*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Sudden and unexpected

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Gary166, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Hey, younger brother, Gary! At Shack!
    Will talk later....... Lou

2. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

In the spring Whitetail bucks lose their antlers. They fall off their heads and they are called sheds. Cheryl found her first shed last spring. I have trail camera photos of a deer that has the same shape and points as the shed Cheryl found. Antlers grow bigger every year. I thought to myself wouldn’t that be bizarre if I got that deer? My chances were like one in a billion. And I’ll be darned if I didn’t get that deer today. I’m going to post a photo of the two antlers. one is off the deer I got, but the other one is the one Cheryl found last spring. The one Cheryl found had a broken tine. I am just totally blown away. If this isn’t a sign I’ll eat my hat. Thanks for your prayers Patti. I’ve been thinking about you too. George glad to hear you had a rally. I hope our pack leader is doing good tonight at the Shack. Thanks for listening. Hello Robin Karen Deb and Stacey. Gary

Attached Files:

eyepilot13, DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. Van Gogh

Gary, your older brother pack leader just
    walked home from the Shack. I never
    had a brother. but if I did, I'd want him
    to be like you. Your belief in God, your
    love for Cheryl, your belief in grief groups
    like your own, and GIC, your grasp of books, movies, and music, tells me you
    would not only be a brother, but a friend.
    As I mentioned, I emailed Jonathan to
    thank HIM for his book, and to say that
    HE was like a brother ( older) that I never
    had. He writes a warm email back, saying
    he would be "proud" to be my brother.
    Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  4. Van Gogh

Gary, you & Cheryl had something special
    together, including a love of nature and
    wildlife. I've learned a lot from you. I'm also impressed with your texting of images,
    to GIC. I'm just a simple text & email guy.
    I bought this phone after my wife died,
    so I'm new to this. Thankfully, Linda
    showed me how to use the Internet! Lou

5. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

I replied to your post from yesterday before seeing this one. Thanks so much for the smiles!!! I really needed them. That has got to be a sign from Cheryl... So glad today was a better one for you!! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us.

Sleep well.

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  6. Van Gogh

George, a friend, Jimmy, gave me a book
    at the Shack. I haven't read it yet, but the
    title reminds me of you & other GW:
    It's Not Supposed to be This Way, by Lisa
    Terkeurst. I know you don't have any
    time to read right now, but maybe after
    the move, you can borrow it from the
    library. "Shack Man"

eyepilot13 likes this.
  7. Van Gogh

Karen, the Shack was magical. As you can
    see from my posts to Deb and Gary, we
    raised our glasses to toast Linda. We all
    smiled. and I didn't cry bc I was among
    friends I had met only 2 weeks ago. Lou

8. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

That makes me very happy you had a magical night with friends and how special to toast to Linda, so special. I'm so glad for you, K

Van Gogh likes this.
  9. Van Gogh

Thank you so much for your kindness,
    Karen. I was just about to go to bed
    ( 10pm my time). Linda would have
    been beaming at the attention. She
    also would have been amazed that I
    was being sociable without alcohol! Lou

10. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Patti,
    I’m so sorry you’re not getting any alerts. I don’t blame you for taking a break. I did too for a while. This is not like the site we each signed up for. I’m glad you’re doing a small turkey, you’re in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you a very peaceful Thanksgiving and Christmas. Stay safe and remember to take care of yourself. You’re important too.
    ❤️ Robin

Van Gogh likes this.
  11. cjpines

Absolutely, she would of been beaming, maybe she was?

Van Gogh likes this.
  12. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Wow Gary, What a sign you got from Cheryl. thank you so much for sharing. I’m happy you had a better day today. And the drama with the sisters is a done deal.
    I’m happy for you! Robin

Van Gogh likes this.
  13. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou, I’m happy you had a magical time at the Shack with your friends tonight. I hoped it would work out that way for you. I’m sure Linda was with you and proud of how you honored her today and each day. ❤️ Robin

Van Gogh and eyepilot13 like this.
  14. Van Gogh

Karen, just woke up to pee ( I know Deb
    AND Linda would say, TMI!!), & was
    pleasantly to see yourwarm text. I agree
    about Linda. She never went to the Shack
    with me, but would've loved it. I'll try to
    think of the good times we had, at quiet
    bars, eating & drinking, and talking with
    fun people. Lou

15. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Something I will look into! As of now I'm re-reading Thomas Wolfe; Look Homeward Angel (3rd time!) One of my fav books ever such explosions of prose poetry. Totally overblown and crazed! I love it! I can Read at Dialysis when I'm not too tired. and sad.

Van Gogh likes this.
  16. eyepilot13

Hey Gary! Thatz so cool. Our loves keep giving us messages cosmically in the most creative ways. Kind of like all the shiny red hearts I find all over the house as I'm moving. I think the energy fields intersect in the coolest ways!

Van Gogh likes this.
  17. eyepilot13

I try! Thanks for seeing my continued moving forward. That's all one can do really. Was so tired yesterday when I got home all I could do was curl up in bed. But I DID NOT beat myself up over this. Move forward and be kind to myself and others! Love and peace my friend!

Van Gogh likes this.
  18. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

George I’m glad you were kind to yourself and got some rest. I think finding those little red hearts all over the house is Valerie sprinkling her love out to you. Lou I read your message with tears of joy. The inner work you’ve put into your grief journey has benefited us all. All of TGW have found more grief information in literature movies and websites. and we have been led by your example. I like how you say you’ve became a people person out of necessity because it tugs at my heart that I can’t survive in continued isolation. I’m so glad you had a good time with your fellow Shackman last night honoring Linda’s spirit. Even though I felt euphoric yesterday over Cheryl’s message I still woke up with a pounding heart thinking about the sisters. I am allowing them to live rent free in my head. It’s time to start reading “eight pathways to forgiveness” again. it had to go the way it did and it’s over. When my emotions are totally out of whack is hard to get the cognitive part of my brain working. I need to have a shift in perception. In time I’m confident if I choose love over fear I will be free. But this is going to have to be a continuous effort because of my obsessive compulsive behaviors. It’s time for me to rest today and do mindless things while being kind to myself. Lou By the way I traded my stool softeners in for dried prunes. Seriously much better. Love you all very much. Gary

Van Gogh and eyepilot13 like this.
  19. cjpines

Gary, a laugh coming from me on your by-the-way response. Karen, have a good day.

Van Gogh likes this.
  20. Van Gogh

Gary, your last words about bowel
    movements, made me chuckle. As Linda AND Deb would say: TMI!! Thank you
    for remembering that I'm a people
    person. Went to American Legion this
    am, where the vets kid each other all the
    time. I was oversensitive at first, but now
    I can "dish it out". Lou