saying so often lately, from now on, even in those (way too fleeting) over the top happy moments..., life will always be so very bittersweet... It SUCKS!!!

My heart is filled with so much love..., so much pride..., for my son... He has been my rock, always here for me, no matter how busy his schedule was, still is, between collecting specimens for his dissertation, lots of time in the lab doing the experiments, writing his dissertation, preparing for the oral defense, teaching biology classes, grading papers, offering extra help sessions for those who need/want to attend, etc, etc, etc... He has one of the very biggest hearts... Better stop here, I could write one of my "books, " as Lou and I refer to my super l o n g messages, lol...) just about my son. Plus, I don't want to sound like one of those mothers who can't stop bragging about how wonderful her children are, lol... Every single child is a very special gift from God.

I am very grateful God gave Bob and I three very beautiful children, who morphed into such wonderful and interesting people, seemingly overnight, lol... However, they kept me on my toes while we were raising them, NEVER!!! a dull moment in our house!!!, TUTTAM!!!, lol,..

Stopping here, I've been going through tissues one right after the other, while "talking" to you... Can't stop the tears... the memories... Missing Bob with all my heart... Wanting to cuddle up next to him, his arms wrapped around me... He was, and always will be, my knight in shining armor... Just finished another box of tissues.

I'm so sorry Mr. Grief hasn't left you alone for the past few days... I hope since you wrote this, you've able to kick Mr. Grief in the ass as hard as you possibly can, as many times as necessary, until you win these way beyond miserable,...TUTTAM!!!, multiple daily battles... I'm kicking him in the ass today for you, for all of our GIC "family." It SUCKS!!!

"Hugs, sunshine & smiles" right back at you...

Sending you lots more hugs & love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thank you Rita. Glad you like my writing. It is so hard to stay motivated. Yesterday massive mood crash after Dialysis. It is so hard to be strong! Lottsa Love! George

4. eyepilot13

How about the idiocy of people droning on and on! People are always blaring their big mouths talking loud and saying nothing! Valerie too had no patience for loudmouth idiocy! Take care Bro! George

5. eyepilot13

Y'know the DEb! I'm truly glad you have something to be happy about!
    Love George!

Gary166, Van Gogh and DEB321 like this.
  6. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

George, as I've said before, Valerie &
    Linda were a lot alike. Linda also had no
    patience for loudmouths, and sometimes
    said so, to their faces, which could get me
    in trouble! Lou

Gary166 and eyepilot13 like this.
  7. eyepilot13

I could tell you about the fights she used to get into with people in stores! Of course she always boomeranged the blame back on me!

8. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Oh, wow, George! I think it's healthy to
    realize our soulmates were not saints.
    Linda & I were sitting at a bar, trying to
    have a quiet dinner. A loud big guy got
    on Linda's nerves, & she said something
    to him. The guy looked at me menacingly,
    and asked me, "What did she say??!!"
    It's been so long that I don't remember
    my reply to that bully, but it was a