*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Stages of Grief: Anger

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Marcey, Oct 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Hi, AmberGrace, I’m glad you took a step back when you needed too. Following your own intuition will serve you well on your grief journey. No apologies here, ever. Come and go the way you need, we get it. ~Bernadine

Dreary and Van Gogh like this.
  2. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

Hi Deb, I have read so many of your messages of true concern for everyone. I am new here but have quickly realized how often you, Lou, Gary, Karen, and many others have reached out to welcome people to this site. I know how difficult that must be for all of you as you yourselves also suffer and grieve. Please know that your stories and encouraging words are so very sincerely appreciated and are helping people every day. They are what encouraged me to join this group. I have felt less lost and alone since finding all of you. Lost my husband of 38 years less than a month ago and am totally overwhelmed with loss and pain. Taking it one moment at a time and trying to reach out to others to get through it - I pray for peace and comfort for us all, hugs, Rita

DEB321 and Countess Joy like this.
  3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rita,

I’m so very sorry your husband passed away. Words seem so shallow at times, especially under these circumstances, but I hope you know how truly sorry I am. For lack of a better word, it makes me happy knowing our stories, knowing all of us truly “get” the total heartbreak you’re suffering through, are helping you get through the very darkest days of your life. I will NEVER!!! forget the tremendous amount of support… the very kind and caring people who helped me survive those first miserable hours, days, months, some who I’ve developed close friendships with, as strange as this sounds, because we’ve never “met.” GIC, especially TGW, have become a very important part of my life, and have helped me more than I can ever express in words… I’m grateful for each and every friendship I’ve made here.

Although I’m still struggling to find my purpose, now that Bob is no longer physically with me, I know that part of my purpose is to be here, as much as I can, to try to give back to others the support, and understanding that so many were kind enough to give to me.

While I HATE!!! that you had to find us, I’m so glad you did!!! There’s so much more I want to say to you, but I need to get out of bed, start my day…. Plus, I’m “talking” to you on my iPhone, and I have trouble typing on the small keyboard.

Your reply touched my heart, and I wanted to get back to you as soon as possible. I’ve been MIA for awhile, and might not be around much today either, but I’m looking forward to getting to “know” you much better as I know all of us are. Welcome to TGW, our GIC “family.”

Sending you lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Countess Joy and Dreary like this.