*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Sudden and unexpected

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Gary166, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

George Deb is spot on about all you’ve accomplished so far. Think about the things you were stressed out about that you’ve already accomplished. Fill one box at a time then take a 15 minute break. The trouble is that its not happening fast enough but it is happening. You did have a brutal day yesterday but you endured it. You persevered again. I’m experiencing frustrations of my own. I’m in conflict with two of Cheryl’s family members a friend and a neighbor. Honestly the problem is in my head. I need a shift in perception. I need to slow down and view these people as wounded little children. Glad you found a good radio channel. Keep moving the feet. Love you man. Gary

eyepilot13 and Patti 61 like this.
  2. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Hi Karen, and all GW’S
    Not sure if the site has changed, or the use
    of my new iPad, I seem to have hard time
    using the site now. I have been loosing
    What I’m typeing and have to get back in
    is anyone else having same thing?
    Karen , I have the worst time getting about
    here in upstate SC, I get lost all the time,I
    won’t use the GPS, only go where I know
    how to get there.,other times go with my
    daughter. I miss so much about Ca.
    George, I’m happy that your home sold,
    I’ll be keeping you in prayer, “LOOK AT
    ALL YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED.” I
    believe the move is going to be smooth.
    You are Amazing.
    Gary, are you planning on moving too?
    Deb, it was sure cold this morning, 30
    degrees. I really feel it, and the dampness.
    I reckon I best see what I shall prepare
    for dinner. I always dread mealtime.
    Prayers for all of us and sending hugs.
    Blessing, Patti

DEB321 and eyepilot13 like this.
  3. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thank youy! vThank you!! Thank you!!! I cannot tell you how much the support of TGWs gets me through these crazy daze!

Patti 61 likes this.
  4. eyepilot13

You are awesome! I so look forward to your positive messages. Everything is so close and big I can't always see the ultimate picture. Threw out a whole bunch of crap today from under the sinks and the linen closet. seeing Valerie's old hair products was rough. There always seems to be more and more of her stuff... ordinary, dusty, grimy, Had a real good talk with TB today about her. She sure was NOT perfect... but I love her! I miss her! I should have helped my family more. Too many "Shoulds" I hate the shoulds and the what ifs. I'm sorry you have to deal with babyish acting people. Shifting perceptions is very wise! stay strong my friend! Always thinkin' of you and TGWs!

Patti 61 likes this.
  5. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Patti, it seems everyone is experiencing complications with this site lately. I use my office computer and have had no problems. I have high speed Internet and Wifi. Some people here use a different method to connect, maybe that's the problem, but with all this technology it shouldn't make a difference.

California is a beautiful state, but so many people are moving out, partly due to taxes and fires. I've thought about moving, but I don't know where I would go. Anywhere with bad weather and mostly humidity is out for me.

How's you eye? Seems you have been on line seeing much better.

Do you have any Thanksgiving plans? My sister/husband and daughter will be here, but one seat will be missing. When I'm around family they are all watching me to make sure I'm okay. I really don't like it. If I space out and not listen to conversation they always ask, "are you alright".

Sending you blessings Patti, Karen

eyepilot13 and Patti 61 like this.
  6. eyepilot13

I use a wired in desktop computer not a phone or tablet. I can't wiFi. Maybe thatz why I don't have as many issues...?

7. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I agree.

8. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I’m using an iPhone 11 with AT&T and I haven’t had any troubles yet. Peace. Gary

9. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

I hope you're feeling at least a bit better this evening. The only thing I know for certain is that everything is always subject to change. Although the next couple of weeks are going to be over the top busy for you, and will SUCK!!!, they'll go by super fast. I like the advice Gary gave you, to fill one box at a time then take a short 15 minute break. Backing up a bit, in the scheme of life, a couple of weeks is not even a drop in the bucket... Repeat this over and over and over again, try to wrap your mind around this... In just two weeks all of this "garbage" will be history!!! Once you're finally in your new apartment, you can take your time unpacking. Get some much deserved, much needed rest...

Sending lots of extra hugs your way, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

P.S. All those "shoulds" and "what if's" are so destructive. The past is the past. We can't change it, all we can do is move forward. I sometimes get stuck in those "shoulds" and "what if's" too... I wish I knew of a way to help both of us, and anyone else who gets stuck in these too, but I'm totally fried. Went to the grocery store today, and those Christmas displays really got to me. It's a good thing it was sunny here and I wore my sunglasses in the store. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you, for me, for all TGW... This has got have been one of the all time worst months for so many of us... I'm so glad we have each other, TU!!! I don't know what I would do either without TGW...

eyepilot13 likes this.
  10. eyepilot13

Deb! You rock! Big time I thank you so much for the thoughts! I am kinda doing better today. It was brutal but I'm better. I so appreciate all you GWs!!!

DEB321 likes this.
  11. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Patti,

As always, it's so good to see you. How are you feeling? I hope your vision is improving. As always, you and all TGW are in my daily prayers...

I hope this site gets straightened out soon. I've been having trouble with it on and off. However, today, I haven't had any issues with it. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!!

I'm so sorry that you aren't happy where you're living, but glad you live near your daughter. I "get" it. I miss MA the way you miss CA. It was very cold here today too. I wore a fleece long sleeve top underneath a warm jacket when I went to the grocery store. I hope it warms up enough so that tomorrow you can get a walk in. I'm busy tomorrow afternoon, but if it's warm enough in the morning, I'm going to try to hit that pavement.

I hope you had reasons to smile today... That tonight is (mostly) a good one for you.

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Patti 61 likes this.
  12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

So glad to hear you're doing better!!! Thank you for sharing this. It made me smile. I can never get in enough smiles...

eyepilot13 likes this.
  13. eyepilot13

I think itz the time change and gloomier weather, especially here in Chicago. I so miss my bestie and yet I feel like I'm back in 1986 again! A new chance. I feel so guilty taking it!

14. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

Sending extra hugs your way... I know you're going through a really rough time and wish so much we could get together in person, that I could give you a real shoulder to lean on. I'm so sorry that your family can't just let you "be."

Sending many more hugs to you and Rambo, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

15. eyepilot13

I feel better but I know itz just a thing I'm growing toward bein really better. I so hope you are ok enough. I can't help it I'm so inwardly focused right now. I so care about all my GW friends! we get stronger every day!

16. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

Thank you for letting us know. I usually don't worry, but as far as I know, Lou hasn't gone this long without "talking" to at least one of TGW. I knew he was around because of him liking our messages, so this made me feel a bit better.

Hope your evening is (mostly) a good one.

17. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

I hope you see this, didn't know where to put it. I know you sent me a message yesterday, or at least I'm pretty sure you did, about Jack always driving you places the the same way that Bob and Mark, drove me and Stacey everywhere. I'm glad that the three of us are getting more confident in driving and are not afraid of getting lost when going somewhere we've never been. I think you said something about how we will continue to learn as we go. I totally agree with you. With each thing we accomplish that we didn't think we were going to be able to do, we become more confident in ourselves, knowing that we can take care of ourselves without our husbands' here, with us. I know this would make Jack, Bob and Mark very proud of all of us. We can and will do this together!!! We are TGW!!!

As always, sending you and Rambo hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

18. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Thank you Karen , sorry to say it isn’t better, am told
    It has lot of healing, nerves involvement . Am able to
    spread words out on my iPad allowing me to use
    small type.I am really having time of posting,
    hopefully this will get posted. My little dog and I
    be by ourselves Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    Many of our friends have moved from California,
    Those fires are frightening, we were ordered to
    evacuate several times but I kept the complete
    fields on property weeds down with help of our
    sheep, Jack was too ill to leave. I had PVC pipes
    connected with garden hoses attached an placed
    on all sides and on the eaves. of our home . Our
    Community had many neighbors that were firemen.
    I started this post quite awhile ago, hope it gets
    posted. Keeping you in prayers and all GW Friends .
    Big hug to you Karen and all others here.
    Blessings, Patti

19. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Patti,

I was about to put my chrome book away for the night, when I saw your message to Karen. I am so sorry that your eye is taking so long to heal... I am saying extra prayers for you.

I'm so sorry that it's going to be just you and your fur baby for the holidays... I can't celebrate the holidays this year, way too painful, so my son and I are going to GA to explore three barrier islands. We will probably rent bikes one day, go hiking, and spend time by the ocean even though it'll be way too cold to swim. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel, it'll be the first time in about 35 years, with the exception of one long weekend I went to visit my oldest son alone, when he lived in the US, because Bob couldn't escape from work. I think it's going to be a very difficult trip for me, especially being near the ocean, but I'm looking forward to seeing my son.

I won't have my lap top with me, so won't be able to "talk" to you until I get back. I think that some of the other GW are going to be alone too. I hope all of you will be able to visit each other here... Take care of each other the best you can, during what is an extremely difficult time for all of us...

Sending you and your fur baby zillions of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

20. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest