*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

The Return of Mr. Grief

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had a calm day, enjoying the sunny day and I didn't shed a tear, but Mr. Grief came back with vengeance. First I didn't sleep well, then I decided to drive to go to the pet store and buy food for the cat, the battery of my car was totally dead and I don't know anything about cars, plus I live in the bunnies (I haven't go out for over a month since my spouse left this world) Totally frustration!!! and now I'm back to square one. I started to call my older sister for support 'What can I do now', like she is going to solve my car problems from the distance. Seems like nothing is working, my other half is not here, again I left wide open the door to Mr. Grief.

2. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I totally understand. Some days are better most days are just plain hard. After dialysis yesterday had to drive home in a snow storm and was so wiped out just got in bed at 4:30. Couldn't do anything at all. Not to sleep just to hide from all the pain. It is so hard without Valerie around to be with me...

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Helena, I can relate to your day in which
    nothing goes right. I know that's
    happened to everyone on GIC, who don't
    need added aggravation on top of
    battling Mr. Grief. Just read George's
    reply to you. TGW pray every day for
    him. Dialysis is bad enough, but trying
    to deal with a seemingly endless, very
    cold, dark winter as well as missing
    Valerie, is just too much. I was depressed
    last night bc I was going to be trapped
    inside today, bc of a snowstorm, the 2nd,
    & I hope last one of the season. February
    sucked as usual. I hope March will come
    in "like a lamb".......I didn't go out today.
    My way of dealing with the snow & no
    sun, was to take a nap. Now, I feel better,
    bc I can eat dinner, get on GIC, & relax.
    I like hearing the town plow trucks, which
    means the roads will be clear tomorrow,
    & I can walk outside. As I told George, I
    try not to think of winter as one block.
    Some days, with sun & blue skies, are
    better. I know you will have a better day
    tomorrow, Helena, but it was a good idea
    to get on GIC to "vent", as my wife,
    Linda used to say. Lou

4. Helena Beatriz

I'm so sorry George, you have to deal with dialysis and the horrible cold & snow but sometimes I think that I'm living in a nightmare, all of us have bad and some good days, I just want to "vent" like Lou mentions on his thread. Please take care. Helena.

eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  5. Helena Beatriz

Lou, I'm totally feeling that I'm at the edge of getting depress, but GIC is kepping me in one piece, reason for me "venting" over something which in not the end of the world. Thanks for your words, tomorrow will be better and also you take care of yourself. Helena

6. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

For me it comes in waves; some are those rolling, nauseating ones, you almost can’t stay standing. Others are big crashing ones with salty spray. The sneaker waves come out of nowhere and smash me into the sand. You’re doing great, Helena. ~Bernadine

7. Van Gogh

Bernadine, living near the ocean as I do,
    I understand your analogy of the waves.
    Every morning, I see the changing tides.
    Some days the ocean is calm. Other days,
    after a storm ( of grief?), it is wild and
    turbulent. I strive for that middle ground
    of waves gently soothing my soul. Lou

Countess Joy and Gary166 like this.
  8. Van Gogh

Whenever I am depressed & lonely in the
    middle of the night, I reach out to other
    GW. Sometimes I see Karen or Bernadine
    on the West Coast, or I simply post my
    thoughts, & someone usually answers in
    the morning. Lou

Gary166 likes this.
  9. eyepilot13

Venting is what we are here for. Today was a much better day. I hope you too will feel better, as The Deb sez itsa rollercoaster ride of grief

10. eyepilot13

So wasted and wiped out yesterday but today was way better. Take all the good moments that come and give my injured finger to MG!

Gary166, Van Gogh and Countess Joy like this.
  11. Van Gogh

George, happened to wake up & saw your
    reply to Helena. I chuckled at middle
    finger reference. I told you that you hadn't
    lost your sense of humor. Also, I get a kick
    out of "The Deb" phrase, & sometimes use
    it . Lou

Gary166 and eyepilot13 like this.
  12. eyepilot13

She be Th' Deb for sure! Love her!

Helena Beatriz, Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  13. Van Gogh

So do I, George! The Deb uses unique
    phrases that make me laugh: total
    understatement !!! ( TU)! Lou

Helena Beatriz and eyepilot13 like this.
  14. eyepilot13

I need any LoL-ing I can get!

15. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I'm glad I live in Calif regarding weather in the east. That's one positive for Calif, lot's of negative.

16. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. When things happen it will definitely seem like grief will be harder. Its rough when the most dependable people in your life are gone. Something happen and they are the first ones you want to call. Did you get another battery for your car? Continue to get out and do things to get fresh air. It'll eventually feel a little better to keep busy.

17. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

Helena, I'm so sorry that once again you found yourself in Mr. Grief's tight grip!!
    And hopefully you were able to solve the problem with your car battery. I know that is so stressful when things like that happen, and to top it off, feeling like nothing is working, is totally frustrating!!
    And you will be in my thoughts.

Take care always
    Debra

18. Helena Beatriz

:(
    Debra, Good Morning. Thanks for asking!!, I'll deal with the battery some other day. Today it's a gloomy Sunday and I will stay in, I'm sure tomorrow will be better, now I have to try and take care of my wellbeing, even so I'm alone, I'm still here with my dog and cat, my daily companions.!!
    You are also in my thoughts and please take care of yourself and your girls, they need you, this grieving its a long process to travel.
    Sending you many cyber hugs.

Helena

Van Gogh likes this.
  19. Helena Beatriz

George, I'm glad that you feel much better! and today I'll be positive too, tomorrow will be better for you, Lou, and the GW of GIC. Take care

Van Gogh likes this.
  20. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

Good morning, Helena
    And you're welcome. And I certainly understand, it is best for us to do whatever and however much we feel we can handle each day, so as not to overwhelm ourselves. And because today is a gloomy Sunday here also, my girls and I will be staying in also. And I'm sure tomorrow will be better as well. And it is so important to try and take care of yourself. Dogs and cats do make good companions, and so I'm so glad that you have them. And thank you so very much for keeping me in your thoughts, and you are always in mine. And I have been taking care of myself as well as my girls, because they do need and depend on me. And grieving is a long process to travel, and I look forward to being able to get through each day easier...
    And thank you so much for sending me many cyber hugs. And I'm sending you many cyber hugs as well as hoping you will have peace, also.
    Take care always,
    Debra

Van Gogh likes this.