*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

The Return of Mr. Grief

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, Feb 25, 2022.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I had that happen too. My daughter bought a Halo, battery operated battery charger. We charged it twice and it seemed to be running, next morning same thing dead. After three days I finally called AAA. He came out and said my battery is dead and replaced it with another new one. I felt so helpless.
    Roadside assistance or AAA if you have something like that will help you.
    It's really hard trying to do things without Jack my husband. He took care of everything. I hope you get your car running -- we need our wheels. Good luck, Karen

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Dear Helena, sorry I’ve had to be lacking in getting into GIC , this virus
    has really gave me a whipping, doing my best to regain strength, make
    myself eat.but have no taste, ugh. It’s rough bouncing back.
    Helena, sending you a great BIG HUG, been keeping you and all
    Others here in my prayers.
    Mr. Grief has been kicking me hard, thankful we have GIC and TGW
    folks comforting one another.
    Keeping this short, hope to get back soon
    Hugs,love,prayers to you, all of us through this journey.
    Blessings, Patti

3. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Patti, I'm so sorry you have had this horrible virus and hopefully soon you'll feel much better, but try to eat even if you don't have an apetite, that is very important!
    You mentioned that you are in upstate SC, just for curiosity, do you mind if I ask you in which town?. Thank you so much for kepping me in your prayers, I have also being thinking about you. Please take care and I'm sending you love, peace and many, many hugs. Helena

Van Gogh likes this.
  4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Patti, did you have Omicron? I had that,
    starting Christmas night. When I went
    to the hospital for something else, I
    tested positive for COVID. I was put on
    an IV, for hydration & nourishment, bc
    I had lost interest in food. Nothing
    tasted good. Finally, the IV kicked in &
    I felt stronger. The hot meals at the
    hospital were delicious! After discharge,
    a VNA nurse & 2 PTs came to my
    apartment, to check on my well being,
    & make sure I stayed hydrated. It was
    suggested that I eat watermelon, grapes,
    & OUTSHINE fruit popsicles ( no sugar) ,
    in addition to meals. I feel fine now, &
    can walk outside. Hope you feel better
    soon, too, Patti. Lou

Gary166 likes this.
  5. Helena Beatriz

Karen, every time I read the posts, the best thing I did is finding GIC, here I'm able to mention how I feel withough judgement. Tomorrow will be a better day! and I'll be dealing with my car battery. Like your Jack, my love of my live took care of every thing, now I should get used to do things by myself.
    Helena

Gary166 and Debra M like this.
  6. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

Patti, I'm Debra, and I just want to say I'm so sorry that you have been sick, and my heart goes out to you... I hope you will be feeling better soon.
    Take care always
    Debra

7. cjpines

Helena, all I can say is, it's "HARD". What else can we do, but trudge on. I walked around my property because it was warm and started crying. Everything Jack did as a gardener was dead, weeds all around. Mr. Grief came to visit again, but I guess we should get used to it because he won't go away. Always blessings, Karen

8. cjpines

Patti, I'm praying and mostly positive thoughts for your recovery. Always, blessings to you, Karen

Helena Beatriz, Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  9. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Patti it is so good to see your post. I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. I know when I feel bad I think bad too. Mr Grief has more power then. It took Lou over 5 weeks to get over it. You can get well too. Easy does it though. You’re a very wise person and you’ll make all the right moves. I’m sending you a big hug. I’m going to keep you in my thoughts more and sending you positive energy too. Keep the Faith Patti. Gary

Helena Beatriz, Van Gogh and Debra M like this.
  10. Helena Beatriz